halo waypoint.. where being honest gets you suspended

#11devil mingyPosted 7/20/2013 12:12:16 PM(edited)
I'm pretty sure Vociferous is still there, as he is authoring the upcoming Halo 4 Visual Guide.

Coco, however, left 343 Industries in April and is currently employed by, of all people, Bungie.

As it stands, Vociferous did a few nice little vids for the Campaign section of Waypoint, and Coco is credited as a mission designer for Halo 4.
#12L0ZPosted 7/21/2013 7:02:11 AM
COG_Killa posted...
ItsRageFace posted...
At least it's not like Gfaqs where you get banned for making a joke about being 12.

I'm 12 and this offends me.

This is a joke. Come at me, mods.

They don't ban for it anymore. They can however delete for disruptive posting because its a fad
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
[IBM Tricore 3.2GHz | 10MB Custom ATI | 512 MB GDDR3]
#13L337_MuffenPosted 7/21/2013 7:51:00 AM
I posted (just a few hours ago actually) a topic on the ask the mods board calling them out on some of the stupid **** they mod. I got modded for Off-Topic posting. wat?
---
Got 'em coach!
GT: L337 Muffen
#14PufTheMgicDingoPosted 7/21/2013 12:11:50 PM
Faliz18 posted...
ItsRageFace posted...
At least it's not like Gfaqs where you get banned for making a joke about being 12.

Lol there was a topic on one the Zelda boards which was like "How old are you now and when you played your first Zelda game" and some guy jokingly said he was 7 and got banned.

Years ago on the Smash Brothers Brawl board someone got banned for saying they were in the womb.
#15elitewarrior500(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 12:24:02 PM
PufTheMgicDingo posted...
Faliz18 posted...
ItsRageFace posted...

Lol there was a topic on one the Zelda boards which was like "How old are you now and when you played your first Zelda game" and some guy jokingly said he was 7 and got banned.

Years ago on the Smash Brothers Brawl board someone got banned for saying they were in the womb.

mods do not seem so bright to ban someone for saying that lol. common sense dictates that you cannot type in the womb
---
GT: LegendaryFalco
oh ok
#16ItsRageFacePosted 7/21/2013 12:33:05 PM
elitewarrior500 posted...
PufTheMgicDingo posted...
Faliz18 posted...
ItsRageFace posted...

mods do not seem so bright to ban someone for saying that lol. common sense dictates that you cannot type in the womb

in other news, water is liquid
#17L337_MuffenPosted 7/21/2013 12:43:49 PM(edited)
The weirdest thing happened with the mods. (Note that this is in the ask the mods board).

/start post

I posted here 10 days ago and asked why you guy think you are bad at your jobs. It got taken down almost immediately for "trolling" I disputed the mod, and after the third time got this reply.

"I can't think of anything that fits the definition of trolling more than going to a board dedicated to the moderation staff and then asking why the moderation staff is bad. That's like going to the Smash Bros Brawl board to make a topic asking why the game completely sucks. It's going to annoy the target audience."

This is a prime example of why you guys are bad. That happens ALL the time. Example:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/66743991
And yet topics like this stay
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/66772977
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/66772963

Beyond that, I should be able to ask why a game sucks.

Trolling is not someone posting an opinion that differs from yours, but someone posting a message designed to get others mad enough to violate one of the other rules. Going on a board and posting "This game sucks and everybody who enjoys it is stupid" is trolling, and nothing good will come of it. Going on a board and posting "I hated this game, the controls were awful," isn't trolling, although it may not be popular opinion. Even if you disagree, you can either debate the user on their points or just ignore it.

If I make a bit of a blunt statement that instantly makes it trolling?

See when its phrased like that it is trolling, but it is still an opinion, what should set it over is the second part of the sentence.

So mods, why do you think all of this is allowed to happen?

Inb4 Moderated Message for Trolling.

/end post

MODERATION INFORMATION
Deleted: 7/21/2013 3:02:42 AM
Action: Topic Deleted - This topic was deleted from the boards, but no karma was lost.
Reason: Off-Topic Posting
Status: N/A - No user-initiated action has been taken on this moderation.

u wot m8?
---
Got 'em coach!
#18elitewarrior500(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 1:59:20 PM
dude everyone on this board has a chance at being a mod with stuff like that O_O
---
GT: LegendaryFalco
oh ok
#19Faliz18Posted 7/21/2013 3:23:34 PM
Well damn...
---
PSN- Faliz XBL-Faliz18
Anticipating Halo 5, Zelda Wii U, Elder Scrolls VI, Destiny, Dark Souls II
#20L337_MuffenPosted 7/22/2013 9:45:34 AM
elitewarrior500 posted...
dude everyone on this board has a chance at being a mod with stuff like that O_O

I'm surprised I didn't lose karma for that post.
---
Got 'em coach!