What do you think the future has in store for Halo?

#1lderivedxPosted 5/10/2013 11:07:04 PM
Well the last topic closed, so I thought I'd continue the discussion.

I feel like 343 will make solid, but not great games (much like Reach and 4), for H5 and 6. It'll be interesting to see how things change from now until 6 comes out (4-6 years from now). I think the new xbox will be a very good thing as Reach and 4 have suffered as a result of the 360s now outdated hardware.

I doubt Halo will reclaim its throne (or even claim 2nd under CoD, because let's be realistic here), and it'll probably die out as a competitive game, replaced by CoD, which has actually taken some great steps to improve its quality as a competitive game.
---
Also, we've already established that your amazing high skill 37 firmly establishes you as bad at Halo. - The Beanster
GT: i derive dx
#2COG_KillaPosted 5/10/2013 11:13:23 PM
I'm not a big math fan, but I was pretty good at it. Had I had any drive, I would've made an awesome career out of it.
---
Official Founder of the Unofficial Iderivedx Fanclub
#3JFKandLBJPosted 5/10/2013 11:28:19 PM
Halo was a trend, and it ran its course. Just Like the trend that is Call of Duty will, eventually. That is all it ever really amounted to anyway. Fads that continue to be representative of what was popular in the time they occupied.

I say cherish Halo while you can and honor the momeories it brought you, but look forward to bigger and better things in the future. Otherwise you are leaving yourself narrowminded and shutoff from new experiences and possibilities. Let the next generation bring something new and better.

R.I.P. Halo. You had a good decade.
#4SterlingFoxPosted 5/11/2013 12:03:41 AM
At the moment, 343 has brought Halo to its knees.

Depending on whether Destiny is any good, I think 343 has set things up almost perfectly for Bungie to swoop back in as the hero, making a solid game that steals most of Halo's fans and cripples Halo for good.

If CoD really is a fad, then I hope it dies off soon and Halo makes a comeback. Not because of any particular hate for CoD, (I do have a soft spot for Halo though) but the fact that its gameplay has bled into everything else bothers me. Games that were previously unique experiences are now becoming run of the mill shooters, and its sad that we've lost a lot of the diversity we used to have.
Halo didn't used to bleed its gameplay into everything, and I think those were better days for online games.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhjsL2tOkA
#5COG_KillaPosted 5/11/2013 12:14:06 AM
I don't think Destiny is gonna take any fans from Halo. It's not like people are gonna play halo and then most of them decide that destiny is the game to play.

It's not gonna be destiny that kills halo, it's halo that's killing halo.
---
When i'm alone I strip, cover myself with Vaseline, lay in my neighbor's garden and pretend I am a slug.
#6lderivedx(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 12:23:48 AM(edited)
Official Founder of the Unofficial Iderivedx Fanclub

Brilliant.

Further, 117 getting the last word, closing the topic, then getting modded was pretty amusing. What did he say?

making a solid game that steals most of Halo's fans and cripples Halo for good

Is Destiny really that similar of a game? I have payed almost zero attention to it.
---
I was never aiming to be mature though. I was aiming to be right and dammit, I've got good aim. - MrSty GT: i derive dx
#7JFKandLBJPosted 5/11/2013 12:29:55 AM
"All I wanted was a quality discussion and you guys keep derailing it. I guess it is my fault for posting a topic like this on a community so split. You guys are jerks and act like children. Nobody cares about math in the real world and that is coming from a guy that takes linear algebra. Also, your arguments are stupid. I doubt I will ever come back here again. You guys are immature"

#8lderivedx(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 12:34:40 AM
Oh thank God.

And linear algebra? Damn bro, that's pretty rough stuff.
---
0.999... = 1. Deal with it. If you disagree, I'm happy to show you why you're wrong.
GT: i derive dx
#9JFKandLBJPosted 5/11/2013 12:36:52 AM
It would hurt his feelings if this topic turned out to be more of a "quality discussion", as he put.
#10Bigtymer113Posted 5/11/2013 1:26:08 AM
They don't seem to care about the multiplayer too much. They put so much time and effort into the campaign that people run through in 4 hours and never touch it again.

So I see the future grim for Halo. I think new franchises will come out next gen that will eventually take over the throne
---
Nothing is overpowered in a single-player game. -gunsndroses
GT: Swizzy Dangles