Hi guys, what do you think?

#1sulli15Posted 1/23/2014 10:59:49 AM
Is there a point where someone will just stop getting better no matter how much they play? - Results (58 votes)
Yes, I believe people have a ceiling they hit, at which point they stop getting better.
44.83% (26 votes)
No, I believe everyone has limitless potential to continue improving if they care to try.
36.21% (21 votes)
LAWL SULLI SUCKS AND WILL FOREVER BE CONSISTENTLY AVERAGE AT HALO!
18.97% (11 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Been randomly playing some Halo again and while generally it's just me destroying bad kids, a few games here and there I get absolutely demolished. I would say I've put a pretty fair amount of time into the Halo series, yet never felt like I was really improving at all. Halo 2 was the only game where I felt like I got noticeably better at, since then it's just been me seemingly being about the same skill level as always.

Anyway, just curious on all your thoughts on the subject. I've only been working like 3 hours a day since it's the slow time at my job, so I'm really bored lately and probably thinking too much about something like this, but whatever.

Also, I miss you guys! (Especially you, Mr Fish!)
---
GT: LAWL SULLI
#2Urdnot_RuntPosted 1/23/2014 11:10:23 AM(edited)
It's a soft ceiling.

People who are really good won't just stop getting better but have less room to improve so they will only get slightly better over time.

A brand new player's skill probably doubles in the first few months of playing. A pro will get a tiny bit better in the same timeframe.
---
GT: gethtones
#3MrFish86Posted 1/23/2014 11:33:15 AM
If you only focus on one aspect of your game, then yes, I do believe you can hit a wall in terms of skill. Most people look at FPS games, and figure that as long as their shot is good, then their game is perfect. You need to practice your shot, try different opening strategies, learn nerd nades for games like KoTH or Extraction (well... I guess you won't get to play that much, but still!), practice jumps to give you new routes on each map (Haven's bottom gap to top gap comes to mind), and learn sight lines for every map.

There are a lot of things to learn to improve your game, so if you feel like you've hit a wall, change your focus to something different, and go from there.

Also, I'll be back on Halo again soon I'm sure. I'll shoot you some invites when I get back to it!
#4Killean_NuggetsPosted 1/23/2014 11:55:24 AM
Urdnot_Runt posted...
It's a soft ceiling.

People who are really good won't just stop getting better but have less room to improve so they will only get slightly better over time.

A brand new player's skill probably doubles in the first few months of playing. A pro will get a tiny bit better in the same timeframe.

Why are you still so bad then?
---
vBlite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvMkGxYb29c
#5COG_KillaPosted 1/23/2014 10:06:43 PM
Killean_Nuggets posted...
Urdnot_Runt posted...
It's a soft ceiling.

Why are you still so bad then?

His ceiling's got his knees in his throat.
---
When i'm alone I strip, cover myself with Vaseline, lay in my neighbor's garden and pretend I am a slug.
#6__balePosted 1/23/2014 10:58:15 PM
okay here we go, here's a serious post for all you randoms

there's a few ceilings each halo player reaches.

the first stage is where 95% of halo players reside. you cant shoot, you cant move, you cant do anything. hello rageface, darren, all other randoms

the second stage is where your shot becomes pretty solid but you still play like an idiot. i.e. you typically 5-6 shot and you might hit one nice snipe shot every time you pick it up but your map movement is still iRGush status (this is where like all gfaqs kids reside, like sulli, rimshot, falco, etc)

the next stage is where your map movement improves to nearly bdog stage, where you start to move with teammates, but usually your just up your teammates ass and your shot hasn't improved much (blite, fish)

the next stage is where you become bdog, your shot is on point, i.e. nice 4 shot BR, usually hit most of your snipe shots, but your movement is still avg at best (bdog, jesse)

now your movement is starting to improve, your starting to realize omg there's 2 at hawk, and my teammate is pushing blue street from blue ramp and i just spawned, HOLY **** i'm going to push top mid and flank these ****s at hawk and **** them and 4 em (sanzy type player)

the next stage, now that you've learned how to play halo with a team, is to make your shot impeccable. now you four every single damn time. you hit at least 50% of your snipes. you hit every snipe/railgun/rocket shot when the other player isn't ready, and now you even hit that sick shot that makes you scream for you mom to come watch your film. (blake, me, swizzy)

the final stage is to really learn every single situation, where you should be moving every time, depending on where your teammates are, and you literally four every time and hit 75% of your snipes. this is pro status and i am not there, contact yoshi for more information. (yoshi, rob)

i think playing more helps, but its more about maturity and knowledge and wisdom rather than mere play time. i played more when i was 16-18 then when i was 20-22. but between 16-18, i pretty much never improved, whereas at age 22 I'm as good as I've ever been and I really think there's only the top players in the world that I can't hang with (i.e. the pros whose name you know). okay buh bye
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#7lderivedxPosted 1/23/2014 11:56:35 PM
thank you based bale
#8Scooby510Posted 1/24/2014 1:08:26 AM
that feel when you aren't cool enough to get mentioned in bales post :(
---
Lil B is my friend.
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/hamburglers
#9abressonPosted 1/24/2014 1:45:04 AM
Scooby510 posted...

I feel ya man
---
I think I thought about who is I was
Gt: Seeemorebutss
#10__balePosted 1/24/2014 9:00:00 AM
Scooby510 posted...

too good for me, i cant even dare to act like i understand your skill in halo
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO