Potential Player Asking Questions - Leveling Up?

#1supersonic9123Posted 6/6/2013 5:45:31 PM
Hey, how exactly do you level up online in this game (i.e. increase your rank)? How many points are kills and such worth, etc.?
#2MrFish86Posted 6/6/2013 6:04:39 PM
the amount of points you get from your personal performance in this game is minimal. The XP payout system is largely based upon how long the game lasted and whether or not you were playing Spartan Ops online. If you're just looking to rank up, spend about 10-13 minutes in an online spartan ops game to rack up about 8k XP or so. Matchmaking games, and solo spartan ops will land you around 2-3k XP. So don't worry about doing well in a match, you'll basically get the same XP anyway. It's a dumb system, but that's how it is.
#3lderivedxPosted 6/6/2013 6:05:36 PM
Points for trying!
---
Also, we've already established that your amazing high skill 37 firmly establishes you as bad at Halo. - The Beanster
GT: i derive dx
#4COG_KillaPosted 6/6/2013 6:34:15 PM
Points for doing terrible, points for running around, points living, points for dying, points for quitting, points for not doing anything at all.

Lots and lots of points.
---
Official Founder of the Unofficial Iderivedx Fanclub
#5supersonic9123(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2013 6:07:14 AM
So, you don't get a certain number of XP for killing another player, etc. like in COD or BF or basically every other FPS on the market?
#6lderivedxPosted 6/7/2013 6:22:03 AM
So, you don't get a certain number of XP for killing another player, etc. like in COD or BF or basically every other FPS on the market?

This was answered in the first sentence of the first response:

the amount of points you get from your personal performance in this game is minimal

---
what do you expect from a gun (DMR) that has a krazy-straw for a barrel? - irishman5705
GT: i derive dx
#7Spoke_WreckerPosted 6/7/2013 7:44:18 AM
I put my boy down in front of spartan ops. For 6 years old, he's fairly decent. Most of the time he's making the 10< kills, but sometimes he surprises me and gets 50 or so kills. He's leveled my spartan up to 130 from 114 himself. 2 weeks.
---
There's two types of people in this world without beards. Women and Children. I'm a man Ok? I have a beard!
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ GT: SPIDUX
#8RasafarianPosted 6/7/2013 7:57:34 AM
Spoke_Wrecker posted...
I put my boy down in front of spartan ops. For 6 years old, he's fairly decent. Most of the time he's making the 10< kills, but sometimes he surprises me and gets 50 or so kills. He's leveled my spartan up to 130 from 114 himself. 2 weeks.

Is he too young to be labelled a tryhard?
---
He may be an idiot, but at least he hasn't forgotten his kung-fu...
GT: Scarlettbaby