Any underpowered weapons?

#1gundam911Posted 9/13/2013 4:49:00 PM
One of the things I don't like about Halo 2 and 3 are the fact so many weapons are just, well, underpowered.

For example, it shouldn't take like 50-60 successful shots with an assault rifle or 2-3 successful shots with a shotgun to kill a Brute. That's just ridiculous imo.

In the original Halo, I agree the pistol was just a little too good for being so powerful. But then in Halo 2 and 3, it was just plain awful how it became so very weak.

So, do you agree some of the weapons in Halo 4 are underpowered? Or are most of them just right when it comes to their stopping power?

I'm not trying to suggest Halo should be like COD where it only takes anywhere from 3-5 shots with an assault rifle or SMG to kill your average enemy. But having to shoot a Brute like 120 times with an SMG to kill it, is, as you might guess, quite ridiculous imo. It tests my patience way too much. I hope in this game, that's not necessarily the case. (Based on what I've seen and read, the Brutes don't make a return in Halo 4.)
#2xoAxeloxPosted 9/13/2013 5:02:05 PM
?

why are you measuring weapon strength on enemies in campaign LMAO
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#3elitewarrior500Posted 9/13/2013 6:49:22 PM
xoAxelox posted...
?

---
GT: LegendaryFalco
oh ok
#4HartsCreekByGodPosted 9/13/2013 7:47:19 PM
xoAxelox posted...

Yeah, campaign is a ridiculous way to measure weapon strength.

Everything except the BR, DMR, and maybe the power weapons is absolutely useless on there.
#5gundam911(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 8:08:52 PM
HartsCreekByGod posted...
xoAxelox posted...

Yeah, campaign is a ridiculous way to measure weapon strength.

Everything except the BR, DMR, and maybe the power weapons is absolutely useless on there.

Okay, so why do you say this?
#6Drag_ZEROPosted 9/14/2013 6:40:45 AM
Halo campaign weapons are never "balanced," they each excel in different areas to combat the wide variety of foes in the Halo sandbox. Example; rockets are good for Hunters, but you'd rather have a pistol when taking on Grunts.

To answer your question, the balance hasn't changed much.
---
One of these days, Valve will confirm Half-Life 3, but nobody will believe them and assume its another ruse.
#7Wolf_Ownz_UPosted 9/22/2013 9:31:52 PM
Get off Legendary. Get on Easy. That 120 shots to kill an enemy just became 3 shots. Problem solved.

But on a more balanced note Halo: Reach & 4 are best played on Heroic (according to the difficulty descriptions of the respected companies) & Legendary is for those who simply want something harder but not challenging. Activate skulls if you want challenging.