Well I just got this game and

#1PyroSparkPosted 11/9/2013 12:17:53 PM
It's my favorite FPS hands down. I don't even like FPSes.

Fast paced, futuristic sh*t, with customizable armor? And I love all the little things like armor abilities and ordinances. Which is funny because it seems the old halo purist don't really like that? I can understand why, but to the average player, I'd like to think they're pretty damn fun.
---
"The more you make people cry = the better player you are." - Eternux
#2Gigant0pithecusPosted 11/9/2013 5:44:37 PM
I got the GOTY version a couple weeks ago, and It's my favorite Halo since Halo 2. I don't much care that there's ordinance drops or whatever; it works.

I also find the combat to be more satisfying, 'weighted' and 'solid' than Halo 3 or Reach. It's more on par with 2 as far as just sheer combat satisfaction goes.

The MP feels pretty balanced too. There's no real over-powered weapons from what I can tell. As for vehicles, you can excel in them with enough experience, or destroy them if you're a good shot with the plasma pistol.

But yeah I really enjoy the game as well.
---
XBL GT: Gigantopithecus
#3aByLiTyPosted 11/10/2013 2:26:28 PM
PyroSpark posted...
It's my favorite FPS hands down. I don't even like FPSes.

Fast paced, futuristic sh*t, with customizable armor? And I love all the little things like armor abilities and ordinances. Which is funny because it seems the old halo purist don't really like that? I can understand why, but to the average player, I'd like to think they're pretty damn fun.

the game was made for you, the casual "i don't like FPSs" crowd. So, glad you're happy.
---
I only play good games.
#4Kpt_KapowskiPosted 11/10/2013 5:07:59 PM
Lol
---
Its my own private pinewood Taj Mahal, except for the shape and the size.
lol GameFASCISM
#5phillyeagles123Posted 11/10/2013 6:09:57 PM
Careful, TC. The Halo 4 board is full of people who hate Halo 4. To them, your opinion is wrong, and to them, you are a filthy casual noob. Just a heads up.
---
I should go
#6kalem_manPosted 11/11/2013 9:13:21 AM
I got H4 on launch and have enjoyed it solidly, but up until recently, I had that "yeah, but H3 was better" mindset.

Then I went back and played H3.

Oh my god, what a mediocre experience. The movement and the handling are a strange mixture of sluggish and slippery, the netcode is AWFUL, matching takes forever, even with 10,000+ in a playlist, and the presentation just isn't as slick. Not to mention consistently dodgy spawns, AR starts (great in theory, but when the only weapons you want are the power weapons or a BR, it greatly limits the fun), 3/4 of games being on Snowbound, and did I mention that the netcode was awful? Yeah, I did. Well, the netcode is awful.

I think it's really easy to forget the things you disliked about the old renditions of these games, so when a new one rolls around there's a tendency to complain. Tbh, I would choose H4 over H3 any day. Sorry, but not even the epic nostalgia is enough to pull me back in.
#7lderivedxPosted 11/11/2013 12:06:16 PM
phillyeagles123 posted...
Careful, TC. The Halo 4 board is full of people who hate Halo 4. To them, your opinion is wrong, and to them, you are a filthy casual noob. Just a heads up.

Watch out, lest you cut yourself with all that edge.
---
You hate even numbers? Are you one of those people that only eats certain colors of M&Ms? -skiergamer23
GT: i derive dx
#8Blade_Runner_07Posted 11/12/2013 1:34:33 PM
Halo 3 is still my peak but Halo 4 is in no way the evil some make it out to be. Keep an open mind and nothing is as harsh as it seems. I believe in standards and for the most part, Halo 4 meets the standards.

Pros
Forge is a carbon copy of Reach.
Campaign is Par for the series.
Multiplayer is probably the best it's ever been for modern shooters.

Cons
Spartan Ops is a p!sspoor substitute for firefight.
Theater only cached the very latest game and overwrites it as soon as you star a new one and doesn't record campaign.
#9Kpt_KapowskiPosted 11/12/2013 3:57:20 PM
Blade_Runner_07 posted...
Halo 3 is still my peak but Halo 4 is in no way the evil some make it out to be. Keep an open mind and nothing is as harsh as it seems. I believe in standards and for the most part, Halo 4 meets the standards.

Pros
Forge is a carbon copy of Reach.
Campaign is Par for the series.
Multiplayer is probably the best it's ever been for modern shooters.

Cons
Spartan Ops is a p!sspoor substitute for firefight.
Theater only cached the very latest game and overwrites it as soon as you star a new one and doesn't record campaign.

LOL
---
Its my own private pinewood Taj Mahal, except for the shape and the size.
lol GameFASCISM
#10EternalDahakaPosted 11/13/2013 12:01:04 AM
kalem_man posted...
The movement and the handling are a strange mixture of sluggish and slippery,

Movement was always a weak point in Halo, which is a shame because it had a moderately unique arena shooter style. Adopting the military FPS sprint was an improvement, even if the series is headed more that way.

That "momentum drift" in 3 was weird. Always felt like you were on some type of ice.