1v1 GameFAQs Tournament II (BRACKETS/ INFO THREAD)

#1MrFish86Posted 6/12/2013 10:21:32 AM
********************************************** GAMEFAQS 1v1 TOURNAMENT II *******************************************

Tournament Start Time:
*Saturday, June 15th, 12:00PM (noon) EST

Game Settings
*1v1 Matches
*AGL v4 settings, with -1 points for a suicide
*Gametype name: GAMEFAQS TOURNAMENT II
*Game Time: 15 Minutes
*Kill Limit: 15
*Fileshare: http://tiny.cc/GFT2Settings

Maps
*Rotation: Sanctuary, Simplex, Rail (or Skyline if both agree)**, Sanctuary, Simplex
*Versions: All maps are adjusted for 1v1s, and are labeled “GFT2”
*Fileshare: http://tiny.cc/GFT2Maps

Tournament Settings
*Double Elimination
*Normal Rounds: Best 2/3 Sets
*Loser’s/ Winner’s/ Grand Finals: Best 3/5 Sets
*Party Chat Optional
*45 Minutes MAXIMUM for each round
*10 Minute Waiting Period***

Prizes
*1st Place: 1600MSP or $20 Amazon gift card AND The Pride of knowing you have just been crowned the BEST Halo 4 1v1 player on GameFAQs!!!
*2nd Place: 800MSP or $10 Amazon gift card
*3rd Place: 400MSP or $5 Amazon gift card
*Lottery: 100MSP (4 winners will be chosen randomly)****

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv Official Start Times vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

WINNER’S BRACKET.............................................................LOSER’S BRACKET

ROUND1: 12:00PM (NOON) EST..........................................XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
ROUND2: 12:45PM EST ……………………………...............ROUND1: 12:45PM EST
ROUND3: 1:30PM EST…………………………………...........ROUND2: 1:30PM EST
ROUND4: 2:15PM EST ………………………………...….......ROUND3: 2:15PM EST
WINNER’S FINALS: 3:00PM EST……………………...…......ROUND4: 3:00PM EST
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX............................…………….……........ROUND5: 3:45PM EST
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX…..…..……………………...……...…......ROUND6: 4:30PM EST
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX….………...…………...…………...…......ROUND7: 5:15PM EST
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX….…………...……………......................LOSER’S FINALS: 6:00PM EST

****************************GRAND FINALS: 6:45PM EST************************
#2MrFish86(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 10:21:59 AM
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvFIRST ROUND OPPONENTSvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

A) Yoshi Eats……………………......vs………………….Brinner4Dinner
B) Start Something………………....vs………………….CARNLV0RE
C) Sanzaru……………………..........vs……………….….silentdra60n
D) SniperAsasinOne.………..…......vs……………….…Jesse I3aker
E) Swizzy Dangles…………............vs……………....….True Scorn
F) Ayy Scooby…………...................vs………………….Jaidabecca
G) RAGEface14…………………......vs……………….….ChaosisAPro
H) Um SnEaKy ………………….......vs……………….....yPPoLs
I) vBlite….…………..........................vs………………….AJM Ruler
J) SL Tops10 ………………….…....vs…………………..Mr Fish 68
K) Packspace………………….........vs…………………..ssj3blade
L) Packzak Attack……..............…..vs…………………..bale elab bale
M) B5Dog ……………….................vs…………………...L337 Muffen
N) AxeeeeeeeeL………............…...vs…………………..MrBalloonHandss
O) Seeemorebutss………………....vs…………………..ffmasterjose
P) Spidux…………………........…....vs…………………..ELITESTTTTTTTTT

*********ALL MATCH UPS WILL BE FOUND ON THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE!........*********

(OFFICIAL BRACKETS>>>>>>) http://challonge.com/GFT2 (<<<<<<OFFICIAL BRACKETS)

*REPORTING MATCHES*

After each round is completed, notify me of who won the game and include the wins and losses of that relevant match. So for example, you could say "vBlite won 2-1" or "I lost 2-1" or whatever. Just please message me some way (Please say your gamertag if you plan to post results on GameFAQs, since a lot of your gamertags are different from your message board names (the easier you can make it for me, the better!). I prefer xbox Live, but I'll be checking these boards as well. Also when sending in match results.... NO VOICE MESSAGES!!! Voice messages can easily get messed up, so definitely avoid them, and send text based messages instead.

Once I receive your message, I will then adjust the brackets as soon as I possibly can, and you will be able to see who your next opponent is. Just remember that the official start times are listed above, and your next opponent will be listed on the bracket before the start time. If you finish early, don't necessarily expect to see your new opponent right away. If you’re feeling antsy, go ahead and send a message to your next potential opponents, if you wish to take the matter into your own hands. Doing this is perfectly acceptable with me.

Since as of this post, the official brackets have been posted, everyone can play their matches starting right now, should you choose to do so. If you decide to play your game early, just MAKE SURE that your opponent knows that the match you are about to play is in fact about to count in this tournament. If both players agree to start the real match before the official start times, then you are good to go. However, should one of the players not agree to play their match early, they will NOT be penalized for that.

Keep in mind that in a 1v1 someone will pull host, someone will not. Host obviously has the advantage, but this is unavoidable in an online tournament. so don't be butthurt over something like that, it's just how thing's go.
#3MrFish86(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 10:24:31 AM
TL;DR FAQs:

Q: I don’t want to wake up early, can I play my match before the official start times?
A: Absolutely! As long as you know who your opponent is, you can play as soon as you both see fit!

**Q: Round 3 is labeled as “Rail (or Skyline if both agree),” What does that mean?
A: This means that if both players do not like the map Rail, and want to get some DLC map pack action in, then it is completely fine to play on Skyline GFT2. If both players don't agree, then Rail GFT2 has been decided to be the default map.

***Q: My opponent is taking forever! How long do I have to wait?
A: If your opponent does not show up 10 minutes past an official round start time, it is a forfeit for them, and you advance in the brackets.

****Q: What do you mean by Lottery?
A: Everyone from 4th place and below that shows up to all of their matches, will have their names thrown into a hat, and the 4 names I pull out will be PM’d 100MSP.

Q: This thing is going to last from noon until 7:30PM?!? WHAT THE HELL??
A: The tournament will most likely end a lot sooner than that. The times posted are more or less a worst-case scenario where every match of every round is played at maximum 15 minutes each. So basically the times posted are the times at which the games MUST be played by, but to be honest, most will be played and finished much sooner than what is listed.

Q: Your maps are stupid; can we just play our own maps?
A: No. Playing maps outside of what is provided from my fileshare labeled as “GFT2” will result in a forfeit.

Q: I am going to win this thing! When and how will I get my prize?
A: Prizes will be sent to you through a private message on these boards. Just let me know if you would like to take the Microsoft Points, or the Amazon gift card. Once I know which you would like, I will PM you back with the codes as soon as Bing sends them to me (takes about 24 hours usually). Also, since the prizes are from Bing.com; if you win 1st place you will receive 4 codes worth 800MSP or $5 towards Amazon.com depending on what you choose.

Q: If I lag out during a game, can we replay it?
A: Should you lag out, just replay the match, but continue where you left of. i.e. if your game was 8 to 5 when the lag out happened, then you keep those scores, and end it when you would have reached 15.

Q: What happens in the case of a tie game?
A: Should a tie game occur, then start up another game on the same map, and first to 5 kills wins.

Any other questions you guys have, let me know, and I’ll answer them for you! Just please remember this is an online tournament, so lag will most definitely be an issue between certain players. These things happen, and cannot be avoided in an online environment. If you’re getting extreme lag on your end, while your opponent is pulling host, there is nothing that can be done. Just do your best, and tough it out! This is just for fun, so try not to stress to much over it.

Other than that, just HAVE FUN! We came together as a community, and found 32 members to participate in this! Be nice, have fun, and GOOD LUCK!!!!
#4jesse_skaterPosted 6/12/2013 10:26:45 AM
vblite vs AJM ruler round 1 lmfao
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH-8y2YwsLU
Halo 4 Gameplay GT: Jesse I3aker
#5jesse_skaterPosted 6/12/2013 10:31:48 AM
ill let you know tomorrow if i will be able to play in the tournament if that still isnt to late
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH-8y2YwsLU
Halo 4 Gameplay GT: Jesse I3aker
#6ODommPosted 6/12/2013 10:49:18 AM
Ok, so I would have to do my first round game Friday during the day, then on Saturday I umpire at 12 and 2 CST
Meaning, if I advanced, I wouldn't be able to play my 2nd round game until 4 CST :\
#7JaidabeccaPosted 6/12/2013 11:07:30 AM
What the hell is this? Putting me against Scooby? I know I'm not going to win but I at least was hoping to have a small chance of advancing to the 2nd round.
---
RE4, REmake, HALO 1 & 3, & other videos here v
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jaidabecca
#8MrFish86(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 11:08:42 AM
There is an issue with Round L) Packzak Attack vs bale elab bale... Basically Bale's opponent's gametag does not exist. So if you are reading this, and you gave me the name "Packzak Attack" then you have just a couple of hours to reply to me with your real GT. If I don't recieve that gamertag in time, I will replace this player with someone on the waiting list. Sorry for the inconvenience, Bale.

ODomm posted...
Ok, so I would have to do my first round game Friday during the day, then on Saturday I umpire at 12 and 2 CST
Meaning, if I advanced, I wouldn't be able to play my 2nd round game until 4 CST :\

Definitely try to play your games early. Maybe even try to play your games today and tomorrow. If this becomes an issue, I can put someone else in your spot. So, do your best to contact Axel, and ask for an early game ASAP!
#9RAGEface14Posted 6/12/2013 11:09:14 AM
Let me do some predictions:
-Yoshi's gonna stomp Brinner. No doubt.
-Next two people in the bracket are randoms, so no one cares
-Sanzaru will beat SilentDra6on, even if he's intimidated by that name.
-I'm sure sniperassassinone will beat jesse 15-0 just based on his name
-Swizzy will send True Scorn's ass back to Canada.
-Scooby will beat Jaidabecca, but Jaidabecca will be all friendly and make Scooby feel guilty.
-Don't know who ChaosIsAPro is, so I'll assume he's bad. I win.
-Sloppy
-Blite
-Fish
-fantastica wins and says a funny british slang word
-Bale, after beating paczack and sheridan
-Bdog wins, and then trash-talks, but no one hears him through his ghetto-ass mic
-Axel
-seemorebutts wins because ffmasterjose dies laughing at his name
-elitest because spidux is busy sellin' dank-ass green

That's how round 1 will go. You heard it from me.
---
RAGEface14
No one's gotten a handjob in cargo shorts since 'Nam
#10Killean_NuggetsPosted 6/12/2013 11:10:13 AM
Paczak attack
---
vBlite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvMkGxYb29c