I've been playing since launch day...

#1-Erika-Posted 10/22/2013 10:34:13 AM
And I still have no idea what thrust packs are for. The only use they have is sometimes dodging vehicles, but even then it's as random as jumping over vehicles killing you half the time,
---
Joshi Spirit
#2bd0g5Posted 10/22/2013 12:57:47 PM
-Erika- posted...
And I still have no idea what thrust packs are for. The only use they have is sometimes dodging vehicles, but even then it's as random as jumping over vehicles killing you half the time,

Yeah, you're doing it wrong.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#3COG_KillaPosted 10/22/2013 3:03:46 PM
it provides instant momentum change. try popping out from a corner and just moving like regular back into cover, then try popping out and use the thruster pack back into cover. it's much quicker, and it throws off an enemy's aim more reliably.

it also kind "catapults" you down if you start the boost right before going off a ledge.

it also pauses your ascent up a lift.
---
Official Founder of the Unofficial Iderivedx fanclub. Members: 1
#4-Erika-(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 3:56:43 PM
bd0g5 posted...
-Erika- posted...

Yeah, you're doing it wrong.

I'm doing it pretty much every way possible.

COG_Killa posted...
it provides instant momentum change. try popping out from a corner and just moving like regular back into cover, then try popping out and use the thruster pack back into cover. it's much quicker, and it throws off an enemy's aim more reliably.

it also kind "catapults" you down if you start the boost right before going off a ledge.

it also pauses your ascent up a lift.

I know all that, but that doesn't really seem like overt uses for the most part. And I'm not sure if "get back into cover after you peek out quicker" was really worth creating an armor ability for.
---
Joshi Spirit
#5COG_KillaPosted 10/22/2013 7:01:18 PM
oh no, it really helps with staying alive, staying alive, ah ah ah ah, staying alive, staying alive.
---
Proud supporter of the Halo 4 GameFAQs board. Yes, even Rageface.
#6That1GuyyPosted 10/22/2013 7:49:19 PM
Thrusting down ledges allows you to escape a chasing enemy faster, potentially saving you from death if you're one shot.

Pausing on a lift can cause a player at the top to waste his grenade if he was expecting you to pop out normally.

Thrusting adds another element to your strafe, and a better, more unpredictable strafe means you're harder to kill.

Thruster pack is probably the best armor ability other than see through walls mode.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#7Paczak_AttackPosted 10/22/2013 11:53:00 PM
Thruster Packs are the best!!!!
---
I'm > You.
#8Kpt_KapowskiPosted 10/23/2013 6:52:01 AM
-Erika- posted...

I'm doing it pretty much every way possible.

gonna need proof of that.
---
Its my own private pinewood Taj Mahal, except for the shape and the size.
#9-Erika-(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 6:47:56 PM
That1Guyy posted...
Thrusting down ledges allows you to escape a chasing enemy faster, potentially saving you from death if you're one shot.

Pausing on a lift can cause a player at the top to waste his grenade if he was expecting you to pop out normally.

Thrusting adds another element to your strafe, and a better, more unpredictable strafe means you're harder to kill.

Thruster pack is probably the best armor ability other than see through walls mode.

It's probably the least inherently useful though, as all the other ones have pretty simple, practical uses.
---
Joshi Spirit
#10__balePosted 10/23/2013 6:59:45 PM
-Erika- posted...
That1Guyy posted...

It's probably the least inherently useful though, as all the other ones have pretty simple, practical uses.

>prepared to reply to topic
>see OP's username is Erika
>x out
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO