H4 vs Reach

#31gameslickerPosted 7/19/2013 10:42:31 AM
lderivedx posted...
He said he liked 4s AAs better, but got bored of 4 faster.

and since when does most creative = fun?

Those are nowhere near contradictions. Not even remotely close.

read the dudes first post. he played reach's multiplayer tons more than 4's, he found 4's to be boring very quickly but still chooses 4 to be better. so did he just play reach's multiplayer bc there was nothing else to play? why else would you want to put in all of those hours into a video game if it wasnt fun?

as for the creative part, have you used the needler, needle rifle, focus rifle, plasma launcher, spartan laser, gravity hammer, energy sword before? each weapon is pretty fun (and satisfying) to get kills with

again whiteshark, im not targeting you. just trying to get what youre saying
#32lderivedxPosted 7/19/2013 6:39:11 PM
Fun and better are not the same things.

And creative is also not the same thing as fun.

Words are not this difficult.
#33That1GuyyPosted 7/19/2013 6:50:14 PM
I have yet to play TU Halo 4, but MLG Reach is definitely the holder of best Halo gameplay as it stands.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#34Whiteshark70Posted 7/19/2013 7:48:55 PM
gameslicker posted...
Whiteshark70 posted...
Campaign: Halo 4. Even though 4 was shorter and much easier, it had much more memorable moments in the campaign. In Reach, I never really cared for any member of Noble Team, and barely felt any emotion when they died. (With the exception of Noble 6, who was basically a clone of John.)

Multiplayer: Halo 4. I liked the unlockables and commendations in Halo 4, which were miles ahead of those in Reach. Armor Abilities were better in Halo 4, too. Halo 4 played much better than Reach. But, I played Reach much longer than Halo 4. I played Reach for almost two years, and 4 for almost two months. I quickly got bored of Halo 4.

Forge: Reach. Forge World is much better than forge island, and the interface is much more user friendly. (I do like the magnets in Halo 4, though)

Spartan Ops/FIrefight: I never played either very much. I hope they have both in Halo 5.

Theater: Both are the same.

Weapons: Halo 4. In Halo 4, every faction (UNSC, Forerunner, Storm Covenant) each had an automatic assault rifle, a precision assault weapon, a rocket launcher, a sniper, etc. That didn't make it seem very creative. Halo 4's weapons were still better than Reach's weapons. (The sticky detonator is miles ahead of the Grenade Launcher.) And weapon skins added to some of the fun.

Maps: Halo 4. Reach's maps were ripped straight from the campaign, and i didn't like the abundance of campers in gametypes like infection. Halo 4 improved this with original maps, which were either hit or miss. Ragnarok and Haven were pretty good, but a bunch of other maps were huge. (I hear the DLC maps are awesome, so 343 is improving)

Overall, I like Halo 4 better. I have a few friends that think Reach is the greatest in the series (when they never played Halo 2 or 3).

im a little confused on what you said. you liked 4's armor abilities much better than reach's but then you say you got bored of 4's pretty quickly. you also state you like 4's weaponry better despite a serious lack of creativity. no offense but i felt like you were contradicting yourself in those two aspects. not being mean here, just trying to understand you.

oh, and the sticky detonator cant emp vehicles or hold a lot of ammo

None taken.

Halo 4 had better weaponry. The weapons may not have been creative, but they played well, had weapon skins, and were useful in combat. With Reach, a few weapons were useless; like, for example, the grenade launcher. It was hard and typically never that fun to use. (Or maybe its just me, lol). The sticky detonator in Halo 4 was pretty fun to use.

Halo 4 did have better armor abilities than Reach, and was an overall better game. However, I didn't feel the "addiction" to play Halo 4 after a few months.
Think of it like this: Halo 4 is a small but tasty cupcake. Reach is a bigger cupcake, but it tastes worse.
---
"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Private Church
#35Whiteshark70Posted 7/19/2013 7:56:35 PM
gameslicker posted...
lderivedx posted...

read the dudes first post. he played reach's multiplayer tons more than 4's, he found 4's to be boring very quickly but still chooses 4 to be better. so did he just play reach's multiplayer bc there was nothing else to play? why else would you want to put in all of those hours into a video game if it wasnt fun?

as for the creative part, have you used the needler, needle rifle, focus rifle, plasma launcher, spartan laser, gravity hammer, energy sword before? each weapon is pretty fun (and satisfying) to get kills with

The needler, needle rifle, focus rifle, plasma launcher, spartan laser, gravity hammer, and energy sword are all creative weapons. However, they weren't introduced in Halo 4, they were in Reach (which has creative weapons).

Yes, Reach is fun. But, Halo 4 is funner. I've never played Reach since 4 came out. But, after taking a break from Halo 4 to play Far Cry 3, Dishonored, and Assassins Creed 3, I never had the urge to pick it up again.
---
"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Private Church
#36gameslickerPosted 7/19/2013 9:05:18 PM
Whiteshark70 posted...
gameslicker posted...
lderivedx posted...

The needler, needle rifle, focus rifle, plasma launcher, spartan laser, gravity hammer, and energy sword are all creative weapons. However, they weren't introduced in Halo 4, they were in Reach (which has creative weapons).

Yes, Reach is fun. But, Halo 4 is funner. I've never played Reach since 4 came out. But, after taking a break from Halo 4 to play Far Cry 3, Dishonored, and Assassins Creed 3, I never had the urge to pick it up again.

thank you for the polite responses. the one where you said about 4 being a small and tasty cupcake and reach being a bigger, worse cupcake really summed it up in a very nice bow.