Legendary slayer announced

#1elitewarrior500Posted 7/11/2013 3:15:41 AM
They have finally announced the settings and launch date for Legendary Slayer! For those who haven't seen it yet, these are the settings. It launches this Monday, July 15.

Quote:

4 vs. 4 Slayer
Default starting weapon (Assault Rifle)
No armor abilities
Motion Tracker enabled
All weapons and grenades located on map (no initial, random or personal ordnance)

The singular loadout is:
Starting weapon: Assault Rifle
Secondary weapon: None
Armor ability: None
Grenades: Frag x2
Support upgrade: Explosives
Tactical package: Resupply

The maps, which are being made specifically for this playlist, will be:
Haven
Solace
Adrift
Abandon
Landfall
Monolith
Skyline
Shutout
-----

well personally i think you should also have a magnum for a secondary but thats just me
---
GT: LegendaryFalco
Man they got that BK dino host - Be Kay Elite
#2MrFish86Posted 7/11/2013 4:15:50 AM
No armor abilities or personal ordinance is nice and all, but the way that 343i hyped this up, led me to believe this playlist would be something that could not be achieved through altering the normal everyday custom games options. In my head when I heard about Legendary Slayer, I was hoping for a playlist that did away with personal ordinance and armor abilities (which this playlist will do), and also remove sprinting from the game.

They have been working on this playlist since before PAX East, and are just debuting it on this upcoming Monday. With all that time, I thought that the reason it would take so long is because they were creating new forge maps to specifically work with the no sprint functionality. That I would understand in terms of taking so long, but just flipping a few switches? How the hell did it take them so long to churn this playlist out? Even for 343i, that is some slow work.
#3elitewarrior500(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 4:57:33 AM(edited)
MrFish86 posted...
No armor abilities or personal ordinance is nice and all, but the way that 343i hyped this up, led me to believe this playlist would be something that could not be achieved through altering the normal everyday custom games options. In my head when I heard about Legendary Slayer, I was hoping for a playlist that did away with personal ordinance and armor abilities (which this playlist will do), and also remove sprinting from the game.

They have been working on this playlist since before PAX East, and are just debuting it on this upcoming Monday. With all that time, I thought that the reason it would take so long is because they were creating new forge maps to specifically work with the no sprint functionality. That I would understand in terms of taking so long, but just flipping a few switches? How the hell did it take them so long to churn this playlist out? Even for 343i, that is some slow work.

yea seriously at least no sprint would have been nice. maybe forge remade maps like guardian, midship (instead of onyx), narrows.. hell even beaver creek ya know stuff like that
---
#4WARRlORPosted 7/11/2013 5:01:01 AM
ar starts lolloolololoolllolol
---
dvolos' moms favorite player
GT: yPPoLs
#5elitewarrior500(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 5:06:43 AM
well i didnt see it anywhere else so i will just throw this in

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/07/10/The-Halo-Bulletin-71013.aspx#continue
---
#6lord_wazooPosted 7/11/2013 6:34:43 AM
WARRlOR posted...
ar starts lolloolololoolllolol

^
---
Scutchyy
#7Faliz18Posted 7/11/2013 9:10:08 AM
Wonder if there will be BR start variants like in 3 or DMR in reach
---
PSN- Faliz XBL-Faliz18
Anticipating Halo 5, Zelda Wii U, Elder Scrolls VI, Destiny, Dark Souls II
#8briman112Posted 7/11/2013 12:29:11 PM
elitewarrior500 posted...
well i didnt see it anywhere else so i will just throw this in

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/07/10/The-Halo-Bulletin-71013.aspx#continue

I like the look of the remake of The Pit from Halo 3... and adding in some dynamic elements to maps (depleting shields on Vertigo) is kinda nice as well. I guess the Champions bundle is the new DLC pass.
---
Main GT: COB Bri Man112
Secondary GT: McDonkle
#9metroidman92Posted 7/11/2013 12:37:14 PM
Sounds intriguing.
---
Xbox One: It's Good to Pay Together.
Politics... how tiresome.
#10ssj3bladePosted 7/11/2013 1:09:32 PM
Adding dynamic interactives to maps is the worst concept ever.
---
finalfantastica