Which takes more "strategy" Chess or Halo

#31Paper_Mario_4Posted 10/3/2013 3:00:54 PM
lderivedx posted...
Paper_Mario_4 posted...
From a mathematical standpoint, you can play chess and you have to think every second you are playing the game.

What the f*** does this even mean?

I was simply pointing out how you can think the game out algebraically. And if you aren't focused, every second of the game, you are more likely to lose. In H4, you can play mindlessly and still come out with wins. Shoot, sometimes you can just sit there and win.
#32lderivedxPosted 10/3/2013 3:13:08 PM
Paper_Mario_4 posted...
I was simply pointing out how you can think the game out algebraically.

Yeah, and I'm asking what this even means.
---
Also, we've already established that your amazing high skill 37 firmly establishes you as bad at Halo. - The Beanster
GT: i derive dx
#33__balePosted 10/3/2013 3:43:02 PM
Paper_Mario_4 posted...
lderivedx posted...
Paper_Mario_4 posted...
From a mathematical standpoint, you can play chess and you have to think every second you are playing the game.

I was simply pointing out how you can think the game out algebraically. And if you aren't focused, every second of the game, you are more likely to lose. In H4, you can play mindlessly and still come out with wins. Shoot, sometimes you can just sit there and win.

lol? you can play chess mindlessly and come out with wins, too. like for instance if i played mr fish in chess i could do like 6 separate things (having intercourse with lith's mom, smoking trees, beating jesse 1v1 in reach, etc) WHILE im playing and not think for more than any move for more than an instant and still crush him
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#34Paper_Mario_4Posted 10/3/2013 9:57:57 PM
lderivedx posted...
Paper_Mario_4 posted...
I was simply pointing out how you can think the game out algebraically.

Yeah, and I'm asking what this even means.

http://www.chesshouse.com/how_to_read_and_write_chess_notation_a/166.htm
#35Paper_Mario_4Posted 10/3/2013 10:00:37 PM
__bale posted...
Paper_Mario_4 posted...
lderivedx posted...
Paper_Mario_4 posted...

lol? you can play chess mindlessly and come out with wins, too. like for instance if i played mr fish in chess i could do like 6 separate things (having intercourse with lith's mom, smoking trees, beating jesse 1v1 in reach, etc) WHILE im playing and not think for more than any move for more than an instant and still crush him

No.
#36lderivedxPosted 10/3/2013 10:33:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#37lderivedxPosted 10/3/2013 10:35:15 PM
Paper_Mario_4 posted...
algebraically

This word doesn't mean what you seem to think it means.
---
Derive's posts are like orgasms... that actually revolve around logic and reasoning. I enjoy reading them. - MIxeD