If you could change the ending to Halo 4 in one way, how would you?

#11plincoln21Posted 6/10/2013 3:18:01 PM
reunite with Kelly Fred and Linda
---
Talk to me Goose
#12metroidman92Posted 6/10/2013 6:34:54 PM
SterlingFox posted...
DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiC posted...
SterlingFox posted...
I'd have made the Didact into an actual fight, gotten ride of the space magic like Chief surviving a nuke point blank, removed the stupid part with Cortana leaping out of the light bridge and attacking the Didact, made Del Rio not get demoted for no reason, made Lasky a more realistic character, and I'd have just generally have removed the bad.

Except Del Rio didn't get demoted for "no reason", he left a -- actually, THE -- war hero behind to face overwhelming odds(though granted, that's like a standard day at work for the Chief) and then ignored a serious threat to Earth because he wouldn't believe what he was told, even when his subordinates were at least willing to listen.

Not his job to follow an insubordinate lower-ranking officer (Who was actually supposed to be in the brig.), and it WAS his job to report back to headquarters and NOT engage the threat as per First Contact protocol set by the UNSC.
He was also the Captain, and therefore he had no obligation to listen, believe, or act upon the wishes and advice of a lower-ranking soldier. I.E Master Chief.

Del Rio was demoted for doing his job and following the UNSC's instructions.

First thing, Chief is not an officer. Master Chief Petty Officer is (I believe) one rank short of Naval Officer rankings.

Secondly, there are larger powers at work in the upper echelons of the UNSC and ONI. Even if he toed the line and did his job as he was supposed to, there are people that have the power to lock him up forever if he didn't fall in line with their plans.

Not to mention, he got people killed by deciding to forgo sending Recon to scout out the Particle Cannons guarding the Gravity Well. He also sent out scouting parties whilst defending the ship when it entered Requiem. If not for Chief, he would have likely lost the ship. He put the UNSC's most advanced starship is jeopardy more than once just to save his own ass. The Infinity is much better off with Lasky at the helm.
---
Xbox One: It's Good to Pay Together.
"I am a banana" -Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
#13RollingconePosted 6/11/2013 8:49:06 AM
That1Guyy posted...
The Chief wakes up in his cryotube. Cortana tells him, "Chief, they found us!"

Chief writes off the entire game as a bad dream and gets rescued. Secret ending scene reveals Halo 3: Part 2, all of Halo 4 gets thrown away.

An amazing new Halo game with fresh mechanics then follows.
---
"I ain't going nowhere old man"
#14iRGushPosted 6/11/2013 11:42:05 AM
i would break masterchiefs legs so he cant sprint in multiplayer
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#15Doofe_2012Posted 6/14/2013 8:42:09 AM
Would have made it so instead of Cortana leaping out of the light and restraining the Didact, the Infinity deploys Commander Palmer into the ship and she grapples with the Didact long enough for Chief to get to the nuke. He stuffs the nuke into the Didact's mouth, arms it, and together Chief and Palmer push the Didact over the edge of the light bridge and the nuke explodes as he enters the swirling fireball of the Composer.

Chief takes off his helmet for the first time seen by us players, and he and Palmer kiss. Suddenly Lasky's voice comes through on the comms, "Hey, get your hands off my woman!" Palmer laughs and goes, "Relax, Tom, he's the reason Earth isn't glassed right now. I think he deserves a little something. Don't worry, it's still your bed I'll be coming back to tonight ;)"

Chief decides that maybe the Spartan-IVs aren't so bad after all if he couldn't have defeated the Didact without Palmer, and so decides to finally retire from UNSC service, taking Cortana to Dr. Halsey and having her refreshed and placed into a robot companion/wife.

The end.
---
Gamertag: ColossusCHD
Currently playing: Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, GRAW2, MW3
#16Urdnot_RuntPosted 6/14/2013 10:15:31 AM
Kind of a nitpick, but when chief detonated the bomb, it should have just cut to black and silent. No explosion sound or anything.

Would have been a lot better the screen start turning white to signify the bomb has exploded while you can still see the bomb in his hands for like a full second.
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#17BlueRunway05Posted 6/14/2013 1:01:46 PM
Add more details of what happened in after Halo 3.
---
Water-It's good for you!-- Hard games are fun... Yes, you, Dark Souls.
#18cougarman21Posted 6/14/2013 3:03:29 PM
Doofe_2012 posted...
Would have made it so instead of Cortana leaping out of the light and restraining the Didact, the Infinity deploys Commander Palmer into the ship and she grapples with the Didact long enough for Chief to get to the nuke. He stuffs the nuke into the Didact's mouth, arms it, and together Chief and Palmer push the Didact over the edge of the light bridge and the nuke explodes as he enters the swirling fireball of the Composer.

Chief takes off his helmet for the first time seen by us players, and he and Palmer kiss. Suddenly Lasky's voice comes through on the comms, "Hey, get your hands off my woman!" Palmer laughs and goes, "Relax, Tom, he's the reason Earth isn't glassed right now. I think he deserves a little something. Don't worry, it's still your bed I'll be coming back to tonight ;)"

Chief decides that maybe the Spartan-IVs aren't so bad after all if he couldn't have defeated the Didact without Palmer, and so decides to finally retire from UNSC service, taking Cortana to Dr. Halsey and having her refreshed and placed into a robot companion/wife.

The end.

my eyes... THEY BLEED
---
XBL: Juice el Savior
Currently Playing: Halo 4, CS:GO, The Walking Dead, and random Fire Emblem GBA Hacks...
#19Doofe_2012Posted 6/15/2013 10:00:13 AM
cougarman21 posted...
Doofe_2012 posted...

The end.

my eyes... THEY BLEED

Hee hee...I like Palmer
---
Gamertag: ColossusCHD
Currently playing: Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, GRAW2, MW3
#20EliteGuard99Posted 6/15/2013 12:33:05 PM(edited)
Master chief wakes up from cryosleep and realizes that it was all a terrible poorly written dream. The wreckage of the ship then accidentally falls into a nearby sun a minute later destroyinf the ship and chief.

Everyone gets fired at 343i but they get jobs at other companies soon after, except the fat hack Frankie O'Connor is forced to live the life of a bum forever.

I just saved the Halo franchise!

Until the reboot on Xbone 2 muhahahahah...
---
Halo 4 was the best Call of Duty. - gunsndroses
Halo 5: even more CoD Edition coming to Xbone!