Worth my time to start the series from the beginning?

#1MoganPosted 5/26/2013 9:36:08 AM
I've played Halo 1 through ODST, but largely just the splitscreen multiplayer and the co-op, and I never payed a lick of attention to the story. I got Halo 4 the other day for cheap, started it up, and realized I didn't really know what was going on or why, and felt like going back and checking out the whole series to see if the story hooks me.

Do you guys think it's worth a single player play through of the whole series in order to get the full story, or is Halo's story unimportant enough that the little "Previously on Halo" terminal near the start of 4 is all I'll really need? And if I play thing, should I start with Reach or Halo 1? Also, is the Anniversary Edition of Halo 1 worth the ~$30 Gamestop wants for it when I've got the original version sitting around here somewhere?
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"
#2xoAxeloxPosted 5/26/2013 9:40:02 AM
halos story is nothing special but i guess it could be worth it if you have the free time and willingness to go through all of it.
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#3SunDevil77Posted 5/26/2013 2:33:02 PM
Absolutely.
---
Hamburgers. The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast.
#4ALostGrenadePosted 5/26/2013 3:24:51 PM
Ya
---
"People die when they are killed."
GT: A Lost Grenade
#5COG_KillaPosted 5/26/2013 9:02:21 PM
i would do it just to experience the amazing way the music fits with the gameplay. I ****ing love marty.
---
Official Founder of the Unofficial Iderivedx Fanclub
#6briman112Posted 5/26/2013 9:11:32 PM
Yes it's worth it.
---
Main GT: COB Bri Man112
Secondary GT: McDonkle
#7kirby145Posted 5/26/2013 9:16:48 PM
If anything you should watch all the cut scenes of Halo Wars, and the Spartan Ops cutscenes. They are amazing.

Halo ODST has a pretty decent legendary playthrough in my opinion. However, you will need to get a squad together for the firefight achievements. Firefight is a blast, but you NEED a squad to enjoy it and get the achievements.

For that: http://www.trueachievements.com/gamingsessions.aspx
#8Mogan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2013 6:46:31 AM
Got Reach and Anniversary edition. Started with Reach and beat it yesterday. Not looking to play these on Legendary, and don't care about achievements, just Normal to get through and see the whole story from start to finish.
---
#9Mogan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/29/2013 11:31:39 PM
Man. I forgot how bad Halo (the first game) goes to **** towards the end. Think I'll just watch those terminal videos on youtube and move on.
---