*****Official Halo 4's Flaws Thread*****

#1Paper_Mario_4Posted 8/31/2013 11:36:17 PM
This thread's purpose is simple: to list and/or describe the inadequacies, blunders, mistakes, mockeries, misjudgments, and so forth that can be found within the game that is "Halo" 4.

Allow me to express the first grievance:

-The maps are bland.

Feel free to point out even the smallest of details.

Here's one:

-During KOTH, I have been a part of games that totally favored my team (the team that held the hill the longest during that particular game) and each hill was right next to the previous one almost every time.

Here's another:

-The perk that's supposed to allow you to see your radar whilst scoping, never worked for me the first time I put it on. Haven't tried it since but that was still ridiculous. A part of the game simply not working at all? Wow.
#2Paper_Mario_4(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 11:41:18 PM
The turrets on warthogs and mounted ones as well are very inaccurate compared to the ones found in Halo 3.

Also, the turret feels like you're shooting out mini-cannon balls that would come out of Megaman's firearm or something, and not hollow tips. Shooting the turret always felt odd to me in H4.
#3YAYSAYPosted 9/1/2013 12:10:41 AM
Promethean's are boring to fight and the worst enemies in a Halo game thus far., the Knights are bullet sponges and warp away right when you're about to kill them because you have to reload and then they come back with full shields.

Didact is a terrible villain.

Story is fanfiction tier and they expect you to have read every book relating to H4's story before playing the game and they never explain why the covenant is attacking, I actually think cortana might say something later in the game but it wasn't a big deal it was just like a little tidbit if you were paying attention at the right moment.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NgvXx.gif http://i.imgur.com/RxHnY.gif
http://i.imgur.com/AggbcLv.gif http://i.imgur.com/UtCcG9r.jpg
#4Paper_Mario_4(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 12:22:13 AM
YAYSAY posted...
Promethean's are boring to fight and the worst enemies in a Halo game thus far., the Knights are bullet sponges and warp away right when you're about to kill them because you have to reload and then they come back with full shields.

Didact is a terrible villain.

Story is fanfiction tier and they expect you to have read every book relating to H4's story before playing the game and they never explain why the covenant is attacking, I actually think cortana might say something later in the game but it wasn't a big deal it was just like a little tidbit if you were paying attention at the right moment.

Yeah, I had the same gripes.

And Didact isn't a fitting name for the villain either. He didn't teach us anything. If anything, he got taught a lesson or two.
#5Paper_Mario_4(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 12:32:00 AM
This thread will be here for a while people, so get comfortable. I have a very uncanny cunning for the smallest of details and I have always aimed toward perfection. In other words, I'm very meticulous but I am for the big picture as well so everything bad about H4 that I can think of will be listed here.

Eventually, I think I will forward this thread to a 343i employee if possible, since somebody suggested I post on their forums to get my ideas known. I'm much more comfortable here on these boards where the formatting is very user-friendly.

Next H4 inadequacy:

Many of times there will be a period of about a minute (if there is even just slight lag) where your jetpack or whatever perk will not be able to be used. You can go about the map fine, but you will absolutely not be able to use your thruster pack or jetpack or whatever. What's up with that debug team?
#6hellzyaaahhhhhhPosted 9/1/2013 2:52:09 AM
spawning... enemy will spawn on you or behind you alot (unless your next to the % of your team)

maps.... there to open more less time if your not next to your team your going to get spawned traped with one on every side of you

armor ability's glitches resulting in endless camo/vision (camo and vision give no signs of being active, camos only sign is well you cant see them gives no dots on map)
---
owns all game systems... equal feelings about all of them...
its the games i tend to take favor to o.O
#7ThunderCavalierPosted 9/1/2013 7:29:45 AM
A lot of the gametypes need some fricken work.

All gametypes: Personal ordinance needs to be balanced. Either you always give someone an opportunity to get Rockets or an Incineration Cannon or they're extremely, uber rare drops. So many times people have complained that opposing teams get loads of explosive and sniper ordinance and when they get some, they get to choose between a Sticky Detonator, a Needler, and two Pulse Grenades.

All gametypes: Remove random ordinance. This was a stupid idea and it's contrary to the design of Halo maps since Halo: CE. This isn't innovating a new franchise or breathing new life into it; this is implementing random luck into a map control-based arena shooter and defending it by saying that it's "dynamic." It's stupid.

Dominion: Balance random ordinance. You either get a bunch of loadout weapons or two Rockets. Either you can't hold a base or a base becomes ludicrously impossible to capture because there are three people with rockets.

Lockdown: Either make custom maps for this with larger bases or drop the gametype entirely. It doesn't work with the current maps as they're far too small and it becomes a grenadefest.

Helmets: Need to look more like helmets that would actually belong in Halo. A lot of people complain that these armor designs seem to take more from animes, Crysis, and just the random, inane imagination of immature 9-year-olds, and I couldn't agree more. These aren't badass; they look fricken ridiculous and they don't mesh with the Halo franchise.
---
This sig will self-destruct in 3.... 2.... 1.... Thank you for your time. Cookie? ^_^
#8Ace_of_DuskPosted 9/1/2013 7:41:47 AM(edited)
You know what, I've had very few problems with Halo 4 and I tried to defend what was good with it but it gets old. The problems I do have are with the story and mini issues with mp. The story felt very underdeveloped and blah. And the Warthog felt like I was driving an RC Car that shot nerf gun darts. The multiplayer was fun and a good improvement. It was like a fast paced Reach which is good and bad. However, the Mantis is overpowered unless you have a plasma pistol which is also pretty overpowered. The multiplayer was a bit unbalanced due to the ability to make your own loadouts which is why the plasma pistol was always used along with the boltshot which when paired with Promethean vision was ridiculous and the DMR before the update was not too far from being a sniper rifle. I also agree with ThunderCavalier about the helmets. I've had lots of trouble trying to find a good combo that mixed well. It wasn't until the Champions Bundle that I finally settled with armor but that's also because the armor designs were from previous Halos such as the Mark V and ODST.

All 343i needs to do is make a better story and balance their multiplayer for Halo 5 and things will be back to normal.
---
"MAN I LOVE THE CORPS!"- Sgt. Apone
Xbox Live GT: Ace of Dusk
#9aHungee_YuropeePosted 9/1/2013 8:36:42 AM
Keep crying kids
#10xrvbchurchxPosted 9/1/2013 8:46:08 AM
Sprint, needing 4 shots to kill someone and giving them the chance to run away is terrible.

Sticky grenade start. giving anyone a chance for an instant one hit kill

Plasma pistol start. makes vehicles almost pointless

Forge map splitscreen lag, seriosuly this pisses me off, i wanna play forge maps with my friend and they are damn unplayable!!!

Jetpacks, ruins map control and just annoys the hell out of me
---
Was going to put an awesome RVB quote here, but there's just to many to choose from. So make your own