Master Chief and Cortana getting redesigned

#1gundam911Posted 10/2/2013 4:30:15 PM
Why do they have to redesign Master Chief and Cortana in every game?

I know in the original game, MC's armor was a bit bulky, so it was a good thing they made it a "slim fit" in H2.

I dunno if the MC's armor in H3 is identical to the one in H2.

But in H4, his armor definitely got redesigned again for reasons I don't know and I think it should've remained the same since he is wearing the same thing from H3.

I actually do like how Cortana got redesigned for H2. Her "assets" got more pronounced and shaped.

I dunno if her physical appearance in H3 is the same as in H2, but in H4, her "assets" got even more pronounced and shaped. I like it. (Too bad we see won't her again.)

Anyway, I just hope from now on that MC and other characters don't change appearance-wise because to me, it sort of ruins the continuity between the games. It's like hiring a new actor/actress to fill in the same role except not really. After all, it's not like Nintendo changes the design of Mario and friends. (At least not since the N64 days.)

But now we just have to see what new leggy, busty friend MC will make in Halo 5... The guy needs to move on, you know, lol!
#2Doofe_2012Posted 10/3/2013 11:12:06 AM
Halo 1 to Halo 2, Master Chief's armor was upgraded from Mark V to Mark VI armor. It stayed the same from Halo 2 to Halo 3 except for graphical improvements. Then from Halo 3 > Halo 4, Cortana upgraded it to MJOLNIR GEN2 standards like the SPARTAN-IVs wear.

As for Cortana, that's all just being able to make her more detailed and realistic looking thanks to software improvements.
---
GT: ColossusCHD, playing Halo 4, ME3, Black Ops 2, DA2, DA:O, HAWX 2
The longer I run then the less that I find.
#3bd0g5Posted 10/3/2013 3:33:36 PM
halo 4 sucks i cant even play it anymore because wenever i see john halo i get really mad that he looks diferent now in halo 4 man y they have 2 do this **** im SO ****ing pissed they should just bring back halo reach because he was cooler alien killer
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#4ssj3bladePosted 10/3/2013 9:52:17 PM
You seem to be confused whether you like or dislike the aesthetical changes, and also seem to be unsure if things actually changed at all.
---
finalfantastica
#5DarkTyrantXPosted 10/4/2013 9:43:51 AM
I did not like some of the changes they did to the chief. Mainly the upper body armor and shoulder pads along with the back thruster. The thruster pops out too much,it should be flatter like in previous Halo games. The shoulder pads should not look like they are floating,they should be attached. The upper body armor needs more armor,it looks lame with just three strips of armor instead.
#6elitewarrior500Posted 10/4/2013 1:48:14 PM
bd0g5 posted...
halo 4 sucks i cant even play it anymore because wenever i see john halo i get really mad that he looks diferent now in halo 4 man y they have 2 do this **** im SO ****ing pissed they should just bring back halo reach because he was cooler alien killer

LOL
---
GT: LegendaryFalco
oh ok
#7JohnHalo343Posted 10/4/2013 2:28:44 PM
bd0g5 posted...

He gets mad every time he sees you.
---
Official Voice of the Xbox One Community
#8ThunderCavalierPosted 10/4/2013 7:43:59 PM
Meh, I don't care for either of the changes.
---
This sig will self-destruct in 3.... 2.... 1.... Thank you for your time. Cookie? ^_^