Who would want to skip ANY of the Chronological Halo games? It makes NO sense.

#1Senior_BonezPosted 7/10/2014 12:12:36 PM
I'm kind of tired of seeing people who ask about the previous games get told they're crap because they're old or they don't offer multiplayer due to the age-old servers being taken down. For anyone who's actually a fan of Halo's story or the arc of any of the characters, you owe it to yourself to play the originals and see what they're about. Sorry you missed the boat for Halo 2's multiplayer and sorry you can't understand Halo 3's story due to only growing up with an xbox 360, but they're all compatible and the single player is still a solid story...even if it mostly involves kicking alien a...ss. Anyone who's got a gripe on the story of halo, was obviously never that big a fan to begin with. While I'm sure it's not a movie's quality story, this is the best at immersing you into the games and giving you the best narrative of 'almost' any video game.
---
Stop looking at the art In a game, and start looking at the game As art.
#2lderivedxPosted 7/10/2014 12:42:49 PM(edited)
why is it the people who post topics like this think they have to censor "ass?"

and if you claim the halo games have a good story, you must have a low standard for good story.
#3bd0g5Posted 7/10/2014 12:56:42 PM
TC seems upset about something :(
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#4lel_ninoPosted 7/10/2014 5:12:46 PM
lderivedx posted...
why is it the people who post topics like this think they have to censor "ass?"

greatest gt I ever had was "ASSASSASSASSASS"

they never made me change it either
---
"Luv spencer Oetjen. Go bears." - yPPoLs, 2014
#5BloitePosted 7/10/2014 5:51:48 PM
If you buy halo for the god awful story, then you are doing it wrong.
#6Senior_Bonez(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 6:58:04 AM
I censor it cause the last time I didn't it wouldn't even let me post it, the dicks.

And it's a simple story. Not all great stories have to be novels. Too much story can kill a good game. If you want complex then go play your Bioshocks. Great games too, by the way.
---
Stop looking at the art In a game, and start looking at the game As art.
#7That1GuyyPosted 7/12/2014 12:19:36 PM
Halo has a pretty replayable campaign, so I think it's completely fair for someone to say they bought the game for the singleplayer.

Goddamn Scots hating on everything.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#8MR_SNUGGLETONSPosted 7/13/2014 9:32:39 AM
Bloite posted...

No
---
RIP Grandpa 1936-2013
#9dutch2099Posted 7/15/2014 4:15:48 AM
Bloite posted...

Your example of a "good" sci fi video game story then?? If Halo's story is crap, then I'd like to hear your ideal frontrunner.
---
Vae Victus, it is I who throws sword upon scale.
GT:Dutch2099, PSN: Dutch2099 Unofficial Gen 10 tryhard of the Titanfall boards
#10lderivedxPosted 7/15/2014 9:13:44 AM
anything with character development