Was the first level in the campaign supposed to be trolling or something?

#1Halo_ForeverPosted 6/10/2013 3:52:27 AM
Do know how many on this board have even played the campaign, but here goes.

Early in the first level it almost felt like a damn CoD game/modern military shooter (MMS).

- Scripted things, while just sitting in one place.

- Forced QTE climbing ala MMS

- QTE melee fight.

After the Elite I was just wondering "What the **** have they done to Halo?" Then suddenly the entire bullcrap disappears only to appear again

SPOILERS

in the fight against the Didact in the last minutes of gameplay time.

The thing I am wondering is whether they originally planned to make the entire campaign such a QTE/forced approach method-nightmare or if they were just otherwise trying to scare people.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#2DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiCPosted 6/10/2013 4:20:28 AM
I doubt it.

The climbing/QTE stuff in the first level was most likely just to set up tension and do things that the engine isn't really capable of doing.

And vs. The Didact, well, considering how ever other encounter with him went, there's no way you could beat him. Thus, the ending.
---
"It's not about money, it's about sending a message. Everything burns."
#3Faliz18Posted 6/10/2013 7:22:05 AM
Yup, had to throw the Cod/Uncharted fanboys who play games for set pieces a bone.
---
PSN- Faliz XBL-Faliz18
Anticipating Mario Wii U, Zelda Wii U, Elder Scrolls 6, Halo 5, Destiny, Arkham Origins.
#4este914Posted 6/10/2013 7:45:48 AM
hmm.... While it was a notion away from the traditional Halo style I didn't think they did anything wrong.
---
--> [ *este914* ] <--
Myth. Man. Legend.
#5Halo_Forever(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2013 9:07:26 PM
este914 posted...
hmm.... While it was a notion away from the traditional Halo style I didn't think they did anything wrong.

I've always liked Halo for the free approach that it had to combat so in that sense those sections were a cardinal sin for me.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#6That1GuyyPosted 6/10/2013 9:12:25 PM
Yeah 343 doesn't care about traditional gameplay. Wish this series would rest in piece.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#7VegerunksPosted 6/10/2013 9:44:28 PM
este914 posted...

The fight against the Didact was HORRIBLE The FIRST Halo game to not have a boss fight at the end. And before you call it a boss fight, there was nothing "Boss" about that "fight".
---
Xbox 360 GamerTag: HolyKnight22
PSN: CrimsonDivide
#8mrgreen55Posted 6/10/2013 11:01:42 PM
Vegerunks posted...
este914 posted...

The fight against the Didact was HORRIBLE The FIRST Halo game to not have a boss fight at the end. And before you call it a boss fight, there was nothing "Boss" about that "fight".

if you really think that guilty spark was a boss in 1 and 3 then theres something wrong with you
---
The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end.
It matters not who you are... Death awaits you.
#9Demigod_ElessarPosted 6/10/2013 11:18:53 PM
mrgreen55 posted...
Vegerunks posted...
este914 posted...

if you really think that guilty spark was a boss in 1 and 3 then theres something wrong with you

This. Also, ODST and Reach didn't have boss fights...

The only Halo game that had an appropriate final boss was Halo 2, with Tartarus. And while I personally LOVED it, majority of the "community" didn't... still scratching my head on that one, along with the hate for the Arbiter levels.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#10xoAxeloxPosted 6/11/2013 3:25:45 AM
i dont remember which prophet you killed in h2 but that was a boss too
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL