POLL: What is your opinion on JIP (join in progess)

#21COG_KillaPosted 5/18/2013 10:45:05 PM
I still don't get it. It's just the same thing as being good at ping pong, or chess, or poker. They have the right to brag about something they're good at. The reason you see nothing but bragging about halo is because this is the Halo 4 message board. Posting anything about being good at anything else is actually against the rules. You don't know these people.

Sure, they might harass baddies a little unfairly, but that's a part of being a gamer. And if they take some to read some of regs' posts, they might be able to improve. No one likes constantly being bad, even if it's a game.
---
Official Founder of the Unofficial Iderivedx Fanclub
#22HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 10:57:58 PM
COG_Killa posted...
And if they take some to read some of regs' posts, they might be able to improve. No one likes constantly being bad, even if it's a game.

Again, look at the last 30-50 topics on this board. How many do you think are worth a look for someone to improve their skill?
---
XBL: Jessica Jung xo
ASUS K55N I 1.9 GHz AMD A-Series Quad-Core A8 I 4 GB DDR3 I 500GB HDD I ATI HD 7640G
#23COG_KillaPosted 5/18/2013 11:16:40 PM
I'll admit that right now, the board has some useless topics up right now ever since that one guy complained about quickscoping, but coming here looking for help and improving right away isn't the best bet. As long as a baddie doesn't try fooling themselves into thinking they're good and don't take insults seriously, they will improve if they want to and have a little patience.

Personally, I learned:
-Positioning and strategy are a lot more important than things like aim and strafe.
-If I do want to improve my aim and strafe, I should concentrate on that individual skill.
-Map knowledge is key (even if I haven't really delved into this, I realize it's important to learn.)
-It's called team slayer for a reason: use your teammates to your advantage and help them out once in a while too.
-There's nothing wrong with running from a fight.

On top of all that, as long as you don't take anything they say too seriously and not seriously try to say you're good when you're not, all the regs are actually pretty cool people.
---
#24HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 11:28:51 PM
I'm not going to tolerate them. It's pretty much "follow our rules and roll with the punches" to be in our clique.

Hell no.
I want nothing to do with that.
I'll keep making posts about how big of a loser they are.
they'll keep posting.
---
ASUS K55N I 1.9 GHz AMD A-Series Quad-Core A8 I 4 GB DDR3 I 500GB HDD I ATI HD 7640G
#25COG_KillaPosted 5/18/2013 11:45:01 PM
If you want nothing to do with it, you could leave. You're not doing any good. There's no point in doing what you do. Don't say it's amusing to have everyone on here against you, because I know what that's like and it sucks.

Topic: "You guys are losers"
Probably bale, I guess: "no you"

Making them post in your topics is not winning.
---
Eeehhhh I don't really like to play with others.
#26HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 11:54:50 PM
COG_Killa posted...
If you want nothing to do with it, you could leave. You're not doing any good. There's no point in doing what you do. Don't say it's amusing to have everyone on here against you, because I know what that's like and it sucks.

Making them post in your topics is not winning.

I do it when I'm bored.
i stop by maybe once or twice a week for a laugh.
---
#27COG_KillaPosted 5/19/2013 12:08:12 AM
How is this:

ever funny? You tell them they're losers, they deny it and call you bad at halo, you deny that but never try to prove it and call them losers, and it goes on and on and on and on and you are wasting your precious time repeating the process, because while you have fun perpetuating a humorless cycle, they're having fun playing halo with their pals, at the same time NOT being butthurt at your topics because you're always dismissed as some sad troll.

If your goal is to get people mad, you've made me pretty angry. but really, where's the the accomplishment in that? Really? And I haven't even insulted you or claimed to be good this game.

I just want to know why you try to troll this board for a laugh when you could get your laughs in way that makes sense.
---
#28WARRlORPosted 5/19/2013 12:27:49 AM
HaloODSTD posted...
COG_Killa posted...
I still don't see the point of coming here and making topics that will make people hate you. How can you ever get satisfied by that? Can't you just make nice, play with some of the regs, and have a good time having fun with other people? That's would be so much better.

I played with Sloppy before way wayyyy baack in Halo Reach (I doubt he remembers me, I think it was for 1-3 games) he was a good sport, but these other kids are terribleeeee sports. god awful humor. loud. obnoxious. complainers.

Flagstravaganza, I remember.
---
The world's first Action Sack 50 (and obvious G.O.A.T)
GT: yPPoLs
#29DvoloS88Posted 5/19/2013 4:56:15 AM
The update added a cut off for time limit, you cant join a game over half way done but score limit remains untouched. I joined a slayer game other day on a losing team, enemy team needed ten kills.
---
I troll the trolls...
#30lderivedxPosted 5/19/2013 5:01:48 AM
You guys really take this entirely too seriously.
---
0.999... = 1. Deal with it. If you disagree, I'm happy to show you why you're wrong.
GT: i derive dx