Why does the timer not run out in every war games match?

#1The MeatmanPosted 7/9/2013 5:41:27 AM
You would think due to sprint (Everyone running away and ruining the flow), that there would be very little deaths. And with very little deaths, every game should end with the timer running out.

What's going on?
---
Do you like the taste of meat in your mouth?
#2Johnny_Jon_117Posted 7/9/2013 6:52:33 AM
I think the only time the timer does actually run out is when you're playing CTF and both teams are just guarding the flag and not going for each other's flag. This happened to me at least 8 times now >.<

Otherwise, sprint does make the game more fluid and faster paced and you can get to cover easier. It's an overdue mechanic that should've been in the game since combat evolved imo.
---
Why didn't you DODGE?!?!
Thumps up to anyone that gets this reference!
#3Urdnot_RuntPosted 7/9/2013 7:30:03 AM
I wish someone would post some video of '"flow" being "broken" by Sprint so we can see the exact moment and location of breakage and better understand.

I rink breaking flow is when Sprint lets a player rush in and melee a corner camper too easily and when its harder to hit players who move across their file of vision when camping. Is that breaking flow?
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#4ViktorMaxPosted 7/9/2013 7:40:47 AM(edited)
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...
sprint does make the game more fluid and faster paced and you can get to cover easier. It's an overdue mechanic that should've been in the game since combat evolved imo.

Sprint actually does the opposite - it slows down gameplay and makes it less fluid. It allows you to run away\stay alive instead of dying from your mistakes.

Increasing base movement speed and eliminating sprint is what makes the game more fluid and faster paced.
---
They Call Me Freek.
#5Johnny_Jon_117Posted 7/9/2013 7:55:00 AM
ViktorMax posted...
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...
sprint does make the game more fluid and faster paced and you can get to cover easier. It's an overdue mechanic that should've been in the game since combat evolved imo.

Sprint actually does the opposite - it slows down gameplay and makes it less fluid. It allows you to run away\stay alive instead of dying from your mistakes.

Increasing base movement speed and eliminating sprint is what makes the game more fluid and faster paced.

It really depends on what game type it is. Almost everybody is sprinting to kill each other in infinity slayer or big team skirmish (at least from my experience they do).
---
Why didn't you DODGE?!?!
#6The Meatman(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 8:07:35 AM
ViktorMax posted...
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...

Wrong. if that were the case, every game would end with the timer running out. After all, based on your statement, people can just run away to stay alive. Therefore, no one would ever die or hardly ever die.
---
Do you like the taste of meat in your mouth?
#7ViktorMaxPosted 7/9/2013 8:13:08 AM
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...
It really depends on what game type it is. Almost everybody is sprinting to kill each other in infinity slayer or big team skirmish (at least from my experience they do).

Yea, I'd have to agree that it can help in those modes, especially with vehicles.

I'd also say it is fair to have it in swat, because one can be punished immediately for sprinting.
---
They Call Me Freek.
#8ViktorMaxPosted 7/9/2013 8:18:19 AM(edited)
The Meatman posted...
ViktorMax posted...
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...

Wrong. if that were the case, every game would end with the timer running out. After all, based on your statement, people can just run away to stay alive. Therefore, no one would ever die or hardly ever die.

Eliminating sprint would increase the game flow and allow for better gameplay. People would actually die more often since they cannot be saved by sprinting.

Increased movement speed with no sprint = More people dying = Quicker slayer matches and more flag caps
---
They Call Me Freek.
#9lderivedxPosted 7/9/2013 8:32:55 AM
itt: if it slows the game down at all, it must cause the game to go to time
---
#1 Deriver on H4GB
GT: i derive dx
#10Johnny_Jon_117Posted 7/9/2013 8:40:28 AM
ViktorMax posted...
The Meatman posted...
ViktorMax posted...
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...

Eliminating sprint would increase the game flow and allow for better gameplay. People would actually die more often since they cannot be saved by sprinting.

Increased movement speed with no sprint = More people dying = Quicker slayer matches and more flag caps

I don't know, with the way objective game types are done in this game it might be even slower with out sprint then with it. Plus wouldn't increased movement speed just be sprint without the sprinting animation cause it's essentially the same thing?
---
Why didn't you DODGE?!?!