*Doubles Tournament (CANCELED)* Smaller prize tournament instead

#1MrFish86Posted 10/13/2013 6:43:00 AM
Well, as the title says, the Halo 4 doubles tournament that I was hoping to throw is now canceled. As much as I really REALLY want to throw a doubles tournament for this game with nice prizes, the interest in the game itself is dwindling more and more each day. With the prizes that I had planned for this thing it would have felt like a waste of money, and would have pissed me off way too much if there was a low turn out. What the plan is as of right now is to just sit and wait for Halo 5 to be released on the Xbox One, and host the big prize doubles tournament a couple months or so after it's release. If anyone was curious as to the prizes I was going to give out, the prize structure would have looked like this ...

1st: Custom Controller + 12 Month Gold Card
2nd: 12 Month Gold Card
3rd: $20 Amazon Card/ 1600 MSP

(x4) Lottery: $5 Amazon Card/ 400 MSP (given to players that place 4th and below, and show up to all their games)

As you can imagine, if this tournament went on and there were only 6 or so teams, It would just feel like a waste to me. The controllers would have been pretty damn nice too. No-slow wired controllers with a transforming D-pad, adjustment to the D-pad to make its button presses more responsive, aluminum thumb sticks, laser engraved back that says "GameFAQs Doubles Tournament Champion" and a custom paint job/ LED change. They would have been pretty nice! As I said above, the plan for now is to just have this tournament for Halo 5, and just make the custom controllers for the Xbox One instead of the 360. For those that are interested, here's an early mock up of what the controller would have basically looked like...

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/5419/n3mb.png

So although this big prize pool is canceled, I can still hold a mini doubles tournament for pride, and a smaller prize pool. This replacement tournament will probably happen late december/ early January area when people are more available to play due to vacation time from school/ work.

TL;DR: *No big doubles tournament for Halo 4 anymore
*I will do a smaller prize pool Halo 4 doubles tournament instead
#2aHungee_YuropeePosted 10/13/2013 6:48:04 AM
I upset am.
#3AzeiryousPosted 10/13/2013 8:58:32 AM
damn i didnt know you wanted to be that serious with it
#4jesse_skaterPosted 10/13/2013 10:15:02 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5COG_KillaPosted 10/13/2013 11:40:52 AM
that beast controller would've looked nice gathering dust while the ps4 was out.
---
Proud supporter of the Halo 4 GameFAQs board. Yes, even Rageface.
#6Scooby510Posted 10/13/2013 12:14:36 PM
H3 ffa tournament so i can hear all the nerds rage.
---
Lil B is my friend.
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/hamburglers
#7jesse_skaterPosted 10/13/2013 12:36:23 PM
Scooby510 posted...
H3 ffa tournament so i can hear all the nerds rage.

LOLno
---
GT: Jesse I3aker
#8TMoney650Posted 10/13/2013 2:05:50 PM
Damn Fish I'd down-size the prizes a bit...those are huge payouts for a tourney that will not likely be all that competitive. that said, those controllers sound pretty sick
---
XBL: Rimshot 415
#9jesse_skaterPosted 10/13/2013 2:14:36 PM
TMoney650 posted...
Damn Fish I'd down-size the prizes a bit...those are huge payouts for a tourney that will not likely be all that competitive. that said, those controllers sound pretty sick

did you even read his post? COME ON MAYN
---
GT: Jesse I3aker
#10TMoney650Posted 10/13/2013 2:43:06 PM
jesse_skater posted...
TMoney650 posted...

did you even read his post? COME ON MAYN

let me put it this way...

When halo 4 was released, the best 6 players on this board were yoshi, rob, bale, sloppy scooby and swizzy. One full year later, after the majority of the board left, this hasn't changed. None of the hundreds of casuals who start posting near the release of Halo 5 will be competitive in the tourney, the same people who were the best on the h3gb are the best now
---
XBL: Rimshot 415