This game encourages violence

#11ItsRageFacePosted 8/17/2013 11:57:27 AM
Most likely an alt of one of the super-nerd regs who has nothing better to do than type paragraphs on the internet
---
I could've got a falcon
#12Ace_of_DuskPosted 8/17/2013 12:18:01 PM
You should really read this article.

http://popcultureblog.dallasnews.com/2013/05/the-positive-side-of-video-games-what-katie-couric-and-other-media-members-fail-to-understand-about-video-games-and-violence.html/

On top of the article, I've never believed they influenced violence because it takes someone with the right amount of common sense to realize that it's just a game. That shouldn't take a lot of common sense. When you go to a magic show and the magician says never try this at home, are you going to take his advice or are you going to put your mother in a box and try to saw her in half like magic? Come on people. If games influence violence, then Tella Tubbies encourage smoking weed.

On tip of all that, why are you buying M rated games to play with your children or at least risk them watching you? It's called self-control.
---
G-Box has no excuse for bombing A:CM after 6 years cause it took R* 6 years of what they say was hell to create Red Dead. R*=Infinite love
XBL GT: Ace of Dusk
#13ODommPosted 8/17/2013 12:31:05 PM
Gahd I hate this board so much haha
#14Ace_KilljoyPosted 8/17/2013 10:51:43 PM
On a serious note, I actually did some research on this topic a while back. Apparently, you don't want to play a tone of violent video games if you're... what was it... neurotic, unagreeable, and unconscientious. Something like that. It was a while ago.
---
Proud member of the Global Defence Force.
http://img.imgcake.com/AlecTrevylan006/AceKilljoyShieldpngyp.png
#15__balePosted 8/17/2013 10:55:33 PM
ItsRageFace posted...
Most likely an alt of one of the super-nerd regs who has nothing better to do than type paragraphs on the internet

as opposed to you who only has time to type sentences
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#16TMoney650Posted 8/17/2013 11:31:40 PM
The moral of this story: people named ace are susceptible to poor attempts at trolling.
---
XBL: A Percussionist
Official Halo 4 Board Fiesta Octagon All-Star
#17zalabar22Posted 8/18/2013 6:43:47 AM
Ok john, I understand where you are coming from, but honestly you can't blame all the problems of the world on a single game. Compared to other games like Gears of Wars or even Call of Duty, which actually shows piles of highly detailed gore, Halo is considered mild. I'm not saying Halo is innocent, but you can't just blame the worlds real life violence on a single game.
I honestly believe violent content such as video games may encourage violence in youth, but what about television? What about the Internet? I have seen more easily accessible violence on Youtube then in all my years as a gamer. Lastly, everybody has a choice in what they do. If someone goes on a real world murder rampage, we often try to blame something or someone else. People think, "There is just no way someone in their right minds could have done something so terrible, it must have been something that made them do this!" I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but Microsoft can't make people do something like that. Only the person who preformed the act is responsible.
The world is defiantly not perfect in anyway. We live in times where violence is a way of life. We must be careful about the content we decide to use as entertainment. however we must realize that we are responsible for the choices we make. There are numerous things that can determine a choice we make, but there is no scapegoat large enough to cover what someone else has decided.
---
Derpy Hooves for President!
#18Ace_KilljoyPosted 8/18/2013 9:56:15 AM
TMoney650 posted...
The moral of this story: people named ace are susceptible to poor attempts at trolling.

If anything, I'm more likely to mess with trolls for the fun of it. This particular topic just reminded me of the old days of... research papers. It was an interesting topic to research, but I found out I hate research, so meh.
---
Proud member of the Global Defence Force.
http://img.imgcake.com/AlecTrevylan006/AceKilljoyShieldpngyp.png