Better Voice Actors

#1QuiotuPosted 12/29/2012 8:02:29 PM
Not that there's anything wrong with the trio, but... Grey DeLisle, Steve Blum, Yuri Lowenthal, Nolan North... they're getting an impressive pool of voice talent this time. You think that's due to Sony giving the devs the budget to get them, or do you think there's a lot of voice talent that want to be part of a Sly game?
---
Just one call will cure it all. Take my toll, and break my fall.
Come and join my little war. You could be my broken whore.
#2Code_Geass_CCPosted 12/30/2012 8:58:00 AM
Part of me wants to say that Sanzaru is really trying to show their potential. We were all skeptical of a different company making Sly 4 at one point, and one way Sanzaru wants to show they are going all out to make fans happy is by hiring A class voices for the characters. That's my theory anyway. I'm sure Sony is the reason why they actually did manage to get them though.
---
PSN: Key_Amazed
Now playing for eternity: Persona 4 Golden
#3WingSilverPosted 12/30/2012 9:00:19 AM
IMO Steve Blum is wasted on Rioichi Cooper since he's just going for the Stereotypical and kind of racy Asia Man voice. Its a waste of a good voice actor, just like how John Di Maggio was wasted on that stupid cartoon Chowder where his character only repeated his name endlessly like a Pokemon when talking.
#4ColonelHawkPosted 12/30/2012 2:52:38 PM
WingSilver posted...
IMO Steve Blum is wasted on Rioichi Cooper since he's just going for the Stereotypical and kind of racy Asia Man voice. Its a waste of a good voice actor, just like how John Di Maggio was wasted on that stupid cartoon Chowder where his character only repeated his name endlessly like a Pokemon when talking.

I think that's the point, they're going for stereotypes of the era they're from. Rioichi is the cryptic,wise sensei, and Galleth is the boisterous, idealistic, chivalrous knight. If this continues, Tennesee kid is either going to be a trigger happy daredevil, or a Clint Eastwood imitator, and Slaigh is going to be a loud, angry Scotsman (etc and so forth for any other included members.)
#5Code_Geass_CCPosted 12/30/2012 7:28:17 PM
That's the name of the game. Sly Cooper has had racial AND cultural stereotypes since the first game. It's all for comedic value, and if you take it way too seriously in a Sly Cooper game I don't know how you get by in today's world.
---
PSN: Key_Amazed
Now playing for eternity: Persona 4 Golden
#6silverdraconumPosted 12/30/2012 8:49:52 PM
I enjoyed the fact that General Tsao was a chicken. :3
#7PhewfusPosted 12/31/2012 6:23:02 PM
I remember Sanzaru saying in an interview that in order to be as non-biased as possible, they listened to voice samples without any knowledge of who the actors are and chose the voices they liked the most.

I'm sure Kevin Miller, Matt Olsen, and Chris Murphy were shoe-ins though or else the fans would have gone berserk.
#8ColonelHawkPosted 12/31/2012 6:44:56 PM
Phewfus posted...
I remember Sanzaru saying in an interview that in order to be as non-biased as possible, they listened to voice samples without any knowledge of who the actors are and chose the voices they liked the most.

I'm sure Kevin Miller, Matt Olsen, and Chris Murphy were shoe-ins though or else the fans would have gone berserk.

Eh, I kinda find it hard to believe that all three samples just happened to be big names in voice acting, but whatever. And of course you can't not use the original three.
#9kingofthevies15Posted 1/1/2013 5:33:46 PM
Frankly I like the voice actors cause I mean it must've taken a lot to get class A voice actors for this game...I mean we have the voices who have done Amon, Sasuke, Nathan Drake, Samantha Manson and so much more. And personally I'm curious to see how the other ancestors will act cause here is how I see it

Rioichi Cooper: Calm, Wise, Cryptic, Confident, Honorable

Sir Galleth: Bombastic, Chivalrous, Head Strong, Overconfident, Brave.

Salim Al Kupar: Old, Cranky, Sarcastic, Confident, Selfish.

Tennessee Kid Cooper: Action obsessed, Selfish, Lone Wolf, Trigger Happy, Rough & Tough

Slaigh MacCooper: Loud, Rough, Brutal, Hot Head

Thaddeus Winslow Cooper: Gentlemanly, Smart, Calculating.

Otto Van Cooper: Highly Intelligent, Calculating, Know it all, Low Self Esteem due to physical prowess

Henerritte "One-Eye" Cooper: Cocky, Arrogant, Flirtatious, Head Strong, Doesn't Play Well With Others

The list can go on and on but you all see my point?
#10ColonelHawkPosted 1/1/2013 7:39:03 PM
kingofthevies15 posted...
Frankly I like the voice actors cause I mean it must've taken a lot to get class A voice actors for this game...I mean we have the voices who have done Amon, Sasuke, Nathan Drake, Samantha Manson and so much more. And personally I'm curious to see how the other ancestors will act cause here is how I see it

Rioichi Cooper: Calm, Wise, Cryptic, Confident, Honorable

Sir Galleth: Bombastic, Chivalrous, Head Strong, Overconfident, Brave.

Salim Al Kupar: Old, Cranky, Sarcastic, Confident, Selfish.

Tennessee Kid Cooper: Action obsessed, Selfish, Lone Wolf, Trigger Happy, Rough & Tough

Slaigh MacCooper: Loud, Rough, Brutal, Hot Head

Thaddeus Winslow Cooper: Gentlemanly, Smart, Calculating.

Otto Van Cooper: Highly Intelligent, Calculating, Know it all, Low Self Esteem due to physical prowess

Henerritte "One-Eye" Cooper: Cocky, Arrogant, Flirtatious, Head Strong, Doesn't Play Well With Others

The list can go on and on but you all see my point?

I actually thought of something pretty funny I could imagine that if Sly and Carmelita are still "hostile" when/if they get to Henriette's level Sly tries flirting with her to get back at Carm for flirting with Galleth until someone says "dude, that's your great^10 grandmother."