The Flood

#1Anticitizen97Posted 11/18/2013 8:42:12 PM(edited)
What is the general view on the Flood, here on the Halo 4 board? I personally loved them, although their levels could have been done better. I always liked the idea of these highly virulent parasitic organisms ravaging entire planets, they added a sense of psychosis and fear that was otherwise non-existent in the series.
---
@(*.*)@ I'm on the karma payment plan.
Anticitizen stamps of approval given: 5
#2EternalDahakaPosted 11/18/2013 8:29:47 PM
I'm another Flood fan. They've always been a nice third party to mix up the Human vs. Covenant battle.

I thought 343 Guilty Spark in Halo: CE and Floodgate in 3 were my two favorite Flood levels.
The Library and Cortana could have been done better. They were both too drawn out for their own good.
I remember I liked at least one stage in 2, but they didn't have quite as much impact on the story. But I don't remember 2 all that much. The ability for infection Flood to reanimate corpses was a great touch.
#3DarkSlayer487Posted 11/19/2013 3:17:22 AM
I didn't like how in 2 and 3, you were able to simply melee a Infection form and kill it.

That was one of the reasons that the Flood made battles so hectic in CE. You HAD to have a close range weapon when Flood were around and if you didn't your ass got beat.
---
Proud owner of a LS1 powered Ram Air Trans Am
http://imgur.com/a/ugiNA
#4Blade_Runner_07Posted 11/19/2013 10:25:05 AM
In comparison the the Promethians I will gladly welcome the the Flood, Brutes and Etites etc.

I didn't like the accuracy the Prometheans demanded with the crawlers and watchers and didn't like the Knights teleporting and having the strength of something between a hunter and elite. It was ridiculous.

At least the Flood, Covenant, and Sentinels were straight forward enough I never felt I put 20 bullets in them just for them to heal up like I did nothing.

Still hate Buggers though. Hate them forever.
#5ThunderCavalierPosted 11/19/2013 11:37:41 AM
Blade_Runner_07 posted...
In comparison the the Promethians I will gladly welcome the the Flood, Brutes and Etites etc.

I didn't like the accuracy the Prometheans demanded with the crawlers and watchers and didn't like the Knights teleporting and having the strength of something between a hunter and elite. It was ridiculous.

At least the Flood, Covenant, and Sentinels were straight forward enough I never felt I put 20 bullets in them just for them to heal up like I did nothing.

Still hate Buggers though. Hate them forever.

This.

The Flood at higher difficulties were bullet sponges, but they were bullet sponges that had no AI beyond "Rush and Scream" and were a nice counterbalance to the highly futuristic Sentinels and the militaristic Covenant hordes. The Prometheans embody all of the most annoying traits of any FPS (the buggers that jump around, the buggers that fly around and RESURRECT things, and the guys that never die), and after one or two levels, they just become very annoying and a chore to slog through.
---
This sig will self-destruct in 3.... 2.... 1.... Thank you for your time. Cookie? ^_^
#6Razer1313Posted 11/19/2013 2:46:00 PM
Personally IMO, the flood are dead. Three games later those m-fers are dead. We killed them with a freaking halo ring. I enjoyed them especially their advanced abilities in 3. But its time to move on, I want to see this scary promethean advanced race duke it out with the now far advanced Unsc. In short, I loved them(and hated them) and I wouldn't mind seeing them return in a small capacity (oh look a parasite hid under rock/shield world) but itx time for bigger fish just because the flood are an old threat. Imagine the loss of closure if suddenly they're back and its like halo 123 were for nothing.
#7chaos259Posted 11/20/2013 3:20:45 PM
We still cant rule out the possibility of the flood returning. The forerunners kept some flood as specimens for research and those flood are still there on some forerunner planets just waiting to be released.
#8DarkSlayer487Posted 11/20/2013 6:54:16 PM
Razer1313 posted...
Personally IMO, the flood are dead. Three games later those m-fers are dead. We killed them with a freaking halo ring. I enjoyed them especially their advanced abilities in 3. But its time to move on, I want to see this scary promethean advanced race duke it out with the now far advanced Unsc. In short, I loved them(and hated them) and I wouldn't mind seeing them return in a small capacity (oh look a parasite hid under rock/shield world) but itx time for bigger fish just because the flood are an old threat. Imagine the loss of closure if suddenly they're back and its like halo 123 were for nothing.

Didn't you learn anything from Combat Evolved? Halo doesn't kill Flood. It kills their Food.
---
Proud owner of a LS1 powered Ram Air Trans Am
http://imgur.com/a/ugiNA
#9Razer1313Posted 11/20/2013 7:21:22 PM
The Halo fired in Halo 3 was special was it not. Because I'm pretty sure earth was being overrun by flood when the cheif left and then at the end its not. Yet everything NOT flood is there.
#10ThunderCavalierPosted 11/21/2013 9:59:43 AM
Razer1313 posted...
The Halo fired in Halo 3 was special was it not. Because I'm pretty sure earth was being overrun by flood when the cheif left and then at the end its not. Yet everything NOT flood is there.

Someone wasn't paying attention to the dialogue in Floodgate.

The original Flood-infected cruiser in Floodgate was detonated by Spark and the Elites, and then the surrounding region of New Mombasa was entirely glassed by Shadow of Intent and the rest of the Elite cruisers to ensure that no Flood specimens remained alive in Africa.

Then it is assumed that, as shown halfway through The Covenant, Gravemind ignored Earth to move all of his forces to the Ark because, well, the Ark is the greatest danger to his race. If loony Truth manages to take over the Ark and fire all of the rings, then he's screwed, hence why he teamed up with Chief and the Arbiter toward the end. Infecting Installation 00 would literally ensure that the Forerunner's greatest device could never be used against them.

As for Installation 04 (II), the Halo that was fired at the end of Halo 3, the detonation would have cleansed the surrounding area of all life, and the ring's premature firing ended up damaging the Ark and closing the portal, literally leaving the Flood in deep space without any sustenance, basically starving them.

And that's only Installation 05 (Halo 2's) Flood. We still got, like, five other Installations that probably have hibernating Flood spores, not to mention small Forerunner research facilities with Flood specimens, as shown in The Heretic and The Oracle in Halo 2.
---
This sig will self-destruct in 3.... 2.... 1.... Thank you for your time. Cookie? ^_^