1v1 GameFAQs Tournament II (FINAL RESULTS)

#1MrFish86Posted 6/24/2013 7:27:49 PM
Results
The Halo 4 1v1 GameFAQs Tournament is all over! Thank you very much to everyone that showed up and participated! Below are the final standingsÖ

1st place: Yoshi eats *CHAMPION*
2nd place: ROB THE TURTLE
3rd place: packspace
4th place: Ayy Scooby
5th place tie: yPPoLs/ B5Dog
7th place tie: Jesse I3aker/ L337 Muffen
9th place tie: Mr Fish 68/ Jaidabecca/ vBlite/ Seeemorebutss
13th place tie: ChaosIsAPro/ SL Tops10/ Paczak Attack/ ELITESTTTTTTTTT
17th place tie: Start Something/ Sanzaru/ Rhino 9O8/ Swizzy Dangles/ RAGEface14/ Brinner4Dinner/ MrBaIIoonHandss/ ffmasterjose
25th place tie: CARNLV0RE/ SniperAsasinOne/ True Scorn/ um SnEaKy/ AJM Ruler/ Finalfantastica/ BeastOfTheDark/ Spidux

CONGRATULATIONS TO Yoshi Eats!!!!!!!!! You are now the champion 1v1 player of Halo 4 on the GameFAQs Message Boards! Well done!

Top Three Prizes
To the top three players, please let me know what you would like for your prize (Iíll also send the same message to you on XBL in case you donít check the boards too often). Prize choices...

1st Place: 1600MSP OR a $20 Amazon Gift Card
2nd Place: 800MSP OR a $10 Amazon Gift Card
3rd place: 400MSP OR a $5 Amazon Gift Card

Also please note that since Iím using Bing.com for the prizes, it takes about 12-24 hours for the codes to be sent to me. So the sooner that you let me know which prize you want, the sooner Iíll send you those codes!

Lottery Winners
(Please note that in order to win 100MSP, you had to place no higher than 4th place, and you also had to show up to every game). To pick the winners, I wrote the eligible players down on pieces of papers, folded them up into tiny squares, put them in a box, and I shook the box until four names popped out. I can't make it much more random than that. Anyway, here are the four winners of this tournamentís 100MSP lottery!

1) Jaidabecca
2) Paczak Attack
3) B5Dog
4) Seeemorebutss

All four of you were sent an XBL message that contained the 100MSP codes. If you accidentally deleted the codes, didnít see it, or whatever, let me know and Iíll send the code to you again!

Closing Statements
So now that this tournament is all said and done, I feel that this tournament did not go all too well, and most definitely has room for improvement. The rules seemingly went all to hell (especially with the last few matches x.x!). I will definitely be clearer on the preexisting rules, and even write some new ones that hadnít occurred to me before running this tournament.

In terms of getting people to show up, I think this is largely due to the format of this tournament being held in one day. Despite the 1 month+ of time, the allure of prizes, and constant reminders to people on the boards and XBL, people still backed out like crazy/ didnít show up at all. No worries though! Next time I run a tournament for you guys, I will have a much better set up, and it will also most likely (no 100% promises) be a doubles tournament with some very nice prizes! Iíll also be sure to do a better job of hyping up the tournament through better more eye-catching means. Most importantly though, I will absolutely make sure the next tournament will be set up with an internet friendly formant in mind.

So although this tournament had its highs and lows, it is OVER! Congratulations again to the winners, and thank you to those that showed up to your games! Next time this will run much MUCH smoother, it'll be more enjoyable, and it will be much more accessible to a larger group of players.
#2MrFish86(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 7:28:17 PM
p.s.
If anyone that participated in this tournament would like a Halo 4 Master Chief Avatar Armor code, send me a message via XBL or send me a PM. I have both the male and female codes available. Hopefully these codes are still good; I found the card under my file cabinet.

Hope you guys did have fun with this though!
#3yoshiisbackPosted 6/24/2013 7:31:27 PM
The rule that caused hell at the end was "if you lag out, continue the game as with the score when the game ended", so that will need to be addressed for the next one, but still a great tourney.
---
GT: Yoshi eats
#4bd0g5Posted 6/24/2013 7:41:36 PM
<3 thanks for running the tourney again

I did better than I thought I was going to do before the tourney started, but could have easily gotten 3rd place. It is online though so I guess I can't complain about the host I had to play on.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#5__balePosted 6/24/2013 8:15:17 PM
good work, sorry i had to back out. just wasnt a good weekend for me.
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#6MrFish86(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 9:51:07 PM
if anyone has any games/ clips that they would like to be capped from the tournament, let me know! I'll even go as far as asking for any 1v1 grudge matches (post tournament) that you think would make for a good upload. I have few games already, but let's see how many we can find!
#7KoolDillPosted 6/25/2013 3:34:06 AM
Thanks for running this man! Not easy to do this stuff. Keep it up! <3
---
I'd sooner have a Schooner :D
#8tranceaddict19Posted 6/25/2013 8:43:07 AM
Good job on the tourney, next time I would like to help fund some of the prizes if possible.
---
3DS FC : 2680-9494-1373
#9ssj3bladePosted 6/25/2013 9:14:55 AM
Will someone upload Rob v Yoshi and any of sloppy/bale/Scooby or other good players games?
---
finalfantastica
#10yoshiisbackPosted 6/25/2013 9:21:40 AM
ssj3blade posted...
Will someone upload Rob v Yoshi and any of sloppy/bale/Scooby or other good players games?

Fish is uploading the three games from the finals from my POV.
---
GT: Yoshi eats