So, can somebody give me some multiplayer tips for a total Halo new guy?

#11Faliz18Posted 7/13/2013 12:18:42 PM
I really am surprised there's no "leoluleoleulolololeu" or "Sure add me GT: vBlite".

Don't use the AR. When I first started this game I sucked (Still not very good but eh) with my AR Jetpack combo.

Also, Bumper Jumper is a good control set up unless you want to use the jet pack.
---
PSN- Faliz XBL-Faliz18
Anticipating Halo 5, Zelda Wii U, Elder Scrolls VI, Destiny, Dark Souls II
#12Dville_WeezyPosted 7/13/2013 4:39:36 PM
Even with randoms, try to stick together with at least one person- you want to at least put shots into everything you see, even if you can't get that kill- the other team will be doing the same thing and you'll get squashed in no time if you're solo. If you're going to use automatics, do so with a firepower loadout, and make sure you get the jump on someone. Just like every game since H2, rifles do everything, including close range unfortunately. Find an AA that suits your gameplay the best and stick with it.
#13Bigtymer113Posted 7/13/2013 8:21:52 PM
dont listen to bale and your play will improve tenfold
---
Nothing is overpowered in a single-player game. -gunsndroses
GT: Swizzy Dangles
#14Urdnot_RuntPosted 7/13/2013 8:33:32 PM
Not sure why people are saying that advice won't help you as a fresh beginner because there are lot of things you should know that will help you right now, here's some basic things:

Headshots don't count for more damage until the shield is down. When you hit the shield, the same damage is inflicted regardless of where you hit. The exceptions are the sniper and beam rifles which kill a player with full shields in 1 Headshot or 2 body shots.

- the br kills in 4 shots. If all the rounds in the 3-round burst hit hit, 3 shots drop the shield, the 4th kills if you hit the head

-DMR kills in 5 shots and has farther zoom. So 4 shots+1 Headshot

-Covenant Carbine kills in 8 shots

-magnum pistol kills in 7 shots

-if you hold the trigger down and charge the plasma pistol, the charged shot it will down a player's shields and will disable a vehicle for a few seconds

-1 melee drops the shield, 2 melee kills. If you melee from the back it kills in 1 hit

-moving slowly or while crouched makes you not appear on radar
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#15Faliz18Posted 7/13/2013 8:54:04 PM
Carbine is actually 7SK and the Magnum is 6.
---
PSN- Faliz XBL-Faliz18
Anticipating Halo 5, Zelda Wii U, Elder Scrolls VI, Destiny, Dark Souls II
#16lderivedxPosted 7/13/2013 10:43:37 PM
there is literally nothing you can do at all except play more. you have to get an intuitive feel for the game, you must understand the physics, the weapons, the controls, the maps, the ****ing joysticks so you can aim. you must know these things somewhat well before you can begin to ask questions like 'how can i get better'? if someone comes up to you and says 'ive played like one game of chess when i was 7, i'd like to learn to play chess now, can someone give me some tips to make me play better?' no, i cannot, you do not know that the big tall piece is the queen, i cannot give you effective opening start strategies at the moment. as they say, you gotta crawl before you can walk, and brah you barely even have legs

Honestly, this is probably the best advice itt.

Eventually everyone else's will be good as well but the most important thing for you TC is to get used to the game. Once you can play and understand the basics without having to think, you can start focusing on being a better team player/positioning/etc.
---
Also, we've already established that your amazing high skill 37 firmly establishes you as bad at Halo. - The Beanster
GT: i derive dx
#17El_Gato_Muerto0Posted 7/14/2013 8:46:33 AM
Urdnot_Runt posted...
- the br kills in 4 shots. If all the rounds in the 3-round burst hit hit, 3 shots drop the shield, the 4th kills if you hit the head

-DMR kills in 5 shots and has farther zoom. So 4 shots+1 Headshot

Do you know the TTKs after that latest patch? Seems like the BR is better now, except at long range
---
or should all this be disregarded because it was by toie and he sucks???? - HowBoutThatU
#18_H4TR3D_Posted 7/14/2013 9:30:38 AM
Yeah listen to COG_Killa. Learn how to strafe, throw grenades at the right time or when necessary, use scoped weapons like Battle Rifle, DMR, Covenant Carbine and/or LightRifle, sometimes you gotta "camp" like a punk, LOL. I mean, it may be a punk move, but at least it's stragetic. One more thing, just keep playing some Halo 4 and get the feel of it.
---
No matter how much you use those eyes of yours, I'll use my hatred. To turn fantasy into reality! And your reality is death.-Sasuke
#19Dville_WeezyPosted 7/14/2013 9:33:20 AM
_H4TR3D_ posted...
Yeah listen to COG_Killa. Learn how to strafe, throw grenades at the right time or when necessary, use scoped weapons like Battle Rifle, DMR, Covenant Carbine and/or LightRifle, sometimes you gotta "camp" like a punk, LOL. I mean, it may be a punk move, but at least it's stragetic. One more thing, just keep playing some Halo 4 and get the feel of it.

It may be 'punk', but positioning is huge, getting the first shot in with a BR or the jump on someone with an automatic gives you a huge advantage from the start. Patience will get you easy kills at times when the ADD on the other team kicks in even when they know you and teammates are around that corner.