Make it simple again

#11sephiroth0000Posted 6/1/2013 10:01:59 PM
I really think they would have made a killing if they had released a "halo 2" and "halo 3" map pack. (halo 1 also had good maps of course, it's just 2 had the most beloved i feel on account of being the first xbl mp halo). That ship has probably sailed by now, though. To make a killing on it, I mean.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC - 1722-1182-0691
XBL GT - Angry Tough Guy
#12That1GuyyPosted 6/3/2013 12:19:45 AM
Give me your opinions you lamers.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#13Wookie_Is_BackPosted 6/3/2013 1:24:11 AM
That1Guyy posted...
The perfect Halo would have Reach

Stopped reading there. No wonder you know nothing about Halo.
#14That1GuyyPosted 6/3/2013 1:40:42 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Stopped reading there. No wonder you know nothing about Halo.

My apologies, I didn't mean you.
---
#15Bigtymer113Posted 6/3/2013 1:48:16 AM
The perfect Halo would have Reach with MLG settings as its core.
-Improve grenade physics for better bounces and less random frag sticks to solid objects.

h3 nades in my opinion were perfect. depending on the sandbox maybe the range can be increased slightly.

-Get rid of the Needle Rifle and replace it with a Carbine that kills faster than the DMR.
-Weaken the Magnum.
-Strengthen the Needler to match Halo 4's.
-Strengthen the Focus Rifle and Concussion Rifle.
-Bring back the Mauler

would have to see how these would play in game

-Reduce the weapon switch time on the Plasma Pistol

dont know if i would agree with this. noob combo would be more powerful. or switching to PP+beatdown would be easier.

-Introduce a railgun with less spash damage and a projectile with a narrower hit box.

I like the railgun the way it is. The charge time makes it so it takes time to master and has its caveats, but can still remain a good power weapon with its splash damage.

-Halo 2 and 3 quality maps.

yes

-Team radar always on.

disagree! no radar at all meant communication was a MUST. There should be normal radar gametypes however though.

-(Armor Abilities and Equipment section)

I don't think it would be such (if this is what im reading to be correct) a good idea to have both armor abilities and equipment, unless you are combining the two and making them both individual pickups. I dont think Halo should have AAs or Equipment in general...but I liked MLG reach with sprint as an AA. It wasnt bad. Nor game breaking. I hope they get rid of promethean vision. The Sonar idea was a good replacement for it.

Agreed with OV and Camo.

Also one thing no one ever talks about: HITMARKERS! Get rid of these!!! Or at least give an option to turn them off. Definitely changes the decisions one makes.
---
Nothing is overpowered in a single-player game. -gunsndroses
GT: Swizzy Dangles
#16That1GuyyPosted 6/3/2013 4:03:08 PM
Bigtymer113 posted...
dont know if i would agree with this. noob combo would be more powerful. or switching to PP+beatdown would be easier.

In default gametypes, I saw PP beatdowns get used a lot, but in MLG no one ever used it. To me, it seemed like the increased range of the DMR made using the PP more dangerous of a choice in the event the other guy ended up being too far away. By the time you switched back to your DMR the other guy already dropped your shield and you were on equal footing again.

I like the railgun the way it is. The charge time makes it so it takes time to master and has its caveats, but can still remain a good power weapon with its splash damage.

My biggest problem with it in 4 is the aim assist seems too much. Hitting people with it when your crosshair isn't even on them seems like too much when it's a one shot kill you're talking about.

disagree! no radar at all meant communication was a MUST. There should be normal radar gametypes however though.

Playing Counter-Strike (which has team radar) has convinced me that the communication aspect will not be hindered at all. The only thing team radar does is help teams without communication still have some form of coherence, but a communicating team still has a massive advantage.

I don't think it would be such (if this is what im reading to be correct) a good idea to have both armor abilities and equipment, unless you are combining the two and making them both individual pickups. I dont think Halo should have AAs or Equipment in general...but I liked MLG reach with sprint as an AA. It wasnt bad. Nor game breaking. I hope they get rid of promethean vision. The Sonar idea was a good replacement for it.

Both would occupy the same "inventory" slot. The only real difference is armor abilities are reusable while equipment isn't. Just like how a map doesn't need every weapon on it, a map doesn't need every equipment or armor ability on it.

Also one thing no one ever talks about: HITMARKERS! Get rid of these!!! Or at least give an option to turn them off. Definitely changes the decisions one makes.

No opinion on them, myself.
---