Halo 4 goty new details, release date.

#11gilgamesh21(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 2:54:35 AM
1. Will the content be shipped via dlc codes?
2. Fully compatible with the dlc already on the marketplace?
3. Will goty content become available on the marketplace also?
4. What does "includes Spartan Ops Season 1" actually mean?
- Does it just mean you can go download the second part off Xbox Live, or is it all on disc?
-Why would "includes Spartan Ops Season 1" be worth a "bullet point" for sale?
A: means it's all "on disc"?
B: means it's all playable offline via split-screen and System Link now?
C: Both?

This means a lot to me because I have people that don't even have "silver" accounts, that I want to play campaign, VS, and Spartan Ops with. Plus I don't want to pay for Gold (yes, I could afford it if I wanted) and don't want to be tethered to the internet all the time.

I got a lot of play out of offline Firefight and not only did they take that away, they stuck Spartan Ops behind a big Gold/Always Online pay wall.

Anyway, I hope these questions get answers soon.
#12gilgamesh21(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 5:17:57 PM
I sent an email to EBGames for any more info they can provide. They may not have any more info to give though.
#13aHungee_YuropeePosted 9/17/2013 6:21:02 PM
__bale posted...
>glorious america
>paves its own way
>haters jealous

Scotland is both known as Great and United due to being part of Great Britain and the United Kingdom. America is just United, doesn't have Great.

Get out of my way lesser americans.
#14aHungee_YuropeePosted 9/17/2013 6:21:03 PM
__bale posted...
>glorious america
>paves its own way
>haters jealous

Scotland is both known as Great and United due to being part of Great Britain and the United Kingdom. America is just United, doesn't have Great.

Get out of my way lesser americans.
#15That1GuyyPosted 9/19/2013 4:57:17 PM
Game of the Year edition coming out and it's only coming with three map packs. What a shame.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#16iRGushPosted 9/20/2013 8:52:40 AM
That1Guyy posted...
Game of the Year edition coming out and it's only coming with three map packs. What a shame.

comes with 4 you big noob
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#17Paper_Mario_4Posted 9/20/2013 5:11:20 PM
Hold on one second. Halo 4 goty? Not one video game magazine or website acknowledged H4 as 2012 GOTY...

Please tell me goty stands for something else and 343i isn't actually trying to deceive people now. Please tell me they aren't that dirty.
#18That1GuyyPosted 9/21/2013 7:26:26 PM
There is no universal Game of the Year award, so calling the game GotY is utterly meaningless regardless.

Additionally, a lot of AAA games release GotY editions regardless of critical reception. Not a big deal at all.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#19gilgamesh21(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 10:15:31 PM
Found this video on Youtube. Which led me to a Halo Waypoint Bulletin. I don't usually go to Halo Waypoint, but none of the media sites I go to for news said a thing about this. Annoying! I should have thought of it sooner.

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/09/04/The-Halo-Bulletin-9413.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoKFuuyjqtE

Includes:
Halo 4
Spartan Ops Season 1
War Games Map Pass
Champions Bundle

Master Chief Avatar Cloak
UNSC Avatar Shirt
Ghost Avatar Prop

Live Themes:
Haven Premium Theme
Longbow Premium Theme

Emblems:
Mjolnir
Spartan
BulletProof
Assassin
Bonebreaker

Armor Skins:
Hazop Forest
Oceanic Circuit
CIO Web
Venator Raptor
Gungnir Pulse

Helmets:
Locus
Deadeye

Weapon Skins:
Battle Rifle Arctic
Light Rifle Imprint

Looks like everyone with Fotus armor can breath a sigh of relief, you're still special!

No info yet on how these things are shipped. Most likely "on-disc", yet they still refer to "war games map pass", that still sounds like DLC code input to me.

I'm not happy about the extras. I don't care about Avatar items, Themes, or even skins really. I would have preferred armor/helmet pieces.

Still no word if "on-disc" Spartan Ops Season 1 means offline Spartan Ops.
#20betatechPosted 9/24/2013 6:04:19 AM
gilgamesh21 posted...
Still no word if "on-disc" Spartan Ops Season 1 means offline Spartan Ops.

This is what concerns me and is the reason I haven't bought the game yet (rented for SP, but that's it).

I don't want to have to buy XBL Gold for something that I'll only use offline, yes XBL Gold is only 33/year but that's still 33 that could be better spent (even when I had it for 2 for a month I barely used it) and as far as I know there are no technical reasons to require online, not even 'the power of the cloud!'.
---
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB, CM 690 II. Win7 x64.