GFT3 (Final Standings)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. GFT3 (Final Standings)
2 years ago#1
The GameFAQs Tournament III (No sprint, 2v2 edition), has finally come to a close! This tournament was a different format from the other tournaments I've ran before, so it was a learning experience for me. Overall, the tournament ran fairly smooth, but the flaws of the laid back format became more and more apparent as the tournament came closer to a closing date. Some players couldn't make their times, some players got screwed over by circumstance, but most players seemed to have a good time. So the tournament felt more successful than not (especially for being played on a "dead" Halo title!), but I see plenty of room for improvement.

Here are the official standings of the GFT3 tournament:

1st place ($20/ player): GFT3 CHAMPIONS!!!: (Ayy Scooby + Sanzaru)
2nd place ($10/ player): (bale elab bale+ yPPoLs)
3rd place ($5/ player): (B5Dog + Swizzy Dangles)
4th place: (Mario Eats + Yoshi Eats)
5th place: (itz DeADiCaTiON + unreal nv)/ (Vivala Ty 25 + gamecore97)
7th place tie: (Mr Fish 68 + Jesse I3aker)/ (Knole Train + Choobaca)
9th place tie: (vBlite + Darkened Night)/ (Dopp1eg4nger + MasterKos25)/ (Rhino 9O8 + XxKittySenaxX)/ (II Rippon II + IX Sn1perXL)
13th place tie: (Endless Mythic + DC FiskarNN)/ (AJM Ruler + Lawl Sulli)/ (Wolfi Kurisu + CavalGoloso)

Congratulations to Scooby and Sanzaru for making a massive comeback from the loser's bracket! I am in the process of editing together some captured footage, that I will post a later time. The prizes will be given out either tomorrow or the following day. It'll mainly depend on how fast bing rewards gives me some of these amazon points.

So thanks to the players that participated in this tournament, I was pretty surprised with the number of players we managed to get for this. I will host another tournament, but not for a LONG time ::cough cough:: Halo 5 ::cough cough::.
2 years ago#2
congrats to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Thanks again for running this fish. I was on the fence about joining at first, but im glad i did
---
GT: Jesse I3aker
2 years ago#3
Glad you did too, I had a good time running as many double games as we did.
2 years ago#4
Thanks again Fish, It was fun.
The series between bdog and Swizzy was some of the best Halo I've played since 3.

GG's to everyone. (except the Shazam dude, he sucks.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY
---
Lil B is my friend.
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/hamburglers
2 years ago#5
Thank you for running the tournament my man. It was fun and I'm glad you decided to go with GOAT no sprint settings.

It was fun to finally play halo 4 competitively on good settings but does anyone want to play reach 2v2s again?

Scooby510 posted...
Thanks again Fish, It was fun.
The series between bdog and Swizzy was some of the best Halo I've played since 3.

GG's to everyone. (except the Shazam dude, he sucks.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY

Good games and good **** coming back from losers and also being down 2-0 in the series we played :( It was fun playing that crazy series the second time around.

I must also talk **** to that guy later
2 years ago#6
gg to all. i know a lot of people thought lith + lith was a joke entry, but we sure showed them!!
2 years ago#7
I'm sending out prizes now. Bdog, your $5 canadian amazon card has been PM'd to you, and Scooby, your $40 amazon (US) card has been PM'd to you. Bale, Sloppy, and Swizzy, your gift cards will be from Bing rewards, so it'll be a little longer (you'll have them by tomorrow). I'll post in here again when the remaining prizes have been sent out.
2 years ago#8
The Bing codes came in early. So everyone that is expecting a prize from the tournament, check your PM inbox on here, and it should be there. Enjoy!
2 years ago#9
awesome stuff fish, thanks for a great tourney (again). ggs to everyone we played, was a good time
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
2 years ago#10
ggs all around, great tournament fish
---
Nothing is overpowered in a single-player game. -gunsndroses
GT: Swizzy Dangles
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. GFT3 (Final Standings)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived