Do the people in charge want people to go COD or something?(DLC req)

#61Drag_ZEROPosted 9/23/2013 5:10:59 AM
I feel like the decision to make required DLC in this particular case may be a bad one, but its not the principle of the matter, or because Halo 4 is a bad game, but rather because simply there isn't a high-enough userbase. You can't fracture it further.
---
One of these days, Valve will confirm Half-Life 3, but nobody will believe them and assume its another ruse.
#62lderivedxPosted 9/23/2013 9:59:53 AM
TMoney650 posted...
Wolf_Ownz_U posted...
*sigh* looks like I gotta be the one to make people stfu with illogical nonsense...

So I logged on to Black Ops II yesterday noon time & looked at the total players online... 382k+. I repeat. Three hundred & eighty-two thousand plus. Alright. That's fine. Some time later I put in Halo 4. The only playlist OVER 1000 was Big Team at having around the usual 4,400 on that one playlist. Yeah.

This is to address any present & future trolls: Call of Duty is a better game. Want to argue with me? Stfu, look at the numbers, look at the two different player bases and how leagues apart they are even on their respected forums, do your owb research, then hit me up with something sensible.

I'll be waiting.

Quality =/= popularity

Miley Cyrus is not a good musical artist, yet ”Wrecking Ball” probably has 200 times as many views as your favorite song. ”Avatar” is not the best movie ever made. Just because it's popular doesn't mean that it's quality

He said better game. This doesn't necessarily imply "higher quality game."
---
"I think you must be pissing brain fluid or something, because nothing else would explain you losing your gaming prowess."-RAGEface14
gt: i derive dx
#63aHungee_YuropeePosted 9/23/2013 10:55:34 AM
lderivedx posted...
TMoney650 posted...
Wolf_Ownz_U posted...
*sigh* looks like I gotta be the one to make people stfu with illogical nonsense...

So I logged on to Black Ops II yesterday noon time & looked at the total players online... 382k+. I repeat. Three hundred & eighty-two thousand plus. Alright. That's fine. Some time later I put in Halo 4. The only playlist OVER 1000 was Big Team at having around the usual 4,400 on that one playlist. Yeah.

This is to address any present & future trolls: Call of Duty is a better game. Want to argue with me? Stfu, look at the numbers, look at the two different player bases and how leagues apart they are even on their respected forums, do your owb research, then hit me up with something sensible.

I'll be waiting.

Quality =/= popularity

Miley Cyrus is not a good musical artist, yet ”Wrecking Ball” probably has 200 times as many views as your favorite song. ”Avatar” is not the best movie ever made. Just because it's popular doesn't mean that it's quality

He said better game. This doesn't necessarily imply "higher quality game."

The voice of reason has returned ladies and gentlemen.

<3
#64TMoney650Posted 9/23/2013 4:16:49 PM
Doesn't ”better” imply higher quality though?
---
XBL: Rimshot 415
#65COG_KillaPosted 9/23/2013 4:47:14 PM
call of duty is better at having a higher population. it's better at making activision money.
---
Proud supporter of the Halo 4 GameFAQs board. Yes, even Rageface.
#66lderivedxPosted 9/23/2013 7:37:04 PM
TMoney650 posted...
Doesn't ”better” imply higher quality though?

Not necessarily. Better can mean a lot of things. Higher sales figures, larger profit/cost, higher online population, larger % of population retained, and the list goes on.

It's not like Halo is some unheard of game that relatively few people play, explaining the low MP population. Sure, CoD is more popular, but CoD's sales didn't crush H4's like CoD's current population is crushing Halo's.
#67Wookie_Is_BackPosted 9/23/2013 10:39:59 PM
lderivedx posted...
How do you know that it's because Halo players aren't buying the DLC and not because 343i's matchmaking isn't set to match you with other players with the maps?

This. Buying the maps in CoD sets an automatic filter that you used to even be able to turn off.
#68PlutoniumMSPosted 9/25/2013 10:43:43 AM
I imagine most of these people defending the paid DLC structure we've grown accustomed to were too young to remember the days when companies released map packs for games on the PC for free. It was a great feeling getting new content for a game that you had paid for, the day it came out, without having to throw away 10 dollars on what may potentially be and probably will end up being a mistake to have purchased in the first place.

If you want to buy DLC, by all means do so, but matchmaking systems that force people to either pay for them or not play are just plain stupid. They're marketing tools to get people to buy the maps, plain and simple. If a company cared about you or any other gamer out there, they'd increase frequency of the DLC maps in all of the playlists, instead of completely ousting a large group of their fans.

Honestly, you can defend the current paid DLC structure when you're seeing season passes show up months before the game even comes out? I swear I saw the CoD Ghosts Season Pass advertised on the dashboard, that game isn't going to be out for nearly a month and a half and I'm already being asked to throw my money at it. Greedy companies trying to take every last penny from you, and you're grinning and accepting it willingly, even defending them. Shame on you, sirs.
---
Xbox Live GT: I Dylan I
Currently playing: Halo 4
#69fiasco86Posted 9/25/2013 3:03:30 PM
Malak995 posted...
Have you played Halo 3? I'm assuming not.

People like you really upset me because I have all the DLC and want to be able to play it in matchmaking, but I rarely see it when so many players don't have it. It's not like 343i didn't provide you with cheaper options either. You could have bought the Limited edition that had a pass, bought a war games dlc pass, or buy the new GOTY edition next month which provides so many extras. Just like insanerider said it is one playlist that is requiring DLC and it isn't even permanent, so stop complaining.

I know what you're saying about wanting to play the maps you paid extra for. I was upset when I bought Reach DLC and never got to play the maps, which is actually the reason I won't buy Halo 4 DLC.

The problem here isn't players not buying the maps. It's Halo's matchmaking system being terrible. First off it's super slow. It can take up to 2-3 minutes to start a match sometime, whereas CoD literally takes seconds every time. Back to the matter at hand, though, Halo needs to matchmake based on whether or not players have the DLC, just as CoD does. CoD doesn't have to have DLC required playlists, because they make sure to put you in games with other players that have the same DLC. Why Bungie/343 haven't done this yet is beyond me.
---
Game Conquerors Top 100 Games of All Time
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBdvbVOHRybalW-7GExzgqbbBf1bGVV3L