what order to play these games

#1BDOG2548Posted 8/12/2011 10:47:49 PM
getting a ps3 and want all the god of war games but dont know what order to get them in so which order should i get and play them in?
---
---
[]D[][]V[][]D
#2Neme79Posted 8/13/2011 5:04:14 AM
Chains of Olympus
God of War
Ghost of Sparta
God of War II
God of War III
---
You've never seen Biohazard like this before
#3LordoftheCastlePosted 8/13/2011 12:05:18 PM
Production order.

Anything else is wrong, especially those silly people that insist on playing the games based on where they fall chronologically.
---
Meet me bak at mah castle 4 sum wiked storwies...
There will be delicious /cake/ :3
#4MrStarkillerPosted 8/13/2011 6:44:39 PM
^I'd say this, but that would imply I want to replay CoO or GoS. Because I don't. Yet I might just end up having to (PAIN+ business with one and run skeleton work on the other).
#5xOmniCloudxPosted 8/13/2011 7:55:07 PM(edited)
LordoftheCastle posted...
Production order.

Anything else is wrong, especially those silly people that insist on playing the games based on where they fall chronologically.

As a person who played and beat all the games in production order I can say that this statement is BS. You can play them in production or story order and it will ruin NOTHING. Chains of Olympus before GOW doesn't do anything to GOW at all. It may as well have not have happened and it is only slightly referenced in GOW III by Helios and Hades for obvious reasons. Ghost of Sparta only further explains why Kratos went as far as he did in GOW II meaning it makes GOW II make MORE sense.

I honestly say story order in this scenario is the slightly better way to go. But regardless, production order isn't an issue either.

So
CoO
GOW
Ghost of Sparta
GOW II
GOW III

There's also that cell phone game Betrayal but I know the entire story and I can say it may as well not even be canon since it impacts none of the games in any way shape or form.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#6LordoftheCastlePosted 8/13/2011 8:17:42 PM
You can play them in production or story order and it will ruin NOTHING.

Sure it will. It starts you off with a mediocre take on the franchise that could possibly leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Ghost of Sparta only further explains why Kratos went as far as he did in GOW II meaning it makes GOW II make MORE sense.

GoW2 has never and will never make sense.
---
Meet me bak at mah castle 4 sum wiked storwies...
There will be delicious /cake/ :3
#7xOmniCloudxPosted 8/13/2011 8:57:21 PM(edited)
LordoftheCastle posted...

Sure it will. It starts you off with a mediocre take on the franchise that could possibly leave a bad taste in your mouth.

GoW2 has never and will never make sense.

Thanks for the laugh. It seems this board is filled with people who like to spout hilarious nonsense. TC, avoid the many ignorant people on this site. It's gamefaqs for a reason. Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta are both excellent games whether you're a diehard GOW fan or not. The only people I've ever seen bashing them is people who are console bias. You have to wonder why they all of a sudden show up once it gets put on console. I doubt most have even played or finished one or both. Ha. Plus with his (horribly flawed) logic if it were true then you only make your experiences less worthwhile since you play a better game before a "worse" one. LOL. The two games have been VERY positively received and won awards for a reason. It wasn't random. Even Betrayal was received positively since as a cell phone game it was top notch in its day.

Ghost of Sparta I prefer over the first game as I always found the first God of War (how I started back in the early 2000s) a bad way to start the franchise outside the story (which honestly is the main reason to play these games since the gameplay is incredibly simple and the games are easy even on hardest diffifculties. If you've played Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry or Bayonetta this franchise will seriously underwhelm you battle and difficulty wise) since the engine is very sloppy i regards to the gameplay engine (also even simpler than CoO engine wise) and has weird glitches. Plus the atmosphere is boring since 90% of the game is in the same place and it looks bland.

It wasn't until God of War II were I was incredibly drawn into the franchise since GOW II is this franchise at its absolute best in every way and just a VERY solid game. GOW II not making sense is ludicrous unless reading comprehension isn't you strong suit since like everything in this franchise, it's incredible simple stuff. Chains of Olympus would be better than the first God of War if it was longer. Far more interesting game and more fun to play but just doesn't offer enough. Ghost of Sparta IS better than the first God of War hands down ans has two things you'd expect the series to have in the first place.

Anyway TC, it's your choice.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#8LordoftheCastlePosted 8/13/2011 10:05:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9MrStarkillerPosted 8/13/2011 11:13:37 PM
OmniCloud: Upset again so soon? And over so little.

You know he's right. Why do you differ? Merely for the sake of it?

>may as well not even be canon
Being that it is clearly ignored, one can safely assume it is non-canon. No mention from Hera (kill her pet), Zeus (ignored his direct command) or Hermes (killed his son) about all that jazz much less this 'assassin' frame job.

>talking to TC randomly
Cutesy.

NOTE: You don't use paragraph breaks as often as you probably should.

>diehard fan
>calls it GOW
Gears is a pretty good game I suppose. I imagine I would still like Vanquish better.

>play for the story
Sounds like a pretty casual approach to vidya, bro.

>bringing up the talking points of the other thread
Save your breath. You need not take a slapping here too. Mind your manners when addressing the vets, why don't you?

>i
>lowercase
I suppose you're not important enough for capitalization. Or was implying this not quite your intention?

>defending GoWII's story
AW GEEZ.

Did you like "Hope" too?

>CoO would be better than GoW1 if longer
Oh God no. Not remotely. In fact, it might even become worse than it already is merely for stretching out the mediocrity.

Cren: It has been awhile, old boy. Haven't lost your touch I hope.

>time travel
>going backwards
You could have left it at this.

~Now is a good time to be a GoW fan, I suppose. Though I have taken a shine to a few other boards. It will pass.
#10ChaingunmasterPosted 8/15/2011 2:09:43 AM
I'd play them chronologically if I could, and I think that suggesting that it would be stupid to do so is both stupid and immature.
---
http://www.twitter.com/Alos88- follow me and I'll follow you
PSN and XBL id: Alos88