(NO SPRINT) 2v2 GameFAQs Tournament III (LIVE BRACKET THREAD)

#1MrFish86Posted 12/19/2013 9:18:14 PM
The 20th of December is upon us, which means the GameFAQs 2v2 tournament can finally begin! Before I say anything else, here are some VERY important links that you’ll need for this tournament…

!!!!!IMPORTANT LINKS!!!!!
Brackets: Challonge.com/GFT3 <------VERY IMPORTANT LINK!!
Maps: tiny.cc/GFT3Maps
Settings: tiny.cc/GFT3Settings

IMPORTANT NOTES:
1) Make sure you use those links, ESPECIALLY the link to the brackets. The brackets will always show you who you’re assigned to play!

2)Please note that this is a double elimination tournament! To those unfamiliar with what this means, it means that you have to lose to TWO separate teams before you’re eliminated. 1 loss sends you to the losers bracket, and 2 losses means you’re eliminated from the tournament entirely.

3) Maps will be played in the following rotation:
Game 1: GFT3 Onyx (GFT3 SLAYER)
Game 2: GFT3 Simplex (GFT3 CTF)
Game 3: GFT3 Haven OR GFT3 Abandon (GFT3 SLAYER)
Game 4: GFT3 Simplex (GFT3 CTF)
Game 5: GFT3 Haven OR GFT3 Abandon (GFT3 SLAYER)

The winners of Game 1 will choose to play on either Haven or Abandon for Game 3 (should there be a Game 3). In the Winner’s/ Loser’s/ Grand Finals, Game 5 will be the remaining map that has yet to be played. So if Haven is played on game 3, then Abandon is played on Game 5

4) Each normal round will be played as 2/3 set (first team to win 2 games wins the round, and advances). Winner’s/ Loser’s/ Grand Finals will be played as 3/5 sets (first team to win 3 games wins the round and advances).

*REPORTING MATCHES*
After each round is completed, notify me of who won the game and include the wins and losses of that relevant match. So for example, you could say "vBlite + Darkened Knight won 2-1" or "We lost 2-1" or whatever. Just please message me some way (Say your gamertag if you plan to post results on GameFAQs, since a lot of your gamertags are different from your message board names (the easier you can make it for me, the better!). Also when sending in match results via XBL.... NO VOICE MESSAGES!!! Voice messages can easily get messed up, so definitely avoid them, and send text based messages instead. Once I receive your message, I will then adjust the brackets as soon as I possibly can, and you will be able to see who your next opponent is.

Since as of this post, the official brackets have been posted, everyone can play their matches starting right now! Keep in mind that in an online game someone will pull host, someone will not. Host obviously has the advantage, but this is unavoidable in an online tournament. so don't be butthurt over something like that, it's just how thing's go.

Round 1 Opponents:
A) Knole Train + Choobaca………......vs………… ..B5Dog + Swizzy Dangles
B) Ayy Scooby + Sanzaru………....….vs…………... Vivala Ty 25 + gamecore97
C) Mr Fish 68 + Jesse I3aker…….......vs…...……...Wolfi Kurisu + CavalGoloso
D) Endless Mythic + DC FiskarNN……vs……….....bale elab bale + yPPoLs
E) Dopp1eg4nger + MasterKos25……vs……….....Rhino 9O8 + XxKittySenxX
F) vBlite + Darkened Night…………....vs………….. II Rippon II+ IX Sn1per XL
G) itz DeADiCaTiON + unreal nv…..…vs…..…........AJM Ruler + LAWL Sulli

***The team of ROB THE TURTLE + Yoshi Eats have been given the higher seed, and a bye due to placing 1st and 2nd in the most recent tournament. They will have their first game in round 2 in game “H.”
#2WARRlORPosted 12/19/2013 9:21:28 PM
first
---
https://vine.co/v/hiJwPeFPheI
GT: yPPoLs
#3MrFish86(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2013 9:22:39 PM
Questions and Answers:

Q: We just finished our first game, how do we report it?
A: You can either send me PM, an XBL message, or post on the boards telling me what the overall round score was (ie: We won 2-1, or we lost 0-2, etc.). You can post the game link if you want, but it’s not 100% necessary.

Q: My partner backed out of the tournament even though we’re still in it, what do I do?
A: you can try and find a partner, but if another team is waiting on you, you better hurry up. You cannot form teams out of players that are already in the tournament. So say I immediately, and you make it to the finals, you can not pick me up as a partner.

Q: Both of our teams agree that your maps and setting choices are stupid! Can we just play whatever we want?
A: No. Stick to the map rotation. Any maps played out of rotation will NOT count, and will be seen as a practice match. So familiarize yourselves with the map/ setting rotation.

Q: We just had a tie, what do we do?
A: Slayer ties, load up another game and play first to 10. CTF ties, load up a game, and first cap wins.

Q: I am lagging like CRAZY! This is not fair, what can I do?
A: Nothing. This is an Internet tournament; lag is bound to happen at some point. Just do your best.

Q: The lag was so bad in our game that we disconnected, is there anything that we can do?
A: If there is a legitimate disconnect, then load the game back up with the previous game’s score in mind. So if the DC happened in a slayer game with a score of (red team 20) – (blue team 17), then the red team needs 5 more kills, while the blue team needs 8 more kills.

Q: I am almost positive that the other team is pulling the plug on their Ethernet chord, or powering off their Xbox to fake a disconnect… What can we do?
A: If a team is found to pull shady shenanigans like this, then they will lose the game on the first offense, and will be kicked out the tournament entirely on their second offense. This was an issue late in the last tournament, and it’s pretty clear to tell if the disconnect was intentional or not when looking at a player’s game history on Waypoint.

Any other questions that you have about this tournament, feel free to ask, and I'll answer it as soon as I can. Use this thread to report matches as they are played.

BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE!
#4abressonPosted 12/19/2013 9:24:47 PM
That's a fun round 2 for the top half of the bracket
---
I think I thought about who is I was
Gt: Seeemorebutss
#5Scooby510Posted 12/19/2013 9:32:04 PM
Anyone wanna get some practice games in right now? Sanzaru and I are on.

Unless Gamecore and his team8 want to play
---
Lil B is my friend.
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/hamburglers
#6jesse_skaterPosted 12/19/2013 9:46:02 PM
i down to play a couple games now if fish wants to
---
GT: Jesse I3aker
#7__balePosted 12/19/2013 9:53:10 PM
i hope you know rob and yoshi arent an actual team.
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#8__balePosted 12/19/2013 9:54:03 PM
also looks like me and blake have a free pass to the winners finals lol is there anyone good in this tourney?
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#9jesse_skaterPosted 12/19/2013 9:54:31 PM
__bale posted...
also looks like me and blake have a free pass to the winners finals lol is there anyone good in this tourney?

sup
---
GT: Jesse I3aker
#10__balePosted 12/19/2013 9:56:58 PM
jesse_skater posted...
__bale posted...

sup

i think my record against you in halo is about 275-10
---