just played the game and think the new team has made a great start to the franchise, yes they can improve more but very promising. Thought the campaign got better as it went on, online is fun, spartan ops added more replay and graphics improved so much, Can not wait to see what they do for the xbox one. Any of the download content worth getting? Heard daybreak is a good map on the castle map pack also is Spatan op levels worth playing all the way through? does it stay interesting?
in the days of old there were
3 types of halo fans that were on the forums....:
halo superiority people (as in halos best 1st person shooter ever)
the CoD fanboys (always down saying halo)
and the few who tryed to make peace pointing out the good/bad of both games....
^the players are still around the numbers are still close to the same
hate comes from same places just now
halo fanboy: to much like CoD
CoD fanboy: hush you this games good
peace makers: hush you this games good
new party: 343i haters
even i must say they took halo away from halo... not saying its bad just doesn't feel like a halo game... balance is off
owns all game systems... equal feelings about all of them...
its the games i tend to take favor to o.O
why the hate? where to start (just my opinion):
1. requires a ton of halo background outside the main games to be fully understood
2. basically what someone here said earlier: master chief and cortana, get a room (i understand they wanted to emphasize their relationship but dang)
3. enemies look beyond ugly. none of them look evil, scary or even mean. i felt like in the 4 years between halo 3 and 4, every member of the covenant got botched plastic surgery
1. ordnance drops
2. multiplayer unlocks directly affecting gameplay
3. infinity slayer replacing default slayer (seriously, why couldnt they just have both?)
4. customized loadouts
5. requires installation to be played
6. atrocious armor designs (most of them are also ugly and dont even look practical)
7. jet pack still being an armor ability (no joke, personally i hated this more than bloom, sprint, and armor lock combined back in reach)
1. who even explicitly asked for a secondary campaign NOT starring master chief?
2. 343s refusal to put in firefight because "it was bungies thing."
3. requires installation to play the first episodes
4. requires xbox live to play the extra episodes
1. i dont know about others but i tried numerous times to system link this game over 2 360s and failed. i have never had problems with 1, 2, 3, odst, reach connected via system link
1. only applicable for multiplayer. doesnt record campaign or spartan ops
1. forge island released as dlc a few months later. this right here tells me forge was not much of a priority for 343 and, the way i see it, was a slap to the face for the forge community
2. minimal differences between island and reachs forge world
tldr: the next halo and gears of war were the only things making me want to get an xbox one and based off of their latest iterations, im not getting an xbox one EVER
why the hate? where to start (just my opinion):
To be fair to 343, despite this not feeling like halo, they did try. The game is different than all other halos with innovation attempts.
Epic games didn't put ANY effort into gears judgement at all, not one bit. The entire game from the day it was announced, until now, has just been a blatant terrible effort to make money.
Have you seen the numbers online for judgment? Within the first month gears 3 had more players.
Gears judgement should be forgotten and burnt from everyone's memory asap.
Seriously, f*** epic games.
Hellzyaaaahhhh forgot to mention the loyal Halo fans who actually really like Halo 4. I do totally see why fans hate SPARTAN Ops and the fact that you need to install it and have XBox LIVE Gold to play it, that really is BS. Mp did get worse too which is bad for fans who buy Halo for mp. Campaign is really the only great thing about Halo 4.
caolan, i have no idea why they wanted to take 4 into such a radical step in a drastic direction in the first place. seriously, who among us initially wished for these changes? the fact is this was the way they wanted to do things and try to get out of bungies shadow and i for one didnt like it at all (i mean the end result, not the trying to get out of the shadow part).
as for gears judgment, blame people can fly too. the two companies co-developed it and im guessing one of two things: either one, PCF was the one who made all these radical changes and epic just went along with it or two, PCF didnt say a word about the changes epic wanted and did nothing.
I love what they did to the series. Sure it's not Halo 3 or Reach, but they tried. If this game was called Call of Duty: 2558 or whatever, there wouldn't be so much hate. Stop complaining about what has already been done and focus on how you can help fix Halo 5 by being active in the Halo community and giving your opinion on 343i's forums.
"MAN I LOVE THE CORPS!"- Sgt. Apone
XBL GT: Ace of Dusk
Every Halo can be summed up with kill same enemy here, go there and press that. I think all the hate just stems from the fact that it's not by Bungie so it's a terrible game by default which is totally BS. This game had easily the best campaign on any Halo, no contest.
Best campaign, are you nuts? Every map was just a linear trek from one setpiece to the next and every time you go to a new section, the way to the previous one closes. No multiple paths, no exploration, none of an essential ingredient that made the previous halo games great.
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible