Finally beat Halo 4's campaign. WALL OF TEXT!

#1BaconPancakesPosted 7/13/2013 9:09:25 PM
My favourite Halo game to this day is without a doubt the original Halo game. I don't care for online when it comes to video games, so the campaign means everything to me when it comes to this franchise. Nostalgia and the consistency of the Combat Evolved's campaign with objectives.

Halo 2 almost became my favourite Halo game, though the cliffhanger ending and the progression of the story sort of turned me away. The third entry of the series...it should have been the ending of Halo 2, though Halo 2 was taking forever to come out so I can understand to an extent. I really disliked Halo 3's campaign. The content was amazing, and it was an enjoyable experience, though I felt that it was just Halo 2's ending.

Reach... I felt like giving up a little when I played it. It felt nothing like a Halo game half of the time, and the sort of story that was set in game could not have been done well in the amount of levels present in the campaign. I enjoyed the content somewhat, though the armour abilities, many of them were gameplay killers. I still think that Reach as a game was quite good.

CE: Anniversary was one of the most amazing things I could have ever got my hands on. I still have my PC version of Halo, though my original X-BOX and my original Halo are both long gone. The graphical updates made me feel as if I were in Heaven. I've played through it once on every difficulty exception being easy.

Halo 4... I was glad that Bungie got rid of Halo and gave somebody else a try. Halo 4 before I realised was the start of a new trilogy had me so intrigued. I never liked duel-wielding all that much other than in Halo 2. Halo 4 suffers in my opinion, it suffers from having too much content for a small amount of campaign levels. I felt like if I came across a specific weapon, I had to get it as I had only seen it once before and I wanted to even it all out.

Certain weapons were used way too many times, there should have been an even balance. I used the Spartan Laser only once throughout the entire campaign! Where was it!? I enjoyed the story, though I felt as if the Promethians weren't all that amazing that they were made out to be when the trailer was first out and 343I was talking about it all. The abilities were also scarce and had no real purpose, either. I kept auto-turret throughout most of the game as the rest felt sort of pointless other than the hologram.

The story involving Cortana was the only good thing about Halo 4 other than some of the objectives throughout the campaign. Everything else felt so boring and dragged on. I still think it's better than Reach, and equal to Halo 2. I think the original Halo is the best Halo game, then 3, then 2/4, and Reach finishing last. I can't wait for Halo 5 and what will be brought in terms of content.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#2Faliz18Posted 7/13/2013 9:19:35 PM
The only thing I don't like about CE is how much they recycled some of the rooms. Those circular ones and the snowy bridges come to mind.
---
PSN- Faliz XBL-Faliz18
Anticipating Halo 5, Zelda Wii U, Elder Scrolls VI, Destiny, Dark Souls II
#3ItsRageFacePosted 7/13/2013 9:26:05 PM
Honestly, that's what I call a cool story bro. Such a riveting
tale, I honestly copy and pasted it to word, saved on my
hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank,
put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave it
there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually
state their age, and ask what it is I'm showing them), when I
will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this
cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool
story should look and sound like...not like the stories your
generation tells.
#4BaconPancakes(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 9:30:36 PM
ItsRageFace posted...
generation tells.

This board needed something to wake it up. Grow up, kiddo.
---
#5ItsRageFacePosted 7/13/2013 9:48:23 PM
BaconPancakes posted...
ItsRageFace posted...
generation tells.

u wot m8
#6MrFish86Posted 7/13/2013 10:06:06 PM(edited)
I really liked Halo 4's story a lot, but the way some portions of the story played out (gameplay wise), really made me cringe. In particular, when they introduced quick time events in the very beginning and the very end of the game. Even though the QTE only popped up twice, it made me shutter to think of what Halo 5 would turn into. Quick time events are the auto tune of the video game world; they're super played out and lame, yet the only people that think they're cool are the people making the product.

The final battle with the Didact was super lackluster, to the point where I felt that 343i must have cut out about 15 minutes of battling just so they could ship the game on time. It's like if you ended up fighting gravemind in Halo 3, but a simple punch to the nose like a shark, causes him to die. The Promethians were also a let down for me as well, since they came off more as a beast than an ancient race that was dormant for a long time.

The overall story of Halo 4 was very entertaining to me though, and that's the most important part for me. Spartan Ops' story on the other hand....... :(

P.S. congrats on beating Halo 4's campaign! I will be REALLY impressed if you say you avoided all spoilers for the campaign.
#7COG_KillaPosted 7/13/2013 10:04:30 PM
BaconPancakes posted...
ItsRageFace posted...
generation tells.

If anything, your story might put this board to sleep.
---
Mr. Fish is pretty damn awesome, but I would never spend a lot of money on him so I could play laser tag.
#8BaconPancakes(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 10:05:57 PM
I've noticed something else as well, why can you carry barely any ammunition for weapons in Halo 4?
---
#9ItsRageFacePosted 7/13/2013 10:42:36 PM
COG_Killa posted...
BaconPancakes posted...
ItsRageFace posted...
generation tells.

If anything, your story might put this board to sleep.

Add me on XBL dog GT: you know it already
#10gameslickerPosted 7/13/2013 10:57:00 PM
based only off of campaigns, i would have to rank them from best to worst:

1 >= reach > odst > 3 > 2 > 4.

1: i can think of plenty of people who were brought into halo simply for the campaign
reach: i personally love teams and ensemble groups. no matter how great 1 person is, an entire group and accomplish so much more.
odst: basically the same as reach except with humans
3: was hoping to get an equal amounts of elites, brutes, and flood
2: didnt like story split between chief and arbiter (no joke, how many people seriously wanted that).
4: way too many questions and inconsistencies from the story line seriously ruined it for me (i can literally make several topics ranting about how bad nearly every aspect was)

by the way TC, do you include firefight when you say multiplayer and if you dont, whats your opinion of it (just a curiosity question)?