Soooo, why do people hate this game?

#1SirPikachuPosted 11/14/2013 4:42:19 PM(edited)
I see nothing wrong with it, but then I see people saying "Wahhhh, Halo 4 ruined the series! It's the worst!"

Is it just cuz people are stupid and hate on whatever just because? or what? I love this game even though I can't really play online. I just play with friends and have lots of fun.
---
gat mi swaeg ohn, aint ekven gun tuch meh.
#2Blade_Runner_07Posted 11/14/2013 4:56:35 PM
Don't ask. If you don't get it but like this game then go like it and play it. If anyone is STILL here, complaining about a year old game they often claim is dead in the water then they arnt going to give you an opinion of sound mind.
#3EternalDahakaPosted 11/14/2013 7:00:56 PM
I don't know really, but it seems it's almost exclusively because of multiplayer. Something about how sprinting breaks map balance, or map design sucks or gun balance sucks. The first two I can't understand where that's coming from, and I just haven't paid enough attention to the balance to see anything majorly wrong.
Personally, my only real complaint was that out of the few matches I've played on this title(probably no more than 15) I only played like 3 different maps.

Or maybe people just hate that Bungie isn't the one making it.

Otherwise, the campaign is decently long and entertaining, level design is both aesthetically pleasing with nice layouts, and the music has the alien charm I wanted from Halo.

Kind of lame they didn't have a firefight mode, but I guess Spartan Ops was meant to be the equivalent.
#4__balePosted 11/14/2013 8:25:02 PM
halo 4 sucks and **** anyone who thinks otherwise
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#5TMoney650Posted 11/15/2013 6:57:00 AM
The multiplayer is a hybrid of CoD and Halo, adding in such features as ordnance drops, instant respawns, perks, sprint, flinch, etc., which decreases the skill gap. This was in an attempt to appeal to casual gamers, and while initially successful, the casual gamers didn't stick around when black ops 2 came out. Now just the veteran/competitive players were left, and at the time halo 4 had serious gun balancing/playlist issues. This turned off the vets, effectively killing the game despite good efforts on 343's part to clean up the mess they made.

tl;dr halo 4 sucks
---
XBL: Rimshot 415
#6BeekBeekDanPosted 11/15/2013 7:17:54 AM
TMoney650 posted...
The multiplayer is a hybrid of CoD and Halo, adding in such features as ordnance drops, instant respawns, perks, sprint, flinch, etc., which decreases the skill gap. This was in an attempt to appeal to casual gamers, and while initially successful, the casual gamers didn't stick around when black ops 2 came out. Now just the veteran/competitive players were left, and at the time halo 4 had serious gun balancing/playlist issues. This turned off the vets, effectively killing the game despite good efforts on 343's part to clean up the mess they made.

tl;dr halo 4 sucks

Wow well said. And agree that sprint ruins the already not great maps.
#7EternalDahakaPosted 11/15/2013 9:48:53 AM
TMoney650 posted...

tl;dr halo 4 sucks

Just because you have hate for CoD doesn't mean those decrease the skill gap. There are just as many competitive players in CoD[Battlefield as an extension] as there ever were in Halo.
These casual vs. hardcore claims are becoming scapegoats for personal preferences.
#8Kpt_KapowskiPosted 11/15/2013 10:02:53 AM
EternalDahaka posted...
TMoney650 posted...

tl;dr halo 4 sucks

Just because you have hate for CoD doesn't mean those decrease the skill gap. There are just as many competitive players in CoD[Battlefield as an extension] as there ever were in Halo.
These casual vs. hardcore claims are becoming scapegoats for personal preferences.

imagine actually thinking this.
---
Its my own private pinewood Taj Mahal, except for the shape and the size.
lol GameFASCISM
#9EternalDahakaPosted 11/15/2013 10:11:48 AM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
imagine actually thinking this.

What? Have you seen any of the actually competitive players in those games, or are you just imagining that the absolute entirely of the community is the stereotypical 12y/o kid?
#10phillyeagles123Posted 11/15/2013 10:54:47 AM
In short, people hate Halo 4 because it isn't Halo 2 or Halo 3.
---
I should go