How many are interested in a GameFAQs doubles tournament?

#1MrFish86Posted 9/8/2013 8:29:43 AM(edited)
Would you play in a GameFAQs doubles tournament? - Results (46 votes)
Absolutely!
28.26% (13 votes)
Sounds good to me, but I'm not sure.
19.57% (9 votes)
Ehh, I really don't care either way
13.04% (6 votes)
Probably not, but possibly.
8.7% (4 votes)
HAH!...... no....
30.43% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I was thinking of doing a doubles tournament with some nice prizes in the winter (late November-early January area), and I was going to surprise people with the thing, but I'm just not sure if there's enough people playing on these boards to hold this kind of thing at the moment. I thought that this poll could better serve to help make my decision on wether or not to host this thing. With the prizes I have in mind, I wouldn't want to end up having a tournament with just 6-8 teams or something. If we can manage to find 16+ teams then I'll consider doing this. However, this entirely depends on player interest.

Just a quick overview on some thoughts I had, would be to allow teams to have a MINIMUM of 1 GameFAQs user, so players can bring their non GameFAQs friends in with them (possibly bring in some new talent here). teams of 2 GameFAQs users would be fine as well obviously. Also, this tournament would run for about a week or so, that way players don't have to show up at a very specific time (like the last two failed 1v1 tournaments). The tournament would also be hosted during whatever week that the most amount of players can play in (probably during college vacation time).

So, if people are interested, or think this is a dumb idea, just let me know so that I can get a better opinion as to whether or not this would work.
#2bd0g5Posted 9/8/2013 9:21:42 AM
I don't know, yuropcanadia would sweep through the competition a bit too easily. I say we let those Americans try though.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#3TwoStrikes94Posted 9/8/2013 6:26:17 PM
i will be as soon as my xbox arrives

if it's too soon, then no bueno
---
http://i.imgur.com/U5y3b.jpg
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JoAQOiqKRg
#4Kpt_KapowskiPosted 9/8/2013 6:30:54 PM
Doubles > 1v1

but sadly, my internet is still terrible, so I'm out.
---
Lmfao I win
#5aHungee_YuropeePosted 9/8/2013 7:02:11 PM
bd0g5 posted...
I don't know, yuropcanadia would sweep through the competition a bit too easily

Honestly though, it would be an idea to restrict it to regs and people that have turned up to the previous tourneys. If you have a base of players that will defo turn up then you could possibly randomise the teams, unless of coarse you want yuropcanadia dominance.
#6MrFish86(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 7:58:50 PM
aHungee_Yuropee posted...
bd0g5 posted...
I don't know, yuropcanadia would sweep through the competition a bit too easily

Honestly though, it would be an idea to restrict it to regs and people that have turned up to the previous tourneys. If you have a base of players that will defo turn up then you could possibly randomise the teams, unless of coarse you want yuropcanadia dominance.

Oh I would definitely let people choose their own teams. Randomizing players together will make for a lot of frustration, and possibly even less of a desire to play. I would want people to bring their best team, and bring their best game. I would LOVE to host this tournament, but so far it's looking like not too many people are interested. Again, I would only do this with 16+ teams. 6-8 or so teams would make for a rinky dink tourney. I'll pay attention to see wether or not people get more interested in this or not though.
#7WARRlORPosted 9/8/2013 9:06:24 PM
Sign me and Yoshi up
---
https://vine.co/v/hiJwPeFPheI
GT: yPPoLs
#8__balePosted 9/8/2013 9:25:23 PM
lol me and swizzy would easily win this honestly
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#9aHungee_YuropeePosted 9/8/2013 9:47:58 PM
Blite n Squall will take dis no problem, if he plays.

Team yurop with the host box to win it all.
#10Scooby510Posted 9/9/2013 2:25:09 AM
__bale posted...
lol me and swizzy would easily win this honestly

drop the zero get with the hero bby
---
Lil B is my friend.
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/hamburglers