*****Official Halo 4's Flaws Thread*****

#31VectorChaosPosted 9/3/2013 9:31:14 AM
What a new and exciting topic.

I think I saw that dead horse twitch. Let's beat it some more to be sure.
---
PSN VectorChaos http://i.imgur.com/ftMERkZ.jpg XBL Vector Chaos
http://i.imgur.com/10hWZ95.png http://i.imgur.com/MZMOLx0.jpg http://i.imgur.com/R2jRl8F.jpg
#32CatstacheincPosted 9/3/2013 10:52:13 AM
Paper_Mario_4 posted...

Here's another:

-The perk that's supposed to allow you to see your radar whilst scoping, never worked for me the first time I put it on. Haven't tried it since but that was still ridiculous. A part of the game simply not working at all? Wow.

Are you sure that you weren't alive when the changed it? Because if you have a loadout with mobility and ammo and you choose that loadout when the match starts and spawn with that loadout .Than you modify that loadout and change ammo with dexterity you won't get dexterity till you respawn next life.
#33Paper_Mario_4(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 2:09:02 PM
Goro posted...
Instead of "getting 343 to notice" this thread, why wouldn't you just post this on 343's message boards? It would be more convincing that you're trying to help the game if you actually put it on the correct website... Not to mention you recreate this exact thread every 4 days or so...

I gotta say tho, I'm not a fan of auto-pickup in grifball.

Why should I take their message boards seriously if I can hardly take their supposed-to-be blockbuster Halo game seriously. Halo 4 should have done things better than the previous Halos, not forget half of what these Halo games are about and switch the formula up completely. Plus, I checked that website out, it's not as nice as this one gamefaqs is running.
#34Paper_Mario_4(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 2:20:35 PM
Another flaw:

You have to wait for a random grenade ordinance (lame) just to get grenades. **** these ordinances, just leave the explosives and guns on the map so we can simply pick them up and use them.
#35Paper_Mario_4(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 11:31:44 PM
This has happened to me more than ten times I'm sure, possibly even twenty or more times: I'm playing in a game and all of a sudden somebody leaves or something stupid...blue screen, very long wait and then I am taken out of the game completely. My connection has always been superb too so I don't really know if it's the servers or what. But it's happened many times.

This was very rare in Halo 3. Halo 2? I don't recall it happening at all. You never got returned to the screen even if there were lag that took you to the blue screen for five plus minutes (sometimes in the worst case this was the case if it was really bad) but you normally returned to the map and game. If blue screen lasts more than a minute I can almost guarantee I'm getting kicked out. It's weird.
#36Paper_Mario_4(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 11:39:54 PM
The flag in CTF will sometimes float in mid air if you are killed while jumping and near a building or some sort of structure. Sometimes the flag will even get stuck to a point where there is no grabbing it no matter what you do.

I was playing CTF on Complex, rushed to get the flag and eventually got it all the way to out base. Well I was killed right before getting it to the base and the flag somehow went into the wall. This has happened in other Halo games and I truly don't mind it too much when it happens as I enjoy random occurrences like that but others might not. Another debug issue that should be solved.
#37Paper_Mario_4(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 11:45:44 PM
In Halo 3, if you held down RT (or maybe it was LT?) while driving the warthog or mongoose or ghost even, you would be using more traction and sort of stick to the terrain better while driving at any speed. There is no extra traction button in Halo 4.

Also, if you were in a ghost and pressed A in H3, you could sort of prop the vehicle upwards a bit almost like a wheelie if the ghost had wheels. Not in H4.
#38Paper_Mario_4(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 11:58:38 PM
I perceive this to be a weakness or mistake in the game. If there is an advantageous spot that you can get to, they (343i) tell you to return to the battlefield.

How about you allow us to get to those cheap spots. If there are many spots like that like there are on many H2 and H3 maps, they become just a different way to switch up your position on the maps. The Halo 4 maps are so bland. There aren't many exciting places to reach even though we are given a jet pack...

I feel like they are being to restrictive. I would like to see some maps have more exploits. Halo 2 had countless exploits since there were superbounces on virtually every map and many of them. It always made for very interesting games because you never knew if somebody knew how to execute them and get somewhere extremely dangerous and just dominate from a spot you would never expect. Doing stuff like that was so fun. Those superjumps were part of the game and boy did they increase the excitement tenfold for myself and many others.

Halo 5 needs to incorporate some kind of something that will bring the element of surprise that superjumps brought to H2. It's amazing to me how something literally unintended turned out to be something so enticing.
#39DvoloS88Posted 9/7/2013 7:42:29 AM
Paper_Mario_4 posted...
In Halo 3, if you held down RT (or maybe it was LT?) while driving the warthog or mongoose or ghost even, you would be using more traction and sort of stick to the terrain better while driving at any speed. There is no extra traction button in Halo 4.

Also, if you were in a ghost and pressed A in H3, you could sort of prop the vehicle upwards a bit almost like a wheelie if the ghost had wheels. Not in H4.

Correction, the ghost still props it's front end up. Rb, maybe it's more subtle but it's there.
---
Microsoft fans and Sony fans, can't we all just get along?...
#40DvoloS88Posted 9/7/2013 7:54:23 AM
Paper_Mario_4 posted...

The hogs traction has always been terrible for a futuristic 4 wheel drive monster vehicle. After halo ce the black ice like traction slightly got improved with every halo but it's still crap in 4. The least 343 could have done is alter the appearance of all 3 hogs so their not identical to one another. Those gas cans are a bit too much too, if anything the missile hog should not have 4 gas cans,talk about a hazard.
---
Microsoft fans and Sony fans, can't we all just get along?...