Haters Gonna Hate

#21Razer1313(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2014 9:37:55 PM
yoshiisback posted...

Cliffy b (lead developer for gears of war) said you make too many changes, one group hates you, you make too few changes, the other group hates you. It's so difficult to hit that optimum sweet spot on top of an obvious rush/ lack of resources while in development.

I'm sure 343 isn't happy about the state of their game, but I have some sympathy for how hard development is when so many opinions are thrown at the pressured lead devs at once.

This, thank you. This logic is why I have not given up on 343 they at least have the heart for the game. They WANT to make it good and are TRYING.
---
GT: SleazyCrowd72 add me for GTAOnline Halo 4 Splinter Cell BL, Ghost Recon FS, Minecraft C&C3 GoW3 and occasionally BO2.
"Try hard but have fun"
#22DvoloS88Posted 1/4/2014 8:44:53 AM
Razer1313 posted...
Haters are going to hate. I played beat Halo CE & anniversary on Legendary and logged dozens of multiplayer hours; I loved it and still do. I beat Halo 2 on heroic (if you tried it on legendary you would understand why) and logged a hundred plus multiplayer hours; I loved I and still do. I beat Halo 3 on legendary and logged more than a hundred multiplayer hours; I loved it and still do. I beat Halo odst on legendry and logged a hundred plus hours of of multiplayer; I loved it and still do. I beat Halo Reach on legendary and logged hundreds of multiplayer hours; I loved it and still do. I beat Halo 4 on Legendary and am logging dozens soon to be hundreds of multiplayer hours; and guess what? I love it. I have logged hundreds of multiplayer hours and dozens of campaign hours on COD BO, Ghost Recon (several new titles), Gears of War 2 and 3, GTA IV and V, and last but not least Battlefield 3.

My point is, I've spent a lot of time on most if not all of the major multiplayer titles on Xbox and their campaigns which means I have broad and lengthy experience across all the games. And with that I say, Halo is still my favorite from start to finish and I think the inexperienced 343i is moving the series forward. Despite what the (surprisingly numerous) critics say.

Thing is, I can understand frustrations with the very new and redesigned game design. But I do not get people who say "343i has ruined Halo" (usually in a very dramatic way). Personally, this is a step forward. If you liked the old style which has been virtually unchanged for a decade. Go play the dated Halo 1,2, and 3 titles. Its time to move on. Sorry you don't like it, but I do-very much.

The bottom line is lack of maps, variety and balance with power weapons is what really hurt this games mp IMO. I don't hate it or think it's awful but I did lose interest quicker that any other halo. I personally liked H4 better than reach but for some odd reason I feel like I played reach more.
---
Microsoft fans and Sony fans, can't we all just get along?...
#23TheDudeGamesPosted 1/5/2014 10:24:39 PM
while ive played(and still do, rarely) 4 and had some fun with it, its not the same, at all, and it feels nothing like halo. i was excited for halo 4, as halo has been my favorite series for quite some time, but what i got doesnt feel like halo, its call of duty: in space. went back to reach, which feels way more like halo then this game ever will.
---
The Dude abides, and The Dude games.
#24Razer1313(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2014 2:25:05 PM
Frankly its nice to have some none critical level headed responses.
---
GT: SleazyCrowd72 add me for GTAOnline Halo 4 Splinter Cell BL, Ghost Recon FS, Minecraft C&C3 GoW3 and occasionally BO2.
"Try hard but have fun"
#25logannhunterPosted 1/6/2014 9:14:52 PM
343 is moving Halo forward? Until there is more information about Halo 5 I can't see any proof of that.
---
"Bite me, Garrus. Better yet, bite her. Probably how she likes it." Jack
#26Urdnot_RuntPosted 1/11/2014 2:06:22 AM(edited)
Razer1313 posted...
Well what would suggest they do? Change nothing from halo 2 or 3? rd.

Just change a little bit from Halo2/3 and NOT copy Call Of Duty.

I would play the F*** out of a better version of H2/H3 with improved physics and graphics.

Razer1313 posted...
Its been a decade, they had to do something, they had to build from what bungie did with reach or it would appear to be a step backwa

Most halo fans agree that Halo Reach itself was a step backward, H4 is another step backwards even farther.

They took something that worked great, tried to fix it and ended up breaking it. They should have put Armor Abilities on the map to be picked up and only in certain playlists. Starting camo/DMR, bullets slowing you down(wtf), the chance to be rewarded a rocket launcher just for getting a couple kills and a bunch of assists- those are just terrible gameplay choices.

I really hope they go more in the classic barebones halo direction with the next game and implement changes that actually enhance the core halo gameplay instead of just copying all the changes right from call of duty.
---
GT: gethtones
#27Razer1313(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2014 10:22:22 AM
I'll admit lately I've been playing a lot of team slayer and its freaking irritating when someone who sucks keeps getting killed again and again without making any kills so next thing I know people are stomping around with over shields shotguns and railguns and I have to work my frigging ass off just to kill them without dieing 2 or 3 times..
---
"Try hard but have fun"