Do the people in charge want people to go COD or something?(DLC req)

#1GSPgreasesPosted 9/16/2013 4:32:01 AM
Is 343 that desperate for money? Killing off a popular mode just for DLC is ridiculous. I just logged on to play a quick game. There was like under 200 people in the Infinity slayer room. As you can see very few people are playing now. Hope no one buys the req DLC because its total BS move

COD doesnt even do this type of crap. If you have dlc you can go to the room with the dlc option, They dont completely kill a mode

i heard its temporary but still its ridiculous. This is why I'm not even considering buying a Xbox 1, its the same locked logic that MS wants on their consoles.

You can say ''dont play'' or ''stop being cheap'' but thats besides the point. Same Microsoft crap that makes people go to PS4 over XB1
#2Drag_ZEROPosted 9/16/2013 4:42:06 AM
Halo 3 had required DLC.

I'm just sayin'.
---
One of these days, Valve will confirm Half-Life 3, but nobody will believe them and assume its another ruse.
#3InsaneriderPosted 9/16/2013 4:46:58 AM
You don't get it. In CoD, the DLC maps turn up very frequently in the standard TDM playlist. In Halo, you rarely see them at all. I've seen Vertigo all of two times in Team Slayer since the Champion's Bundle launched and last night was the first time I'd seen Landfall turn up.

Do you want to know why this happens? Because the CoD base is buying the DLC and supporting their game but the Halo base, for whatever reason, is not. Oh, you have to spend $10 to play Team Slayer? Big whoop, I've spent $40 but cheapskates like you are making that a wasted investment so I'm glad 343 is making just one measley map pack required for one, just one, playlist.

If you're lucky, they might even discount it for you.
---
The word of the day is "Legs." Spread it around.
GT: TimoInsano
#4tubb311Posted 9/16/2013 5:56:02 AM
Insanerider posted...

Do you want to know why this happens? Because the CoD base is buying the DLC and supporting their game but the Halo base, for whatever reason, is not. Oh, you have to spend $10 to play Team Slayer? Big whoop, I've spent $40 but cheapskates like you are making that a wasted investment so I'm glad 343 is making just one measley map pack required for one, just one, playlist.

couldn't have said it better
---
GT: DonShetland
#5lderivedxPosted 9/16/2013 6:25:47 AM
How do you know that it's because Halo players aren't buying the DLC and not because 343i's matchmaking isn't set to match you with other players with the maps?
---
I love derive. I mean that in strictly the most clinical and professional sense possible, with no emotional, intimate, sexual, or any other undertones. -Lerthyr
#6GSPgreases(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 6:56:46 AM
tubb311 posted...
Insanerider posted...

You guys are sheep, how can you possibly think the way you do. Already paid 60 bucks for the game, I paid for XBL. I should be able to play online without buying extras just cause. I never buy map packs because i dont want or need them to play. Now im to blame because 343 couldnt come up with a better system?

I dont care if its 10 dollars or not. I have that to spare but im no way spending money on this crap. Why would i pay these guys , it will only encourage them to do this more often. Its a ploy to get more money.

Once the numbers continue to decline then what? i counted under 200 players in the mode. Its usually at 5k, do you think they number will be reached anytime soon?
#7Malak995Posted 9/16/2013 7:31:52 AM
Have you played Halo 3? I'm assuming not.

People like you really upset me because I have all the DLC and want to be able to play it in matchmaking, but I rarely see it when so many players don't have it. It's not like 343i didn't provide you with cheaper options either. You could have bought the Limited edition that had a pass, bought a war games dlc pass, or buy the new GOTY edition next month which provides so many extras. Just like insanerider said it is one playlist that is requiring DLC and it isn't even permanent, so stop complaining.
#8InsaneriderPosted 9/16/2013 7:53:34 AM
GSPgreases posted...
tubb311 posted...
Insanerider posted...

You guys are sheep, how can you possibly think the way you do. Already paid 60 bucks for the game, I paid for XBL. I should be able to play online without buying extras just cause. I never buy map packs because i dont want or need them to play. Now im to blame because 343 couldnt come up with a better system?

I dont care if its 10 dollars or not. I have that to spare but im no way spending money on this crap. Why would i pay these guys , it will only encourage them to do this more often. Its a ploy to get more money.

Once the numbers continue to decline then what? i counted under 200 players in the mode. Its usually at 5k, do you think they number will be reached anytime soon?

I don't understand the way you're thinking. You don't want new maps, new game modes, or even new armor? We're sheep because we want to upgrade our gaming experience? You bring shame on not just the Halo nation, but on gaming in general.
Also, where are you getting those numbers? I spent all day yesterday on Team Slayer and it was always hovering from 2k - 3k players the whole time and I have yet to see Big Team Slayer drop below 5k.

P.S. Yeah, you are a part of the problem so it kinda is your fault 343i has to do this.
---
The word of the day is "Legs." Spread it around.
GT: TimoInsano
#9aHungee_YuropeePosted 9/16/2013 7:54:27 AM
ITT poor kids crying
#10YellowPurplePosted 9/16/2013 8:35:01 AM
I don't play infinity slayer anyway, and I have no problem with paying 10 bucks for some maps, but I'm not gonna pay for maps on a game I don't play all the time when most of the maps don't even look fun to me. I already paid 60 for the game and Live, if the maps don't look good I'm not dropping the money. Period.