What happened?

#1Caolan_2k9Posted 5/12/2013 12:42:22 PM
Why do people get bored of halo so fast now? (Myself included) and by so fast I mean under a year. I played 3 for 2 years and reach for just over a year. I'm not getting bored of gaming or fps' and I think h4 is great but it's a chour to play at this point and I don't know why.
Is this a flaw on the devs part or are we as players getting bored of halo?
(Note, I know some people aren't, but the numbers have dropped much faster than 3 and even reach)
I will always love halo though and will buy 5 and 6 without even thinking.
---
Always up for a 1v1, friendly or competitive. Gamertag - HyPe xKiwi
#2COG_KillaPosted 5/12/2013 12:56:51 PM(edited)
The way I see it, Halo 4 is trying to cater to either the really competitive, or the extremely casual. The people lack playlists that are both laid-back AND fair. The hardcore gamers have their throwdown, but they can never just play a relaxing, fair, casual game if the mood strikes. Casuals have infinity slayer, but it tends to be unfair because of personal ordnance.

Source: jack ****

Edit: Of course other bull**** like sprint and flinch play a huge part. it's stuff that doesn't really help anyone.
---
When i'm alone I strip, cover myself with Vaseline, lay in my neighbor's garden and pretend I am a slug.
#3-EsperantoZero-Posted 5/12/2013 4:58:40 PM
Is it cause none of your irl friends play Halo 4? Because I'm pretty sure that's the reason it's losing its luster for me.
EVERYONE I knew played Halo 3 way back when, and it was always fun to jump into a custom games lobby. Then a good amount of people got Reach and played it, but over its lifespan people started to leave. Now I only know like one guy who still plays Halo 4 and he hasn't played for like a month.
#4COG_KillaPosted 5/12/2013 5:04:24 PM
That's a big thing too. I met friends in halo that played it almost exclusively, and they had more friends that were always playing it. To be completely honest, I play halo because I just really don't like CoD.

I also play it to have an excuse to come to this board, <3 you guys.
---
When i'm alone I strip, cover myself with Vaseline, lay in my neighbor's garden and pretend I am a slug.
#5-EsperantoZero-Posted 5/12/2013 5:07:29 PM
COG_Killa posted...
That's a big thing too. I met friends in halo that played it almost exclusively, and they had more friends that were always playing it. To be completely honest, I play halo because I just really don't like CoD.

I also play it to have an excuse to come to this board, <3 you guys.

I don't think we've ever played
we should change that
gt: MrBaiioonHandss
#6COG_KillaPosted 5/12/2013 5:09:24 PM
Eeehhhh I don't really like to play with others.
---
Official Founder of the Unofficial Iderivedx Fanclub
#7-EsperantoZero-Posted 5/12/2013 5:11:03 PM
Are you calling me fat?
#8COG_KillaPosted 5/12/2013 5:17:14 PM(edited)
I'm calling myself socially shy when i have to speak, even over the internet. I never put my mic in in public lobbies.
---
Official Founder of the Unofficial Iderivedx Fanclub
#9TMoney650Posted 5/12/2013 5:30:09 PM
COG_Killa posted...
I'm calling myself socially shy when i have to speak, even over the internet. I never put my mic in in public lobbies.

Just stick to party chat then. You seem like a cool guy, it'd be a shame if you weren't a part of this board's online community. If you really don't wanna talk thats ok too i guess
---
XBL: A Percussionist
#10thedeerzordPosted 5/12/2013 5:42:06 PM
Something in Halo 4 made Halo change in my eyes. The thrill is completely gone and I have no desire to play anymore.
---
"Madam President...May God help us..."