Is it worth getting into the multiplayer now?

#1Nova EXPosted 1/12/2014 7:22:51 AM
Granted, ive never been good at Halo's multiplayer system, but I still enjoy it. If I jumped in now, would I stand any chance at improving? Or is everyone basically top tier right now and ill be getting my ass kicked every match?

Likewise I dont have the DLCs and I saw that there is a bit of controversy surrounding the fact if you dont have the DLC, it prevents everyone else from playing the DLC. How big of an issue is this?
---
Its not about strength or power, you gotta be fluid, you have to be like water.
#2Drag_ZEROPosted 1/12/2014 8:33:03 AM
You don't need the DLCs. In fact, don't buy the DLCs. I bought the Season Pass and have yet to play on a single DLC map outside the DLC-only playlists they used to have.

Also you can jump in, there are still a lot of people who suck
---
One of these days, Valve will confirm Half-Life 3, but nobody will believe them and assume its another ruse.
#3PikanRikanPosted 1/12/2014 1:25:50 PM
I'm terrible at this game and I still have fun playing. Granted there are some excellent players out there that will wipe the floor with you but if I recall, the Competitive Skill Rank (CSR) system tries it's best to match you with players closer to your skill level...and that seems to be the case for me quite often. The only exception is when I party up with friends who are much higher ranks than me...then I'm just a bullet sponge.
#4Killean_NuggetsPosted 1/12/2014 1:30:16 PM
PikanRikan posted...
I'm terrible at this game and I still have fun playing. Granted there are some excellent players out there that will wipe the floor with you but if I recall, the Competitive Skill Rank (CSR) system tries it's best to match you with players closer to your skill level...and that seems to be the case for me quite often. The only exception is when I party up with friends who are much higher ranks than me...then I'm just a bullet sponge.

http://puu.sh/6h5dL.jpg

No.
---
vBlite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvMkGxYb29c
#5PikanRikanPosted 1/12/2014 2:06:29 PM
Killean_Nuggets posted...
PikanRikan posted...

http://puu.sh/6h5dL.jpg

No.

Well, whatever the case may be, I find opponents on the other team to be closer to my skill level when I don't party up with my high ranking friends...most of the time.

Going back to TC's question, not everyone who plays Halo 4 regularly online is some kind of super pro so try it out and have fun.
#6spartanmkPosted 1/14/2014 12:26:40 AM
Came back to the series recently myself. 9/10 games were filled with "low-tier" players. Maybe it's a hidden rank system in place?