What Did They Do To The Game? It's Awesome Now!

#1CrossBones3129Posted 7/14/2013 3:24:04 PM
I haven't played Halo 4 since probably 2 weeks after it came out. I thought it sucked so bad and was to far off the reservation from Halo 2 and Halo 3. I decided to play today bc I remember reading about them making it 4 shots for the BR. So I played some team infinity slayer and when to Shotout, which is an awesome remake of Lockout! I was so stoked when I realized what level it was. I've only played on that level since I've started playing again today. I was owning everyone, I was so surprised! So what did they do that made it fun again?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag:
I CrossBones I
#2COG_KillaPosted 7/14/2013 3:28:58 PM
shutout's been here forever, but other than the weapon tweaks, they also made base movement speed 110% faster than before, that might have something to with it.
---
Eeehhhh I don't really like to play with others.
#3GotThat415SwagPosted 7/14/2013 3:32:08 PM
They reset the true skill awhile back, so you're playing against really bad players. It's always more fun when you're doing well.
#4CrossBones3129(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 3:34:13 PM
GotThat415Swag posted...
They reset the true skill awhile back, so you're playing against really bad players. It's always more fun when you're doing well.

Really? So my true skill has to be built up again?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag:
I CrossBones I
#5COG_KillaPosted 7/14/2013 3:36:34 PM
GotThat415Swag posted...

Wow, i didn't know that. That's kind of depressing, i thought i might be getting better.
---
Official Founder of the Unofficial Iderivedx Fanclub
#6CrossBones3129(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 3:41:12 PM
I found it weird that I came out of a game leading my team with 25 kills and 12 deaths. It's not just the people, it's like the guns work better. At least the BR, Sniper, and other basic guns felt better. I was pulling off some crazy moves though!
---
Xbox Live Gamertag:
I CrossBones I
#7lderivedxPosted 7/14/2013 3:41:24 PM
Wow, i didn't know that. That's kind of depressing, i thought i might be getting better.

When they added ranks.
---
Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
GT: i derive dx
#8COG_KillaPosted 7/14/2013 3:46:52 PM
and now I feel stupid
---
When i'm alone I strip, cover myself with Vaseline, lay in my neighbor's garden and pretend I am a slug.
#9CrossBones3129(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 4:13:50 PM
I tell you what, it sure does lag a lot! Every game i get in it lags so bad you just skip everywhere!
---
Xbox Live Gamertag:
I CrossBones I
#10SergioMach5Posted 7/14/2013 5:32:10 PM
probably in the same boat, played for a while after launch, then gave up, and only last night picked it up again and loved it, it feels great to play halo again for all the tweaks.
---
For the first time in gaming history, the console contest may have been decided not by games, but by DRM