Halo 5 needs at least 10 BTB maps.

#11Paper_Mario_4(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 3:06:03 PM(edited)
Faliz18 posted...
Last Resort could actually work in H4 tbh.

I think so too. It would feel different and much of the way of going about the map would change too but the set up is almost perfect for CTF imo.

1 Flag was always fun on Last Resort. DEFENSE. 9 entrances in which the team on the OFFENSIVE could infiltrate. Nobody ever played this way but if you had one cohesive team, and ordered each of your teammates to enter the base through a different window, side, through the back, near spartan lazer, etc. then how would the team on defense handle that?

Last Resort / Zanzibar were both full of possibilities.
#12Paper_Mario_4(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 7:28:13 PM
Get your say in, this thread is dedicated to those who enjoy BTB CTF, Slayer, and Assault. This thread is for those who want to see more BTB maps of quality in the next Halo installment.

All I can do is hope for the best, because if 343i does not show me they are serious and meet this request of ours then they have lost at least one customer indefinitely. I'll wait until the Halo games are in the hands of a competent group of video game developers. I would advise others to do the same. Do you want the Halo series to end up like the COD series? Rehashed product that only sees minor tweaks in the multiplayer over a two to three year period with mediocre campaign after mediocre campaign? If so, have fun wasting 70+ dollars for who knows how long.
#13DHGASSBLASTA69Posted 8/20/2013 4:46:31 AM
There's two topics about this, that's what's so f***ed up
#14hellzyaaahhhhhhPosted 8/20/2013 5:50:36 AM
Samurai162 posted...
I'd like to see some Halo 3 maps remade.

*cough*Avalanche, Sandtrap*cough*

no please....

hasn't 343 murdered enough of my good memory's with old maps...

fine with making the map all old and rusty looking but putting a gravity lift out side the room and a trap door inside the room were the sword is really?

343 making multiple entrances to good old maps that shouldn't change
343 should stick to making there everywhere you can escape maze maps
#15LanternOfAshPosted 8/20/2013 11:12:21 AM
My least favorite Halo game were the ones that didn't include Blood Gulch. I really don't think this is just a coincidence.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#16Paper_Mario_4(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 6:05:07 PM
DHGASSBLASTA69 posted...
There's two topics about this, that's what's so f***ed up

What's more annoying than that is you crying about it. People can't be original 100% of the time, deal with it.

At least this thread is trying to do something, accomplish something. Give it that.
#17__balePosted 8/21/2013 6:24:18 PM
you realize well over 75% of the maps in this game are BTB maps right?
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#18Paper_Mario_4(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 9:14:46 PM
__bale posted...

Well over 75% huh? Do you know the exact percent? I don't have all the map packs, just bought the ones you could at launch (three of them) and most of those jokes of a BTB map left me disappointed. Feeling just as empty as the COD gameplay 343i decided to use for Halo 4.

I'm talking BTB maps, the type of BTB maps in Halo 3 and Halo 2 especially. Maps where you have multiple decisions to make every which way you turn.

BTB maps that require more than 15 seconds to trek from one side to the other.
BTB maps that have items you and other may destroy or move for offensive or defensive purposes like the blocks in Waterworks (Halo 2) while playing defense on CTF.
BTB maps that have strongholds for bases like Waterworks did so that capturing the flag or bombing the base was actually a mission and not some simple task like everything to do in Halo 4 is.
BTB maps that have alcoves and difficult areas to reach (thank you jetpack for ruining the need to use precise jumping techniques)
BTB maps that have elevator-like air lifts that lead you up to a second or third floor of a building with windows to break.
BTB maps that have a major monument or landmark that's interesting (Zanzibar, Relic, Terminal)

I haven't played the very latest maps but I know that the situation for BTB Skirmish type games in Halo 4 is sorry. That needs to be improved. Halo 4's BTB Skirmish is mediocre AT BEST.
#19COG_KillaPosted 8/21/2013 9:18:47 PM
Big maps is a Battlefield specialty. Try that instead and bother that board.
---
Proud supporter of the Halo 4 GameFAQs board. Yes, even Rageface.
#20MrFish86Posted 8/21/2013 9:55:18 PM
Paper_Mario_4 posted...
__bale posted...

Well over 75% huh? Do you know the exact percent?

Launch BTB Maps:
*Longbow
*Exile
*Meltdown
*Vortex
*Ragnarock
*Complex

DLC BTB Maps:
*Harvest
*Wreckage
*Shatter
*Daybreak
*Outcast
*Perdition

Launch Small/ Medium Maps:
*Haven
*Adrift
*Solace
*Abandon

DLC Small/ Medium Maps:
*Skyline
*Monolith
*Landfall
*Pitfall
*Vertigo

So that's 12 BTB maps vs 9 Small/ Medium maps in Halo 4 (not counting forge based maps). Which means that 57% of Halo 4's (non forged) maps are BTB maps. To be honest though, I really think that Skyline and MAYBE Haven are the only maps in Halo 4 that can be considered as a small map; the rest in the above "Small/ Medium" categories I consider to be medium sized. Sprint definitely played a massive role in expanding the overall size of the average Halo map, unfortunately :\.

So roughly these are the percentages of maps sizes in Halo 4's (non forged) maps:

57% Large
33% Medium
10% Small

So even though Bale's 75%+ was meant as an exaggeration to prove a point, his point still stands. The majority of maps in Halo 4 are pretty damn big, and that we could definitely use a bigger focus on small scale maps to keep competitive players happy as well. Unless I'm just reading into his comment wrong.