Promethean knights...

#1hoax123Posted 5/10/2013 2:07:43 AM
Completely broken. They can stand more punishment than a scorpion tank, they ohk you just by looking at you, you die just by touching them. Try to stab them with a sword? To bad, its you who will die. Take a full scattershot magazine point blank, 4 binary rifle shot to kill them. To top that, they usually come in groups of 10-15, thats all.
---
Finally. Mars has accepted my sacrifices and unleashes me. - Legate Lanius
#2SterlingFoxPosted 5/10/2013 2:46:20 AM
They die in 2 shots from a Binary rifle on Legendary. The first disables their shields, the second kills them.

Also, like every enemy their head is a weakpoint.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhjsL2tOkA
#3hoax123(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 4:21:54 AM
SterlingFox posted...
They die in 2 shots from a Binary rifle on Legendary. The first disables their shields, the second kills them.

Also, like every enemy their head is a weakpoint.

Nope, they do not die from 2 shots, even if it is headshot they still survive. That means you have to reload it, meaning they get time to recharge shield, so in other words useless. As for "weak point", i dont know if i would count their head as one, you still have to shoot them soooo many times.
---
#4ssj3bladePosted 5/10/2013 4:32:06 AM
The Noob combo is your friend here.
#5That1GuyyPosted 5/10/2013 4:35:18 AM
While commanders and battlewagons (the yellow faced and red crested ones respectively) are both capable of surviving two binary rifle hits in rapid succession on legendary, they still aren't that tough. Use better tactics. If a knight is capable of escaping behind his allies to recharge shields, you shouldn't have engaged him in the first place.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#6ssj3bladePosted 5/10/2013 4:53:32 AM
The order you should kill Prometheans is:

Crawler Snipers, Watchers, Crawlers, Knights.
#7tallman34Posted 5/10/2013 6:48:06 PM
Easy way to kill knights, hardlight shield. Was playing midnight with my buddy for the campaign challenge one week, so had thunderstorm and mythic skulls and whatnot. About halfway through he found that you could walk right up to them with hardlight shield, they would lunge (can't remember if the shield would protect you or if you had to side step) once they're past, turn around and assassinate. Made the second half a joke.
#8Faliz18Posted 5/10/2013 7:01:18 PM
Pssh, I played missions 4 to the end on legendary solo, unless they spawned with shotguns or cannons, they were easy.

Ultra sexy moment when one did their Promethean dance attack thing but misses and I assassinated it
---
PSN/XBL-Faliz18
Awaiting: Mario Wii U, Zelda Wii U, Elder Scrolls 6, Halo 5, Destiny, Arkham Origins, and Retro's project.
#9hoax123(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 8:33:59 PM
Faliz18 posted...
Pssh, I played missions 4 to the end on legendary solo, unless they spawned with shotguns or cannons, they were easy.

Ultra sexy moment when one did their Promethean dance attack thing but misses and I assassinated it

You mean when they teleport and lunge at you? Well its easy enough to dodge that, but when they teleport they are in god-mode for a little while, so you cant hit them before they teleport away after that.
---
#10ArkJJPosted 5/10/2013 10:39:30 PM
The ones with Incineration Cannons are a bit annoying, but most you can kill by getting close enough for them to take a swing and then sidestep and assassinate them. If you've got a friend with the HS it's even better, the stupid bastards and most Elites will keep trying to pummel him without paying any attention to you.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary, its the stupid ones that need the advice.