Wanting to buy Halo 4.

#1xhy0zanxPosted 8/27/2013 1:33:29 PM
Hi Guys,
I loved Halo 1, loved Halo 2, Loved Halo 3, kinda liked Halo Reach, did not play ODST. How is Halo 4? Is the online population active? Should i buy Halo 4 now and what map packs? I see the GOTY is coming out in October, should i wait till October? Currently Halo 4 is priced at $40.00 brand new. I just got a xbox from a friend so I been reading about Halo 4. Please give me your opinions on 343's Halo 4.
#2xhy0zanx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 1:37:26 PM
Also i see that multiplayer sucks. Why is that? What makes it so different from Halo 1..2..3..etc?

I used to have LAN parties with 1 and 2.
#3Faliz18Posted 8/27/2013 2:59:32 PM
If you want the DLC and cosmetics I'd wait for October since its only 50$.

I wouldn't exactly say the MP is bad but its just not very Halo-like. I still think its a step up above Reach though.

Here are the usual complaints.

-Ordnance
-Loadouts (specifically perks)
-Boltshot
-Flinch instead of descope
-Sprint
-Maps have varying degrees of quality
-Asymetrical maps with symmetrical game types
-playlist system is pretty bad
-cant drop flag in CTF

The population is extremely low for a Halo game (around 30,000)
---
PSN- Faliz XBL-Faliz18
Anticipating Halo 5, Zelda Wii U, Elder Scrolls VI, Destiny, Dark Souls II
#4ARsignal11Posted 8/28/2013 7:09:08 AM
Just wait for the GOTY edition in October. You'll get all of the DLC plus the game for $50.
#5este914Posted 8/28/2013 9:16:44 AM
ARsignal11 posted...
Just wait for the GOTY edition in October. You'll get all of the DLC plus the game for $50.

this is happening? proof?
---
...::: este914 :::...
The One & Only!
#6Paper_Mario_4Posted 8/28/2013 11:28:32 AM
Here's my take on the game:

First, I was a hardcore Halo 2 dude. Loved everything about that legendary game. Everything. From getting my ass handed to me in the unbelievably competitive slayer, to playing the 1v1 matchmaking playlist in the very beginning (oh man that was insane), to playing in customs all day and learning glitches (superbouncing out of maps and stuff was a specialty of mine), to playing the infamous BTB Halo 2 had perfected.

Halo 3 fan as well. It was a very fun game and everybody seemed to like it even if it wasn't as spectacular moment for moment like H2 was.

Halo 4, has Halo elements yet it feels almost nothing like a Halo game. The campaign is somewhat boring and lacking the quality atmospheres and landscapes the other Halo installments have created for us. You will find that the campaign almost has a trapped feeling to it, it's very linear and very repetitive. It's one of those experiences where you're thinking, I'm a huge fan, might as well beat the game but there is no satisfaction to be found in the story or gameplay really.

Once you play enough multiplayer, like four months worth about, the game really can't open up anymore. You've basically seen everything. Whereas in Halo 2 and 3, crazy stuff happened all the time. Not like that in H4, everything ids predicable and lacking in many categories. The maps are very boring, not much to do on any of them really. Vortex is probably the best map.
#7lderivedxPosted 8/28/2013 11:42:43 AM
Yeah ARsignal, do you have proof of something that is easy to google?

https://www.google.com/search?q=halo+4+goty&oq=halo+4+goty&aqs=chrome..69i57j0j69i64.1462j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
---
what do you expect from a gun (DMR) that has a krazy-straw for a barrel? - irishman5705
GT: i derive dx
#8JaidabeccaPosted 8/28/2013 11:54:26 AM
lderivedx posted...
Yeah ARsignal, do you have proof of something that is easy to google?

https://www.google.com/search?q=halo+4+goty&oq=halo+4+goty&aqs=chrome..69i57j0j69i64.1462j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Lol, but that would require este914 to do his own work(regardless of how easy it is) & that's just unfathomable. Honestly why are people so f***ing lazy that they can't press a few extra keys & click the mouse of few extra times? This goes for people who are too lazy to type properly as well.
---
RE4, REmake, HALO 1 & 3, & other videos here v
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jaidabecca
#9gameslickerPosted 8/29/2013 9:44:53 AM
Faliz18 posted...
If you want the DLC and cosmetics I'd wait for October since its only 50$.

I wouldn't exactly say the MP is bad but its just not very Halo-like. I still think its a step up above Reach though.

Here are the usual complaints.

-Ordnance
-Loadouts (specifically perks)
-Boltshot
-Flinch instead of descope
-Sprint
-Maps have varying degrees of quality
-Asymetrical maps with symmetrical game types
-playlist system is pretty bad
-cant drop flag in CTF

The population is extremely low for a Halo game (around 30,000)

i would also like to add

ordnance drops/infinity slayer replacing default slayer from past halos
customized loadouts in general
multiplayer unlocks (example, you have to unlock all 5 loadout slots)
atrocious weapon designs and weapon sounds
spartan ops replacing firefight (i only met a few people who preferred spartan ops over firefight)
theater mode doesnt record campaign or spartan ops
campaign is the shortest, most linear, and requires the most homework to be understood
micro-transactions (armor and weapon skins)

personally, ill take reach over 4 every time. if you want a halo game that is not only radically different from past halos but more aimed towards call of duty/battlefield, then get 4.
#10Megid-MitchPosted 8/31/2013 6:53:32 AM
I would not buy this game. I bought a 360 mainly for this game and compared to the other Halo's, this one is soulless. Not to mention their servers that hosted the Global Tourney was horrible. 343 should not have handled this game. I sold this game and I will not purchase another Halo unless a different, more talented developer creates it