So this is a game about saving your waifu?

#11chunkyshtewPosted 8/15/2013 1:45:47 PM
It's funny because technically Cortana is a copy of chief's step mother's (Halsey's) mind. He was abducted and raised by her from a young age, most of the spartans in the books refer to Halsey as their moms. It seems like a twisted futuristic form of incest, but seeing as one of my aunts is married to my cousin (her nephew) I can't say I'm opposed to the idea.
---
d(^o^)b ~ And then I ate the bowl!
#12Doofe_2012Posted 8/15/2013 1:51:29 PM
chunkyshtew posted...
It's funny because technically Cortana is a copy of chief's step mother's (Halsey's) mind. He was abducted and raised by her from a young age, most of the spartans in the books refer to Halsey as their moms. It seems like a twisted futuristic form of incest, but seeing as one of my aunts is married to my cousin (her nephew) I can't say I'm opposed to the idea.

You from Mississippi or something?
---
GT: ColossusCHD, playing Halo 4, ME3, BO2
I take my coffee black, like my men.
#13Drag_ZEROPosted 8/15/2013 2:36:59 PM
fiasco86 posted...
Drag_ZERO posted...
They're like best friends. They have been together since he was in training, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

False. Been with her since shortly before the events of Halo 1.

I distinctly remember scenes with Chief and Cortana training together in the books somewhere (don't remember which one exactly).
---
One of these days, Valve will confirm Half-Life 3, but nobody will believe them and assume its another ruse.
#14COG_KillaPosted 8/15/2013 4:21:08 PM
According to the wiki:

"Cortana first met John-117 prior to the Fall of Reach, when she was integrated into his new MJOLNIR Mark V armor."
---
Official Founder of the Unofficial Iderivedx fanclub. Members: 1
#15fiasco86Posted 8/15/2013 4:21:28 PM
Drag_ZERO posted...
fiasco86 posted...
Drag_ZERO posted...
They're like best friends. They have been together since he was in training, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I distinctly remember scenes with Chief and Cortana training together in the books somewhere (don't remember which one exactly).

It's in Fall of Reach, just before the Covenant attack Reach. This is also the same time he gets MJOLNIR Mark V, IIRC. It is long after he has graduated from Spartan training and decades into the Human Covenant War.
---
Game Conquerors Top 100 Games of All Time
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBdvbVOHRybalW-7GExzgqbbBf1bGVV3L
#16Drag_ZEROPosted 8/16/2013 7:17:24 AM
fiasco86 posted...
Drag_ZERO posted...
fiasco86 posted...
Drag_ZERO posted...

It's in Fall of Reach, just before the Covenant attack Reach. This is also the same time he gets MJOLNIR Mark V, IIRC. It is long after he has graduated from Spartan training and decades into the Human Covenant War.

Ah, that's right. True.
---
One of these days, Valve will confirm Half-Life 3, but nobody will believe them and assume its another ruse.