This game encourages violence

#1JohnHalo343Posted 8/15/2013 11:32:09 PM
Hello. I have been a player of video games my whole life. I have raised a family a.d two young children with consoles in the house. Never before have I encountered such obscene violence until Halo came out. It wouldn't be so bad if this game wasn't so wildly popular and Master Chief wasn't such an icon. The very nature of this game encourages hardcore violence and competitiveness that I wouldn't want my young children exposed to. If it were not for games like this, we would not have shootings in places like New town and Tucson, Arizona. It is because of the Master Chief we must endure violence in our society.

Drop the controller and look out for your fellow man.
#2elitewarrior500Posted 8/15/2013 11:33:55 PM
( . Y . )
---
GT: LegendaryFalco
oh ok
#3Azrael0206Posted 8/16/2013 12:28:50 AM
0/10
Pick a better username next time
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
"If it helps you understand, I am forever years old"
#4JohnHalo343(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 1:08:19 AM
Allow me to level with you. I was a gung-ho teenager much like yourselves, always ready to party and shoot this and steal that. Then when I hit a low point in my life I turned to God and he lifted me out of the darkness. Now I can see the damage video games like Halo, Call of Duty, and Battlefield do to our society. They rob children of their innocence and desensitize them tonthe violence our society has accepted as the norm. Now, you guys are probably going to keep dismissing as a convenient cop-out to ignore my points, but Inspeak the truth nonetheless.
#5JohnHalo343(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 1:33:29 AM
And just to add to my previous argument, it has been a proven fact that video games like this contribute to violent crime. Take the case of the 13 year old that killed and attempted to rape his mother with a .22 because she took his Black Ops II. Young minds are very vulnerable to external stimuli and violent video games, especially Halo do nothing for them but create negative trained responses. Halo is worse as a matter of fact because Master Chief is a very idolized character and it is easy for young people to fall prey to him for lack of a better role model.
#6hellzyaaahhhhhhPosted 8/16/2013 3:58:48 AM(edited)
fail troll is fail....

on the little rating thing on the game

it says

M = mature 17+
blood
violence

but by all means:

accept you're a fail troll
or
accept you're a fail parent

the choice is yours
#7djwagonPosted 8/16/2013 4:34:24 AM
JohnHalo343 posted...
And just to add to my previous argument, it has been a proven fact that video games like this contribute to violent crime. Take the case of the 13 year old that killed and attempted to rape his mother with a .22 because she took his Black Ops II. Young minds are very vulnerable to external stimuli and violent video games, especially Halo do nothing for them but create negative trained responses. Halo is worse as a matter of fact because Master Chief is a very idolized character and it is easy for young people to fall prey to him for lack of a better role model.
that is called bad parenting .she took the easy way out to keep junior quiet and it back fired on her
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#8Ace_KilljoyPosted 8/16/2013 12:45:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc
---
Proud member of the Global Defence Force.
http://img.imgcake.com/AlecTrevylan006/AceKilljoyShieldpngyp.png
#9PurlinnWarclubPosted 8/17/2013 5:17:42 AM
A bit of violence never hurt anyone.
#10ThunderCavalierPosted 8/17/2013 10:59:39 AM
My children used to be well-behaved individuals until they started playing video games.

Now they're off, stomping on turtles, trying to break bricks with their fists, and believing that if they get 100 coins, they'll have a spare life to jump off a building with. They had to be committed to a mental institute after they scared everyone away after harassing a guy dressed as a spiked turtle, saying they needed to rescue some princess.

Video games are evil.
---
This sig will self-destruct in 3.... 2.... 1.... Thank you for your time. Cookie? ^_^