POLL: Which core Halo game had the WORST campaign?

#51Fz_EchoPosted 7/2/2013 6:30:49 PM
Halo 2 imo. Not saying it's bad or anything, it's just not as good as the others. I personally think Halo 3 had the best campaign followed by Halo 4 and CE. I honestly don't understand why the Reach campaign gets so much love.
---
Power is not will; it is the phenomenon of physically making things happen -Madara Uchiha
#52gameslickerPosted 7/2/2013 10:28:52 PM
Jaidabecca posted...
gameslicker posted...
i voted for 4 bc no matter how bad 2's was (honestly, how many initially asked for an arbiter campaign), it was obvious 4's campaign was not even close to 343's top priorities.

my reasons why 4 was super terrible:
(slight spoilers)

shortest number of campaign missions in any core halo game
no real epic stand off moments outside of using the mantis
WORST. FINAL. BOSS. FIGHT. EVER. (in every sense)
more questions than answers raised in this game than any of the others

examples: how long have spartan iv's been around, when and how did the infinity begin construction, why did the covenant bow to the ur-didact, no specific reason as to why lasky helps master chief, how and why lasky took over infinity, why promethean guns have 0 originality, etc

i have tons more i can think off the top of my head but i already bore enough people as is

1. Spartan IV's have been around since I believe shortly after the Human-Covenant War.

2. Same as #1 I believe.

3. Because they still believe in the Great Journey & view Forerunners as gods.

4. Lasky owed Chief for saving his life back around the time the Human-Covenant War. It was shown in the mini series Forward Unto Dawn.

5. Possibly just speculation but Lasky is put in command of the Infinity due to Del Rio abandoning Chief on Requiem & ignoring the threat that the Didact posed to humanity.

1/2: its only four years between 3 and 4. i find it very hard to believe that humanity had the manpower, resources, and knowledge within that time to build either especially after fighting an over a decade long, intergalactic war with a race of aliens bent on human extinction
3: forgot about that part, you got me there
4: yeah, i knew that and saw it before 4's release but i know plenty of other people who didnt watch forward unto dawn (heck, they didnt even know about it) and were super confused by that. i HATE it when video games require knowledge outside of the games to be understood.
5. that only makes sense if you watched forward unto dawn and knew lasky's prior connection to chief. honestly, what clear evidence did chief show to del rio that the ur-didact was a threat? lasky was going on faith alone. im willing to bet if lasky never met chief before requiem, he would never have mutinied.
#53fiasco86(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 10:30:02 PM
Fz_Echo posted...
Halo 2 imo. Not saying it's bad or anything, it's just not as good as the others. I personally think Halo 3 had the best campaign followed by Halo 4 and CE. I honestly don't understand why the Reach campaign gets so much love.

Because it had characters that spoke and had personalities. It was also a great showing of how desperate the Covenant War really was as opposed to MC's outings of consistent Covenant ownage.
---
Top 100 Games of All Time video countdown
http://goo.gl/onR6Q
#54Doofe_2012Posted 7/7/2013 6:59:21 PM
3 > Reach > 4 > ODST > 1 > 2
---
GT: ColossusCHD, playing Halo 4, ME3, BO2
If you're not a player, then you're gonna get played.
#55peteydayPosted 7/7/2013 10:10:19 PM
Well of these five games, I've only played 3, and I'd say: Reach > 3 = 4
---
lolwut
#56Donuts_R_GoodPosted 7/7/2013 11:42:27 PM
>Halo 2 has the most votes

Wow, all of your opinions stink, people.
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.
#57lderivedxPosted 7/8/2013 3:20:49 AM
Because it had characters that spoke and had personalities.

Personally, I don't consider flat, boring, archetypal characters to have "personality."

It was better with 1-3 when they didn't even bother trying, rather than half-assing it and ending up with horrendously done characters.
---
"I think you must be pissing brain fluid or something, because nothing else would explain you losing your gaming prowess."-RAGEface14
gt: i derive dx
#58GeneralKenobi85Posted 7/8/2013 12:00:07 PM
It's really a toss-up between Halo 4 and Reach. But whatever, I still enjoyed all of them

Baffled by the hate for Halo 2's though. It was the easily the best campaign in my opinion.
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>
#59stoltenberg11Posted 7/8/2013 2:12:01 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#60stoltenberg11Posted 7/8/2013 2:16:58 PM
halo 2 was easily the best. your opinions are all so bad, i bet you all think transformers was good
---
So if death is nothing but a path to be trod,
walk with me and let me introduce you to your god.