Finally beat Halo 4's campaign. WALL OF TEXT!

#11BaconPancakes(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 10:02:04 PM
gameslicker posted...
based only off of campaigns, i would have to rank them from best to worst:

1 >= reach > odst > 3 > 2 > 4.

1: i can think of plenty of people who were brought into halo simply for the campaign
reach: i personally love teams and ensemble groups. no matter how great 1 person is, an entire group and accomplish so much more.
odst: basically the same as reach except with humans
3: was hoping to get an equal amounts of elites, brutes, and flood
2: didnt like story split between chief and arbiter (no joke, how many people seriously wanted that).
4: way too many questions and inconsistencies from the story line seriously ruined it for me (i can literally make several topics ranting about how bad nearly every aspect was)

by the way TC, do you include firefight when you say multiplayer and if you dont, whats your opinion of it (just a curiosity question)?

I do include it. I should have just mentioned the campaign when saying that. I loved firefight. Firefight to me felt like a sort of training simulator and also a place I could go to set goals and achievements for myself.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#12MrFish86Posted 7/13/2013 10:09:08 PM
gameslicker posted...
4: way too many questions and inconsistencies from the story line seriously ruined it for me (i can literally make several topics ranting about how bad nearly every aspect was

Ok, so what questions and inconsistencies from the story line can you list? I'm actually curious as to how much you can list. Don't cop out! List all your gripes and questions!
#13BeekBeekDanPosted 7/13/2013 11:17:23 PM
I think tc is my long lost brother or something. Can't agree more with tc on every aspect of single player ,firefight and spartan ops. But I love multiplayer as well
#14__balePosted 7/13/2013 11:19:45 PM
MrFish86 posted...
gameslicker posted...
4: way too many questions and inconsistencies from the story line seriously ruined it for me (i can literally make several topics ranting about how bad nearly every aspect was

Ok, so what questions and inconsistencies from the story line can you list? I'm actually curious as to how much you can list. Don't cop out! List all your gripes and questions!

get him fish
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#15BaconPancakes(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 11:23:18 PM
BeekBeekDan posted...
I think tc is my long lost brother or something. Can't agree more with tc on every aspect of single player ,firefight and spartan ops. But I love multiplayer as well

I had a brother named Dan. When I was around eight, he passed away at about fifteen months. This is creepy.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#16COG_KillaPosted 7/14/2013 9:40:06 AM
ItsRageFace posted...
Add me on XBL dog GT: you know it already

*duuurp*... is it just rageface?
---
Mr. Fish is pretty damn awesome, but I would never spend a lot of money on him so I could play laser tag.
#17gameslickerPosted 7/14/2013 12:39:46 PM
MrFish86 posted...
gameslicker posted...

some of these might be nitpicking but here you go:
1. cortana says she upgraded chief's firmware. how? we know she can do it but what tools did she have on the forward on the dawn to upgrade it unless she literally rewrote everything line for line?
2. while cortana was rewriting said firmware, how was there still enough energy for her to stay online and do that while keeping chief in stasis? putting and keeping someone in cryogenic freeze takes a lot of power.
3. its been a while since i played all of the campaigns back to back but isnt it just a little too convenient that we now find out that cortana's life span is only 7 years?
4. unsc infinity. when was this built? no way could a 3.5 mile long space vehicle be built and fully functional in 4 years
5. spartan iv's. same thing, no way can they have been built in 4 years time, especially after a decades long war within hostile aliens bent on human extinction.
5.1: if both the infinity and spartan iv's were secretly being built during halo's 1-3, no one suggested to use either against fighting the flood and/or the covenant? i would think in that situation, you would want to use every single resource at your disposal to keep the human race alive.
5.2: introducing spartan iv's in general just defeated the notion of chief being the last, living spartan around (at least to me). if chief dies, whatever. we have plenty of spartan's to go around now for everyone to idolize
5.3: instead of rebuilding earth and other earth colonies, humans instead build a super sized star ship to continue exploring the galaxy? thats exactly what got them in to the war with the covenant in the first place. also, talk about messed up priorities. lets explore space instead of trying to fix the problems we have now like peoples homes destroyed in the war.
6. when we first meet the ur-didact, was the covenant mind controlled to bow to him or did they do that willingly?
7. why does the ur-didact make his judgment of humans within minutes of awakening? was he aware of everything the humans have done since he was imprisoned?
8. if you didnt watch forward unto dawn prior, you too would be equally confused as to why lasky mutineed against del rio. seriously, if lasky never met chief at the academy, lasky would never have sided with him
9. in all honesty, what physical evidence did chief give to del rio that the ur-didact was a threat to humanity? if youre the captain of the biggest human space ship in history, the word of a legendary super soldier and his ai arent enough to sway huge decisions.
10. if cortana could split herself up her personalities, why didnt she just split a copy and leave it somewhere within chief's programming?

i seriously didnt like 4 at all. not just campaign but multiplayer and spartan ops included
#18COG_KillaPosted 7/14/2013 1:30:35 PM
1. How about all the computing power of the dawn? Firmware is updated all the time in the real world
2. This is a good question, actually. I would think that all the fuel was in the back end of the dawn. Maybe it doesn't take as much energy as you think, either.
3. It's in the books, I believe. I know, I know, you shouldn't have to read the books. It's worth noting that rampancy, a key indicator of reaching the end of her lifespan, was apparent in Halo 3.
4. The infinity was known to be in the middle of construction during the human-covie war. The war ended before it was complete.
5. They had 3 previous generations to make up the groundwork for spartan IV's. With the help of AI's, 4 years is not such a small timeframe.
5.1: I read that a small number of Fours were active before the end of the war, but just because we didn't hear about their actions doesn't mean they weren't used.
5.2: Chief is still an invaluable asset/badass. I have no doubt that he could accomplish what many more Fours can not.
5.3: That's politics for you, I guess.
6. They DO worship the forerunners.
7. It's some kind of racism because of what prehistoric space-faring humans did to the forerunners. (Crazy ****, just raises more questions for you, I bet.
8. If he never met the Chief in the first place, Lasky wouldn't even be alive. Forward unto dawn was (and maybe still is) free to watch on the web.
9. Del Rio didn't let chief and his AI sway his decision. He was taken from command because of, again, politics.
10. Because the copies we're all super crazy psycho
---
Official Founder of the Unofficial Iderivedx Fanclub
#19JaidabeccaPosted 7/14/2013 1:31:02 PM
MrFish86 posted...
Quick time events are the auto tune of the video game world; they're super played out and lame, yet the only people that think they're cool are the people making the product.

Not necessarily. Some games can benefit from QTE's & make the game better overall. RE4 is a perfect example of QTE's done right.
---
RE4, REmake, HALO 1 & 3, & other videos here v
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jaidabecca
#20ItsRageFacePosted 7/14/2013 1:36:35 PM
COG_Killa posted...
ItsRageFace posted...
Add me on XBL dog GT: you know it already

*duuurp*... is it just rageface?

It's RAGEface14 doe