halo 4, why the hate?

#1cowan86Posted 8/23/2013 4:01:54 PM
just played the game and think the new team has made a great start to the franchise, yes they can improve more but very promising. Thought the campaign got better as it went on, online is fun, spartan ops added more replay and graphics improved so much, Can not wait to see what they do for the xbox one. Any of the download content worth getting? Heard daybreak is a good map on the castle map pack also is Spatan op levels worth playing all the way through? does it stay interesting?
#2Paper_Mario_4Posted 8/23/2013 4:08:35 PM
-Maps aren't quality, very small once you realize how fast you can trek from one side to the other.
-Campaign = kill this same little enemy, kill that same big one, boom end of chapter boom end campaign like that. Levels are boring and drag on. No major Bosses really. Story is fragmented and just a mess really. The dialogue in the campaign may be summed up in one sentence: "Master Chief, Cortana...get a room."
-You join into games that have already been started without you.

There's much more but the game is terribly flawed.
#3Caolan_2k9Posted 8/23/2013 4:10:45 PM
Paper_Mario_4 posted...
-Maps aren't quality, very small once you realize how fast you can trek from one side to the other.
-Campaign = kill this same little enemy, kill that same big one, boom end of chapter boom end campaign like that. Levels are boring and drag on. No major Bosses really. Story is fragmented and just a mess really. The dialogue in the campaign may be summed up in one sentence: "Master Chief, Cortana...get a room."
-You join into games that have already been started without you.

There's much more but the game is terribly flawed.

I don't think the game as it stands alone is terribly flawed, but in comparison to the standards of the previous halos then yes I agree it's terribly flawed.
1 step forward.
100000 steps backwards.
#4killered3Posted 8/24/2013 5:25:14 AM
Every Halo can be summed up with kill same enemy here, go there and press that. I think all the hate just stems from the fact that it's not by Bungie so it's a terrible game by default which is totally BS. This game had easily the best campaign on any Halo, no contest.
#5Caolan_2k9Posted 8/24/2013 6:44:27 AM
killered3 posted...
Every Halo can be summed up with kill same enemy here, go there and press that. I think all the hate just stems from the fact that it's not by Bungie so it's a terrible game by default which is totally BS. This game had easily the best campaign on any Halo, no contest.

Best campaign? Yeah.
Worst multiplayer.
Has nothing to do with not being bungie, some of bungies original core members actually founded 343 and worked on the game.
I don't see the point in defending the multiplayer when 343 apologised for disappointing fans and promised a better effort for halo 5.
#6lderivedxPosted 8/24/2013 7:06:26 AM
Did someone just say the maps were small?
---
this is a shining example of why people with alternating caps in their names are treated like special children. - Sin
GT: i derive dx
#7Faliz18Posted 8/24/2013 8:01:43 AM
lderivedx posted...
Did someone just say the maps were small?

Paper Mario is a big team lover.
---
PSN- Faliz XBL-Faliz18
Anticipating Halo 5, Zelda Wii U, Elder Scrolls VI, Destiny, Dark Souls II
#8MoganPosted 8/24/2013 8:19:27 AM
My attachment to Halo only extends as far as the campaign (generally in co-op) and splitscreen multiplayer, and I think Halo 4 is the best Halo yet in those categories. If I was into the online multiplayer of Halo, one of the previous games might be my favorite, but for I want from a Halo game, Halo 4 is the best.
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"
#9DvoloS88Posted 8/24/2013 9:40:02 AM
People hate change and wanted this games mp to be exactly like 2 and 3, especially this board. I admit way too many mistakes were made even to this day but I don't hate halo 4. My rage comes from the typical host advantage bs and useless vehicles due to starting plasmas and plasma pistol. One or the other 343i seriously! IMO the pp should be an ordnance or map drop. Actually default grenades should be frags, plasmas and pulse need to be ordnance and or map drops as well.
---
I troll the trolls...
#10SergioMach5Posted 8/24/2013 4:08:28 PM
I dont hate the game, I got used to it as time went on. I just wish the progression system was not like every other modern shooter and stayed with the way players spawn with the same loadouts and the 1-50 ranked playlists are sorely missed.

Still looking forward to the next halo on xbone, its a great first attempt at halo for 343
---
For the first time in gaming history, the console contest may have been decided not by games, but by DRM