How is the population online these days in Halo 4?

#1hatchetman187Posted 7/13/2013 10:33:55 AM
Was thinking about picking this back up and just wanted to know if it's still thriving.

Also, are any of the map packs worth it?
#2butsizzlePosted 7/13/2013 10:36:33 AM
Pooptastic
---
Poopin' time!
#3bd0g5Posted 7/13/2013 11:04:21 AM
It hovers around 300-400k peak population, depends on the time of day.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#4Faliz18Posted 7/13/2013 11:12:14 AM
This game is dead lol.

And Majestic I'd pretty good. The DLC next month looks cool.
---
PSN- Faliz XBL-Faliz18
Anticipating Halo 5, Zelda Wii U, Elder Scrolls VI, Destiny, Dark Souls II
#5MrFish86Posted 7/13/2013 1:11:56 PM
If you're looking for a good map pack, the only one worth picking up is the Majestic map pack. That is unless you strictly play BTB, in which case no map pack is REALY worth picking up since they don't pop up often. Between the 2 BTB map packs though, Castle is much much better than the Crimson Map pack.

As for the population levels of Halo 4...
http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all

As you can see, the population hovers between 25-35k players online at peak times. The game is still playable, but it is a very unpopular Halo title. There's a FFA tournament coming up with a $500,000 prize purse that's hosted by Virgin Gaming and 343i. The tournament will probably give a tiny boost to the player count for a little while, so there's a chance we'll see the population peaking around 35,000 players fairly often for the next few weeks.

On top of that, there's a mini map pack coming out on August 20th (I could be wrong about the date) that includes 1 new map, and 1 remade map (the pit is now called Pitfall). The standalone map pack will run you 480MSP ($6), or you can pay 800MSP for the maps, and a bunch of weapon skins, armor skins, armor sets (Mark V and ODST are in there), stances, a 2 week preview of a new gametype called Ricochet, and a preview of a new armor mod.

on top of THAT there is an upcoming title update (no real idea of what this will entail) that includes 3 new armor mods (one of which was previewed with the 800MSP pack discussed above).

So that's the update on the current state of affairs with Halo 4. Despite getting a lot of activity from 343i, this game probably won't get higher than 40,000 peak daily players again. Too many people left too early, and most likely will not come back.

TL;DR: Peak population is 25-35k/ day, and will be 35k+ for a short time.
#6hatchetman187(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 1:21:17 PM
MrFish86 posted...
If you're looking for a good map pack, the only one worth picking up is the Majestic map pack. That is unless you strictly play BTB, in which case no map pack is REALY worth picking up since they don't pop up often. Between the 2 BTB map packs though, Castle is much much better than the Crimson Map pack.

As for the population levels of Halo 4...
http://halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all

As you can see, the population hovers between 25-35k players online at peak times. The game is still playable, but it is a very unpopular Halo title. There's a FFA tournament coming up with a $500,000 prize purse that's hosted by Virgin Gaming and 343i. The tournament will probably give a tiny boost to the player count for a little while, so there's a chance we'll see the population peaking around 35,000 players fairly often for the next few weeks.

On top of that, there's a mini map pack coming out on August 20th (I could be wrong about the date) that includes 1 new map, and 1 remade map (the pit is now called Pitfall). The standalone map pack will run you 480MSP ($6), or you can pay 800MSP for the maps, and a bunch of weapon skins, armor skins, armor sets (Mark V and ODST are in there), stances, a 2 week preview of a new gametype called Ricochet, and a preview of a new armor mod.

on top of THAT there is an upcoming title update (no real idea of what this will entail) that includes 3 new armor mods (one of which was previewed with the 800MSP pack discussed above).

So that's the update on the current state of affairs with Halo 4. Despite getting a lot of activity from 343i, this game probably won't get higher than 40,000 peak daily players again. Too many people left too early, and most likely will not come back.

TL;DR: Peak population is 25-35k/ day, and will be 35k+ for a short time.

Wow, that was probably the most helpful response I've ever got on Gamefaqs.

Thank you, will probably pick it up later today.
#7Faliz18Posted 7/13/2013 1:33:18 PM
The game is definately worth playing these days. It's too bad that it didn't launch like this.
---
PSN- Faliz XBL-Faliz18
Anticipating Halo 5, Zelda Wii U, Elder Scrolls VI, Destiny, Dark Souls II
#8jakethenoobPosted 7/13/2013 2:17:26 PM
dad
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#9oJoRdAn23oPosted 7/13/2013 4:01:17 PM
To be honest, they messed up badly which let go of a LOT of people. How ever, they made a lot of changes and the game is enjoyable to play. The population will usually be around 28k, really wish the game had launched this way
#10super600Posted 7/13/2013 6:40:47 PM
In the last week or so the peak hourly population has been anywhere from 35k-36k.This is according to the waypoint population tracker and the in game population tracker.Halo tracker is terrible for tracking this game's population.The tournament will probably boost the daily peak population to 40k.